chapter twelve.

Test Drive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note - Here's a playlist that I'd like you guys to listen to, and you'll know why at the end of the chapter :) Feel free to listen to it while you read the chapter from the beginning or you may listen to it after you're done reading. Enjoy. (Play)

 

It somehow became a daily occurrence for Yujin to stop by the library as soon as she finishes her hall monitoring task, sometimes sneaking in snacks or light food for Minjoo simply because she knows that the latter had skipped lunch with how busy she was in handling her studies and her other responsibilities as the vice president – though thankfully, Minjoo’s workload seems to have lessen with how she’s about to sit for her finals later that year.

 

Strangely enough, Minjoo never questions her presence there.

 

At least, not after her impromptu visit last time.

 

At times, Yujin would actually study alongside Minjoo – reviewing the notes that she had taken for the day and in other times, Yujin would just sit across her quietly with her phone in her hand, either watching random things that she found online or playing a game on her phone but either way, Yujin only leaves once Minjoo wraps everything up and is ready to leave.

 

It goes on for another two weeks, until the one evening where Yujin actually sees her parents home before she does.

 

Yujin was surprised at first to see her father waiting for her by the staircase, because who wouldn’t when you have a pair of parents that comes and go without informing their daughter firsthand?

 

She had lost count on when she had last seen both of her parents in person and not just from their silhouette from a distance away, or from the sight of them leaving the Ahn’s Residence in their respective cars.

 

Yujin lowers her head to her father, bowing a little as a form of respect.

 

“You’re home late.”

 

Yujin keeps shut for a split second, before opening it again to explain herself. How rare of him to be this concerned about her well-being, unless it concerns tarnishing their family image too. Yujin ends up telling him the truth nonetheless. She has nothing to hide anyway, since it is true that she had been spending time with Minjoo recently. “I was studying at the library with a friend, father.”

 

“Ah,” Yujin notices the expression on his face changing a little, though it was hard for her to pinpoint what it was. “I see. Well, I’m afraid that you’ll have to come back home as soon as your lesson finishes from now on. I’m going to need you to attend extra lessons at home.”

 

“Extra classes?” Yujin replies in confusion. Her grades had been decent so far, including the ones at her previous school so what makes her father thinks that she needs to get extra tuition all of the sudden? Yujin grasps the straps of her backpack, anxious at the thought of losing her freedom to do the things that she wanted to do from now on after she’s done with school but the weight on her shoulders slowly went away when she hears her father’s words.

 

“Just for the next two weeks. They’re just social etiquette lessons to prepare you for the company’s annual dinner,” he pauses, the look on his face still as stoic as ever. “It’s been a while since you’ve attended any formal social gathering, so you would need to learn those things again. There’s a lot of important people since it’s our thirtieth anniversary, so I only expect the best manners from you.”

 

Best manners. Of course.

 

Just the best and nothing less.

 

Yujin tries hard to not break out into a sarcastic remark but instead kept her calm and only nods her head obediently. “Okay father.”

 

“Good. And one more thing, you’ll be introduced to the rest of the attendees on that night. As my daughter and one of the possible board members in the future, since I’ve already prepared a spot for you in the company once you get your degree in the future,” he says, cutting the conversation short right after he’s done with what he has to say to her. “Take note of that.”  

 

As much as Yujin wanted to be speechless at whatever nonsense her father was spouting off at her, she couldn’t. She should know better than anyone else that his words for her meant the absolute.

 

But board of members? What a load of bull.

 

She’s only into her first-year of high school and her father is already planning to introduce her to the company’s employee and directors when in reality, it would take her roughly five more years at least until she is actually capable of stepping in into the position that her father had prepared for her.

 

Would it be too much for her to ask for him to leave her be until she finishes her degree at least?

 

Maybe then she wouldn’t have minded as much.

 

What’s the point of introducing some high school kid into the corporate world anyway?

 

It's not as if she could start working right away and there's no guarantee that her father's company would be doing as well as they are at the moment, in the future.

 

She could already imagine the scowls of some people in the crowd, who thinks that it’s unjust that she’s getting such treatment at such a young age just because she’s the daughter of the person who owns the company.

 

Yujin scoffs to herself as she watches her father’s back slowly disappears into his reading room.

 

Whatever. At least she only needs to endure the extra lessons for just two weeks before she gets to return to her daily routine.

 

-

 

Tupac sakurzzz:

Yudaenggggg

Ahn yudaengggg

Wyut

 

ayj:

can you please stop typing like a retard and tell me what you want

 

Tupac sakurzzz:

Das mean >:c

But anywy

I was wndring on whether I could

Lyke zelda and chill or sumin ;;;;D

 

ayj:

i’m busy, go away.

 

Tupac sakurzzz:

uwu Lemme come over anyway

 

ayj:

i’m busy with extra lessons.

 

Tupac sakurzzz:

Oh? 4 what? :o

 

ayj:

company’s annual dinner.

 

Tupac sakurzzz:

Oh ryte…… that. I think I’m inv8ed… remind me wassup with the xtra lessons?

 

ayj:

you know how dad is. it’s been a long time since i’ve attended anything formal.

 

Tupac sakurzzz:

Oh…… Let me visit u for a bit? I’ll bring u food and leaf after that :D

 

ayj:

…fine then. i guess you could.  

 

-

 

“Uncle Ahn?” Sakura was taken by surprise when she sees Yujin’s father opening the door for her for once, though she quickly regains her composure and greets the older man with a smile, spreading her arms out for a hug though he was quick to reject her with a polite laugh.

 

Sakura knows better than that, though.

 

The only reason why she gets treated well – even better than how they treat their own daughter was due to her family background, and the fact that both Sakura’s parents are somewhat a family friend to the Ahn’s.

 

On other days where they need not to keep up to their appearances, they would return to their stoic manners. In front of Yujin, especially and Sakura wonders what the latter had done wrong in her past life, for her to be treated such way by her own biological parents.

 

“Why are you here Sakura?” the older man quest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter