chapter three.

Test Drive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yujin immediately dives onto her bed covers the moment she reaches home, after heedlessly nodding her head to whatever her caretaker was saying to her on her way to her room. She's somewhat mentally drained and frustrated at the same time, thanks to Kim Minjoo if she were to say. 

 

Everything about Kim Minjoo annoys her. 

 

She's pretty all right, but it infuriates her knowing the fact that Kim Minjoo knows that she's pretty and tries to use that to her advantage when it comes to teasing Yujin but wait, why is she getting so worked up with Minjoo? Today should be her last day getting associated with her since her detention is over after all. 

 

Yup, she could just pretend that Kim Minjoo doesn't exist. 

 

That shouldn't be too hard if she tries to lay low and not associate herself with any of the seniors or Minjoo's clique.

 

A loud sigh escapes from her lips this time because a part of Yujin knows the real reason why she's getting worked up over Minjoo.

 

She might end up uselessly crushing on Minjoo supposes that she doesn't keep her distance away from her and Yujin is starting to question herself on how easy she is, really. How could she even think of crushing on a girl that she barely knew and had just met yesterday, just because she's insanely pretty and smells really good and-

 

"So, who got your tail this time? You didn't even notice me the whole time I was here." 

 

Yujin burrows her face against the covers even more with another sigh when she recognizes the familiar voice in her room. The only person that she knows and is actually allowed to roam around her house as they please that possesses a very thick Japanese accent is Miyawaki Sakura - the daughter of a close family friend. A frown immediately makes its way to Yujin's face when she shoots up from her mattress, only to see Sakura sitting at Yujin's gaming corner as if she owns the place, with her newly dyed merlot-colored hair and Yujin's Nintendo Switch controllers in her hands. 

 

"Sakura. I would definitely appreciate it if you could have announced your presence even earlier, thank you." 

 

"You're so mean Yujin-chan, we're in Korea now so you should definitely call me unnie." 

 

"No." 

 

"You're so not cute," Sakura feigns a sigh and raises her shoulders into a shrug as she finally puts down the controllers in her hands, instead choosing to shuffle her way to Yujin on the bed, lips stretching out into a cheeky grin. "So, you seem to be bothered by something. I love myself a good juicy story." 

 

"And you think that I want to tell you, of all person on what's bothering me?"

 

"Please, I'm the only one that you can actually consider as your friend." 

 

"I made friends alright at my new school," Yujin instantly tries to defend herself and throws the nearest pillow that she could reach for towards Sakura's direction, in which the older girl skillfully dodges. It irks her on how Sakura claims to be so bad at sports and yet, so good in dodging her attacks most of the time. Yujin is definitely somewhat convinced that Sakura is actually pretty decently athletic and not as bad as she tries to make it be and is putting up an act all this while - though she has yet to figure out the reason why Sakura is doing so, but Sakura only calls her crazy whenever she does that and laughs it off.

 

But then again, Yujin does know a side of the Miyawaki family's only daughter that is off-limits for the others - Sakura's own parents and brother included. 

 

Miyawaki Sakura is extremely sadistic, in spite of her innocent next-door girl image that she puts up daily.

 

"Doubt you did." 

 

"I did, okay! H-Her name is Wonyoung."

 

"Do you even know her last name or SNS?" Sakura an eyebrow at her, in which Yujin immediately clicks her tongue and shifts her gaze away. Sakura only snickers in response when she knows that she had managed to hit the right spot. Ahn Yujin was just too easy to read sometimes. 

 

"Her name's Jang Wonyoung... or Kang Wonyoung... I don't know," Yujin says defeatedly. "And no, I don't know her SNS alright." 

 

"Try harder next time babe," Sakura laughs out loud this time and attempts to pat Yujin on the cheek to stop the girl from sulking, though it failed when Yujin retaliates by trying to bite her hand. 

 

"Okay, fine. No friends, but I did got myself into.. something." 

 

The mood changes straight away as soon as Yujin mumbles her response, the cheekiness in Sakura's face dissipating into a much more stern look. Sakura is well-aware of the incident that happened at Yujin's previous school and ever since she had learnt of it, the older girl had gotten protective of Yujin regardless of how much of a teasing Sakura could give her.

 

How could she not when s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter