With You

Friends with Benefits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinyoung smiled widely as he was handed his test paper.

Most of his blockmates were either sulking or cussing while looking at their own paper, but not him. His kind of smile is priceless. A kind of smile one has when given something he or she really wants. And getting an A+ on an exam could compare just as same. Jinyoung has spent four straight nights in reviewing for his midterm exam. 

He has spent too much time on reviewing that Jackson has to break into their apartment and drag his out, to have late dinner or late snacks. That chinese friend of his has a lot of time to spare, and besides, the guy hates reviewing, or studying in general. Jinyoung sometimes wonders how the older gets to pass each of his taken subjects. What kind of sorcery is that when he hasn't seen him read a single book? 

For the last four nights, Jackson has done nothing but distract him from reviewing. But Jinyoung has to admit, he is thankful for the guy. If not for Jackson, he would've gotten ulcer, from skipping meals too much. 

Aside from Jackson, he also has Mark to thank. For four straight nights, the blonde didn't bother him, even once. Mark is also busy reviewing for his exam since only Jackson doesn't care about his acads. Most of the time, when he comes out of his room, he would see Mark's door closed also, where he could hear some mellow rock music playing. He could only count in his one hand, how many times the two of them have interacted in the last four nights. But ever since Mark saw him drinking an energy drink to keep him up at night, everytime Jinyoung opens the fridge, he would see newly bought bottles of energy drink.

 

Jinyoung was still smiling happily as he walked outside his classroom. He now has a two hour break before his next class. He was about to head towards the cafeteria when he felt a heavy arm wrap around his shoulder.

"Hey, Jinyoungie!" Jackson greeted him cheerfully. "What you got there?"

Jinyoung felt a bit prouder, when the chinese asked. "An A+ in Physics." He even shoved the paper in the older's face. "In your face, Jackson Wang."

"I also got a plus on my test." Jackson said while pushing his hand away.

"Oh yeah?" He asked arching his eyebrow.

"It's a C+ but it's still a plus."

He just laughed at him. He admires Jackson's positivity. Only his friend has that. "Aren't you hungry? Let's go eat lunch." Jinyoung said, tugging on Jackson as they both head to the cafeteria where their other friends are probably waiting for them.

 

When they both arrived, the others were already there, sitting on their usual spot. Shortly after, Mark also arrived and instantly bragged about his A+ too, which had Jackson cursing. Jinyoung is actually surprised that Mark is also doing well in his acads. All along he thought all the blonde knows is how to flirt. He might've misjudged the person. Guess that you can't judge a book by its cover thing is correct.

They were all eating lunch, with Jackson squeezing facts from Yugyeom and Bambam. The chinese's questions were too vulgar that Jinyoung wasn't able to stop himself from smacking Jackson's head.

"Ouch! Why'd you do that?" But he might've done it too hard, which had Jackson rubbing his head, while wearing that long pout. Jinyoung didn't apologize though. Besides, what he did was funny. He also sneered, seeing how Mark is smirking from the side of his eyes.

"Are you that lonely that you're here sticking your nose to our life, huh Jackson?"

"Hey, call me hyung!" Jackson shouted, throwing a fist at Bambam.

"Don't hurt my pumpkin."

And they all just made disgusted eew's hearing Yugyeom's endearment to his precious boyfriend. The bamboo couple didn't mind it though and even made smoochy faces towards each other. That's just disgusting............ly cute. Jinyoung thought to himself as he ate his gimbap. 

"Anyway guys..." Jaebum called on them, getting their attention. The older turned to Youngjae who is seated beside him, eating peacefully. "We still haven't congratulated Youngjae yet, for making it in the music club."

Jinyoung watched as Youngjae's eyes widened, caught in surprise before looking at Jaebum and hitting him in his stomach, making the older laugh out loud. He tried to ignore the creeping feeling in his heart.

Their friends started congratulating Youngjae. Yugyeom and Bambam tapped his back, giving him thumbs up, while Jackson even stood to ruffle the younger's hair. "Oh, you guys. Thank you." Youngjae said shyly, with his cheeks redenning.

"Congratulations, Youngjae." He heard Mark say beside him.

"I knew you would make it, Jae. They would be complete idiots to reject you." Jinyoung chose to say, doing his job as the bestfriend. He smiled as Youngjae gave him his happiest smile.

"Really happy for you, Youngjae-ah." It's now Jaebum talking, smiling with his eyes turning into crescents. "I should treat you because of that. How about we go to this barbeque place?"

"Are we invited too?" Jackson asked.

"Of course not, Jackson. Who even said that?" Jaebum was quick to answer. "What do you say?" he asked turning to Youngjae.

Jinyoung saw how Youngjae panicked for a short moment. Jaebum just asked him out. Jinyoung needs some time to digest that. His hands were stucked in midair, while staring at the two in front of him. 

"U-uh.. well..." He could see how hopeful Jaebum's eyes were, and Jinyoung needed to snap himself out to stop from staring. He kept his head down, until he heard Youngjae's answer. "Okay then."

"Hey Im Jaebum! How rude of you to leave us out!" Mark was talking but Jinyoung still kept his head down. He could imagine how his friends are looking at him right now. Especially when they know about his feelings for Jaebum. 

"We want to go too, and eat barbeque!" Mark continued.

"But-"

"No, it's okay." He finally said, cutting Jaebum's words. Jinyoung just shrugged, ignoring Mark's stare from the side of his eyes. "I need to stay late in school anyway. Still need to film something."

Jaebum kept on telling the others off, while Jinyoung proceeded to eating his gimbap, still ignoring Mark's stare.

 

**********

 

Jinyoung glanced on his watch as he made his way outside the university. It's already past seven in the evening. His friends have already left before him, since it's a Friday, and examination day so they're dismissed early. 

He was walking in a one way street, near the university to get to the bus stop. He checked his phone, only to see a text from Jackson saying that his car was broken so he needed to take it to the repair shop and was planning to drop by his apartment. Jinyoung was about to reply when he suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder. He didn't have a chance to check who the person behind him was when he felt something sharp pointed at the side of his waist. He started to feel cold.

"Don't move, and don't shout. We both know how you'll end up if you don't listen." The man's voice was deep and was enough to send shivers down his spine. He held his bre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter