Adjustments

Friends with Benefits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Y'all I'm baaaaack! You know the drill already. Didn't mark this as "M" hihihihihi.

ஐ〰ฺ・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・・:*:・✿ฺ ஐ〰・:*:・

 

Jinyoung cracked the egg and carefully poured it on the frying pan. The oil sizzled and he winced a bit, slightly frightened that he might be splattered with oil. But he tried to keep his cool. He has to. Especially when he has a specific blonde staring at him, watching as if he's the most entertaining show the guy has ever seen.

Throwing a not-so-obvious side glance, he sees Mark, with his face resting on his one hand, while the other is stirring his just made coffee. He didn't have enough time to classify what kind of look the older was currently giving him but, Jinyoung thinks it's the same as those stares he's been getting from the blonde for the past ten minutes now.

 

"Don't you have other meaningful things to do, aside from staring at me?" Jinyoung finally asked, while rolling his eyes heavenwards. He waited for Mark's answer without turning to face the guy. He focused on frying eggs.

"I'm just trying to make sense of what happened last night..." And there Mark goes, bringing up that damn topic.

What was he thinking really? Has Jinyoung really gone out of his mind? 

To clear things, he wasn't drunk when he pounced on Mark like that. He definitely wasn't. He was just... lonely, he guess? He was desperate to get his mind off things which only stress him out. And Mark was right when he said that lately, Jaebum has been the frequent cause of his stress. Even more now, that Youngjae is in the picture. Why is his story like that of what is usually written in books? Unrequited love on its own, but when the one you love starts to fall for your bestfriend, doesn't that make matters even worse? Him, and his unlucky .

"That really happened, right?" Mark asked, snapping him back from his thoughts. "Boy was I surprised, but I'm not here complaining, okay. You can jump on me any time you want."

And that's when Jinyoung could only give out an exasperated sigh. After transferring the eggs on the plate he prepared, he put the pan in the sink and wiped his hands clean. Only then did he turn to face the blonde, who as he expected is wearing a huge grin on his face. 

Jinyoung didn't talk just yet and just handed Mark a plate with spoon and fork, so they could both start eating. Mark did manage to stay quiet until Jinyoung is on his fifth bite and decided to talk. He could clearly recall what happened last night, and his reason for doing things like that is also clear to him. But he figured he should talk this one out with the blonde since they didn't have enough time to talk last night. 

Okay, Jinyoung might've been too aggressive.

Clearing his throat, Jinyoung started to talk. "What I did last night is not a spur of the moment,  in fact, it's a calculated move, a first step if you would call it, because I just made a decision." He held his chin up as he talked. He sipped on his coffee first before fixing his eyes on Mark's brown ones. "You proposed something to me yesterday, didn't you?"

"Yes, I did." Mark answered, nodding.

"Out of all the nonsense you said, this is what I retained... you said there'll be no strings attached, and just ." He tried real hard to keep his eyes on the older, ignoring how a smirk is slowly forming on those thin pink lips right now. "And I figured, you were right. I'll be needing a distraction... and a good one." Jinyoung sat up straight. "So since you were so sure that you could be my stress reliever, the best I'll ever have... I decided to take your offer."

It took Mark a few seconds before he could hear him laughing. Mark is surely amused, he could see that. 

"I didn't expect you'd consider that." Mark said, and didn't even let him answer. "But I am glad. At least I won't need to pretend like I could keep things platonic between us."

Jinyoung would agree, but decided against it. Mark is already too full of himself, he doesn't want the blonde to know that he does acknowledge that attraction Mark is talking about. "So since, we are already talking about this now, we should go further into the details of this arrangement." He pulled out the memo pad which he kept in his jean's back pocket. "Shall we?"

Mark gave him a questioning look. "What is that for?" he asked lips pointing at the memo pad.

Jinyoung also got his pen and started writing. "We should act like the adults that we are. That's why I'll be writing every single one of the things we'll agree upon, while we have this kind of arrangement. We can't just do things as we please, certainly not you, Mr. Tuan. So we should make a set of rules which we should follow under any circumstances. Got that?" He asked, waving his pen in front of the blonde's face.

Mark is now giving him a funny look and he's pretty sure the blonde's about to laugh so he just glared at the older. This IS a serious matter. At least for him. He knows Mark is used to having with anyone, so this is not new to him. But for Jinyoung, it is. 

"Okay. Okay, alright I get it." 

Jinyoung arched his brow. "Better clear than blurry." Then he started jotting down the rules he wants to enforce.

 

1. ual activities will be done in Jinyoung's consent only.

2. No ual with anyone else. Both should stay clean.

3. Not a word about this arrangement should reach the knowledge of others.

 

He handed the notepad to Mark and waited for him to finish reading but it's only a short second before he heard Mark reacting.

"What's this in Jinyoung's consent only? Am I reading this wrong?" Mark asked with his brows furrowed.

"No you're not. I did write that and that should be taken seriously." He saw how Mark's mouth opened and was about to ask 'why' so he answered him in advance. "You said that you will be my stress reliever and not the other way around. So that means, will only happen in my favor.. only when I think I need it."

"But-"

"No buts. If I will let you decide on this, I think I'll be in probable danger. So no, thank you."

"Wow. I'm really offended." Mark said with his hand on his chest, acting like he's hurt or something. But Jinyoung ain't buying it. "You really think of me as a lascivious person, huh?" 

Jinyoung raised his brows. "Aren't you, though?"

He saw how Mark pursed his lips, clearly taken aback, and Jinyoung could almost laugh. "Okay, moving on..." Mark continued to read the second rule. "Now this just isn't fair." The older complained. "You're prohibiting me to have with someone else, but I could only touch you when you want it? Are you trying to punish me?"

"Will not having really kill you?" He asked in a half amused, half weirded out tone. 

"I don't know." And that response made him laugh at the blonde. "Shouldn't we agree on a schedule then? Like... I'll agree to every weekend. I won't touch you during weekdays. Just give me your weekends."

Jinyoung made a frown before shaking his head saying "No." with finality. So Mark has no choice but to agree. On to the last one.

"You're lucky I am not the kiss and tell kind of guy." Mark said with confidence. Jinyoung just raised his brow again so the blonde felt like he should uphold himself. "I didn't tell Jaebum about our first night, did I?"

This made Jinyoung roll his eyes. "Hey, you did tell him that you had a one night stand at his party."

Mark shrugged. "But I didn't tell him that it was with you." 

Fair enough. Jinyoung thought. Narrowing his eyes at the older, he made his voice sound more serious than usual. "This is only between the two of us, alright? So no one else should know about this. Not my friends, not yours... and definitely not Jaebum."

Mark matched his stare as he sees the older his head to one side. "You don't even need to ask." Leaning closer, Mark continued. "I did tell you I'll help you out with my cousin, right?" then handed him back his notepad.

Jinyoung heaved a sigh of relief as he accepted the pad. "Better clear-"

"Than blurry." Mark finished his sentence, and winked. "Got it."

And when the older his lips, Jinyoung found himself staring at it, getting reminded of how soft those luscious piece of heaven felt. He could only thank the heavens when he was able to snap himself out of the trance he just has been in, realizing that he is staring for too long. Not wanting to embarrass himself more because he's sure Mark took notice of him staring, Jinyoung got both their plates and put them in the sink.

"It's good that we already have everything settled." He said without turning to face the older. But before he could move, he felt Mark behind him, with his back touching the blonde's chest. He turned and faced Mark, hoping he would move aside, but instead, he felt the older's arms cornering him by resting both his hands on the sink. 

Mark's face is dangerously close to his, that he could count his lashes. Jinyoung blinked twice before s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter