Missing

Friends with Benefits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pardon for the looooong wait. TT__TT

ღ .:*・゚♡゚・*:.ღ .♡.ღ .:*・゚♡゚・*:.ღ .♡.ღ .:*・゚♡゚・*:.ღ

 

 

"You're out of popcorns!" 

Jinyoung yelled from the kitchen, just so the chinese could hear him all the way from the living room. Well, he didn't need to yell that loud since he is not more than ten feet from where Jackson is.

"You're the only one who can't get enough of it anyway!" Hearing this from Jackson, Jinyoung peeked his head from the kitchen's door and scowled at the older who still has his feet on top of the coffee table and his eyes darted on the television where Guardians of the Galaxy is playing.

"I know, that's why I'm complaining." Jinyoung says, now walking towards his so called bestfriend. 

Jackson didn's even spare him a glance so he figured he should go block the chinese's view of the movie. "Yah!" Now he has his attention.

Putting his one hand on his waist, while the other is holding up the empty tub. "I need popcorn."

He saw how Jackson made a face which is contorted with irritation. "God, you already finished a whole tub by yourself! Move away, Park Jinyoung!" But he didn't bulge. "I want popcorn. Get me some." 

Jinyoung kept the determined look in his eyes. Normally, Jackson would be the first one to give up and just give him whatever he's asking for. But maybe, today isn't one of those days.

"You know, I could always just throw you out of my apartment. Life here is much easier when you're not around." That statement got him and made him sit beside Jackson, with his shoulders down.

 

Jinyoung is currently staying at Jackson's place, after his last class. It's probably around 5 in the afternoon, and he doesn't want to go home yet, because he knows who is waiting for him. And yes, Jinyoung would very much like to avoid the guy. 

Maybe Jackson noticed his long pout, and being a good friend, cannot possibly stand it that he looks so upset. "Alright, I'll just order some burger and fries while we finish part 2." And although, it's not popcorn, Jinyoung also likes fries so, he just nodded at what Jackson said. It's his treat anyway.

 

It was at the end of the movie's sequel, and when they ate all the fries when Jinyoung looked like he's going to some funeral that Jackson just needed to ask why. 

"I just don't want to go home yet." With this, Jackson raised his brows and asked what's not to like in going home to his apartment where Mark is waiting. Jackson already knew Mark because the older had fetch him from his apartment earlier this morning. "That's the point. I'll see him again." And that response of his only made the chinese more confused. With his high pitched voice, Jackson asked what could Jinyoung possibly dislike about living with Mark.

Jinyoung stared at Jackson who is still clueless as to why he dislikes getting to share an apartment with Mark, who is a walking full course meal, Jackson's words, not his. In his head, Jinyoung starts to blame Jaebum once again.

With a sigh, he chose to let his bestfriend know about the real reason. 

"Remember that night... when..." But he just can't continue, so Jackson yelled at him to just say what he needs to say. "...that night at Jaebum's party, when. . . . when you saw me, walking out of this room upstairs and . . . ."

"And?" Jackson asked, urging him to continue. 

"And. . . .well. . . ." Jinyoung saw how Jackson started to look at him like his patience is running out, so before the chinese could open his mouth and starts nagging at him... "Mark was the guy I had a one night stand with." Jinyoung said almost breathlessly.

He didn't hear anything from Jackson and just saw how those big round eyes got even bigger, as they slowly blink. "A-are you sure?"

"Of course I am. I was not THAT drunk." He said a matter of factly.

"Oh you're not? Is that why it became that easy for you to give your ity to a stranger--OUCH!" He just smacked his arm. Jackson didn't need to say that, he's aware of it. How many days did he regret having that happen? Jinyoung repeatedly scolded himself for being too careless that night.

While still rubbing his arm, Jackson talked. "So... that is why you don't like living with the guy? Because of what happened that night?" He just nodded. "But I don't get what's the problem, though."

"That is the problem right there. I am rooming with the guy I have slept with." 

But Jackson still looked like he isn't getting what he's trying to say. For Jinyoung, his point is clearer than day. Sharing an apartment with Mark, is a trouble in the making. But for Jackson... maybe not? His furrowed brows are enough proof that he still isn't on the same page as Jinyoung is.

"And so?" And Jinyoung will add the tone Jackson has in his voice. "You are rooming with Mark, who happened to you real good that night-"

"Language!" he shouted and hit Jackson with the throw pillow. The chinese really doesn't fail to make him question his decision on befriending the latter. Jinyoung swears, one more of that f word and he'll send Jackson's back to China.

"Alright, just saying." Jackson said, holding his hands up. "As I was saying, what is the problem with that? So what if you're sharing the same apartment as Mark is?" Jinyoung was about to answer when Jackson continued. "What are you worried about? It's not like that night would ever happen again." Then with a sudden change of look, "Unless. . . . ."

"Unless what?"

Jackson is now resting his other arm on the couch while looking at him with that mischievious smile of his. ". . . .unless, you think it might."

"What?"

"Oh my god, Park Jinyoung. You're too easy to read." The older is now laughing at him which pisses Jinyoung off. What did he say? That it might happen again?

"What on earth are you saying?"

But Jackson is still smirking. "Is that why you're too worried of being under one roof with the guy? You are not so sure of yourself, are you? You don't think you could keep things wholesome and platonic between the two of you! It's because, you Park Jinyoung acknowledges how hot Mark is." Jinyoung is still hearing him laughing like a maniac. "Oh good god, this is gold!"

"Hey, shut the up, will you?!" After tackling on the older, Jinyoung finally managed to stop Jackson from laughing. "I swear, over my dead body... what happened that night would never happen again." he said with complete certitude.

But as expected, Jackson refuses to take his words seriously. Instead, the chinese placed his feet back on top of the table, sat back comfortably while looking at him with teasing and provoking eyes.

 

"Guess, I should prepare for a funeral then." With one last teasing glance, "I'll come with flowers."

 

**********

 

No.

Certainly not.

It's never gonna happen again.

 

Not even when Jinyoung sees how Mark is eyeing him like some sort of candy, when he is just standing there in the kitchen, preparing his dinner.

As inevitable as it was, after watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Jinyoung has to go back to his shared apartment with Mark. Jackson of course, almost shooed him outside his pad, and even offered to drive him back, but Jinyoung refused, saying he'll just take the bus because he knows it'll be a longer ride.

When he opened the unit's door, (since Mark gave him his own key) he was welcomed by a sitting Mark on the grey couch. It was around 8 in the evening already so he expected that the older had already eaten, and he's right. But what he didn't expect is when Mark told him that he had set aside some grilled pork for him to eat. 

"You still haven't eaten dinner, right?" Mark asked him casually, to which he just answered that he didn't. And now, he's preparing his plate.

Jinyoung just sat in one of the stools by the kitchen counter, where he could also see watch the television from the living room. Mark is watching a netflix movie which he has no knowledge about, but he just watched.

He was on his third bite when Mark started asking about school. He already knows that the blonde is taking up Sports Management in the same university as he is. And probably Mark also knows about what course he is taking since just yesterday, he had his filming equipments picked up from his previous unit, to here. 

Mark is sitting all comfortably on the couch, slightly facing him, with both legs raised on the arm rest of the couch. He switched on the channel and is now watching UFC. 

 

"Since we're both attending the same university, maybe it'll be more convenient if we go together?" The way Mark asked it was to casual, it's like it's a normal thing to ask... an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter