chapter nine.

Test Drive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Summer break finally arrives and in all honestly, all Yujin wanted to do was to spend her whole vacation in her room. Like what other normal kids would do - well, not other normal rich kids apparently since most of them would be flying off to another country and party and what not. Sweet little Yujin just wants to play games all day long and eat her snacks until school reopens again but a certain annoying red head Japanese just had to crash on her plans. 

 

"No," Yujin says and was about to slam the door on Sakura's face but the older girl was quick enough to stop Yujin from doing so and pushes her way in with a disgustingly sweet smile. 

 

"Oh please, I'm not about to let you spend your break like a loser." 

 

"Just leave me alone already, I took care of your fat cat last time didn't I?" Yujin groans frustratingly and folds her arms over her chest in an attempt to look intimidating, which of course fails miserably with how Sakura seems to be laughing out loud and messing up Yujin's hair in response instead. The opposite effect of what Yujin was going for. At this point, Yujin is determined that Miyawaki Sakura solely exists for the purpose of annoying her and it  certainly had been getting worse ever since the girl returns from Japan.

 

"Yes and Maru-chan thanked you didn't she?" Sakura cutely sticks her bottom lip out and Yujin almost gags at the sight. It might've worked on other people. Boys, girls, whomever Sakura plans on targetting for one of her ploys but Yujin is not one of them. The obnoxious pink suitcase sitting on top of the front of the doorsteps catches Yujin's attention. 

 

"Please don't tell me you're planning on staying here." 

 

"Oh, worry not. That is not my plan my dear," Sakura wags her finger right in front of Yujin's face. "Well, not here at least. I'm planning on going somewhere." 

 

"Great, have fun then. Bye," Yujin deadpans and waves the older girl off. Sakura seems to have other plans on her mind though, with how the smile on her face grows wider by seconds and Yujin suddenly has a bad feeling about this. She should definitely bolt while she can, but there's no other place that she could storm to since she is in fact in her own home. The other option is to chase Sakura out of her house but Yujin doubt that the girl would leave willingly without a fight.

 

Unless she call the cops on her, of course.

 

"Oh and you're coming with me! Off to Bali we go!" Sakura says with a chirp. It only took Yujin a few seconds to reply her with a flat 'no'. Yujin should've just headed straight for her room the moment she opens the door to Sakura, really. Nothing good ever comes from associating herself with Miyawaki Sakura and Yujin's about to do just that, as she turns her back around to head up the staircase until she hears a certain name coming out from Sakura's lips. "Minjoo's coming with us by the way." 

 

Yujin stops on her track almost instantly and widens her eyes at Sakura, who is now enjoying the look on Yujin's face - the younger girl's mouth gaping in disbelief. The last text that Yujin had sent to Minjoo was a poop emoji, just hours ago after receiving insults about her favorite character in The Avengers - which Yujin disclosed to be The Hulk and Minjoo was daring enough to say that he looks like an overgrown green alien with muscles when Minjoo herself fancies Captain America and that was the last time Yujin had heard from her. 

 

And yes, maybe they are texting each other over dumb things ever since she got back from that impromptu visit to the cat cafe with Maru and accidentally meets Minjoo and her gang a week ago but that is not the point here. 

 

How on earth did Sakura got hold of Minjoo's number anyway? Unless--

 

"You. You pulled Chaeyeon-sunbae or Hyewon-sunbae into this, didn't you?" Yujin accusingly points at Sakura. 

 

Sakura only smiles at her ever-so-sweetly and shrugs her shoulders. "Both, actually. Got their numbers when I met them last time. Now, are you still insisting on not joining me on my trip?" 

 

Yujin shuts right away. From the looks of it, Yujin is actually considering Sakura's plan this time and Sakura decides that another push was all it takes for Yujin to join her on the trip. "We're staying close to the beach, by the way. Told her to pack up bikinis and all." 

 

"...Okay then."

 

Sakura almost scoffs at how Yujin made it almost too easy for her.

 

Kids thesedays. 

 

 

Yujin is dumbfounded with the way she agrees to all these, in the first place. She swears that the fascination for Minjoo that she had when she first met Minjoo had long died and that they are now somewhere along the lines of annoying each other with their presence through the texts (despite of secretly enjoying the company), so why does Yujin give in so easily when Sakura mentions the possibility of her seeing Minjoo in a biki-- 

 

Heat rises up to her cheeks in an instant at the thought of it and she had to glower at Sakura when the latter shoots her a teasing glance, after looking back and forth from her and the topic of her misery. Apparently, Sakura had taken the liberty to fund everything for the trip for everyone - from their flights to their accommodations and Yujin doesn't know on whether to be thankful of that or not. 

 

Joining them for the trip too are Chaeyeon and Hyewon (no surprise here) but what drains the colour away from Yujin's face was when the room arrangements were announced as soon as they arrived at the resort that they would be staying at. 

 

"So, Chaeyeon and Hyewon in 306. Minjoo and Yujin in 320. I'll be staying alone," Sakura waves the keycards in her hands with a grin before handing them out to the pairs. "Gotta be the responsible adult here, after all." 

 

Responsible would be the last word Yujin would describe Sakura with, but whatever floats her boat she guess. But that is not important right now. What is more important is the fact that she is sharing the same room with Minjoo. Kim Minjoo. Of all people. Yujin pulls Sakura to the side and hisses at her under her breath. "What are you trying to pull here?" 

 

"Pull what?" Sakura tries to blink at her innocently. But Yujin knows better than that. 

 

"You're putting me in the same room as that woman." 

 

"Well, it would be awkward for me to share it with her instead, don't you think?" 

 

"Please, you have enough money to get a room each for us if you wanted to."

 

"But that might make them uncomfortable with how much money I'm spending on them," Sakura tips her head to the side with a pout. "Besides, they might get bored if they're staying alone." 

 

"Well, why are you staying alone then?" 

 

Sakura had to snort at how innocent Yujin was. "Child, this is Bali. The Island of Love. If I'm not getting laid here, what's the point?"

 

"Isn't it Island of The Gods?" Yujin grudgingly squints her eyes at the older girl, only to gasp scandalously moments after a sudden realization strikes her. "Good gods, please don't tell me you're planning to hit it off with either Chaeyeon-sunbae or Hyewon-sunbae? They're still minors. You're going to get arrested." 

 

This earns her a flick on the forehead from Sakura. "No and no. And besides, they're already eighteen, no? You're the only minor here on this trip," Sakura clicks her tongu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter