chapter one.

Test Drive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ahn Yujin couldn't care less on how she is perceived by others.

 

She was often labelled as the 'problem child', both by her own family and the people around her but she thinks that it doesn't matter much, because you only live once and she is damn sure she's going to enjoy every bit of it until she dies.

 

Perhaps the lack of attention that her parents is giving her plays a role too in her breaking every rule there is in her previous school to the point where she had to transfer to another one - a somewhat less prestigious school in comparison to the one she attended previously but it still counts as one of the more expensive schools in the country with rich kids scattered here and there. 

 

Ahn Yujin wouldn't consider herself to be up there with the top families in South Korea but her family does own a considerable amount of properties in the country along with a medium sized enterprise, so all she could say is that she would consider herself as one of those people who lives 'comfortably'. 

 

Her eyes twinkled with curiosity as she makes her way down the hallway of her new school.

 

Her new homeroom teacher looks nice enough and as long as he is not a creepy douchebag (like one of her previous teachers who got her to the brink of getting expelled by the school), Yujin thinks that they're going to get along just fine. 

 

The auburn haired girl stops on her track however, the moment something catches the corner of her eye. 

 

It was the sight of a pretty girl sitting on the ledge of the wooden bridge built across the small lake situated nearby the building.

 

Yujin didn't thought much of it at first and only stared in curiosity, until she sees the girl bending over slightly, in a weird way and that's when Yujin thinks she needs to do something to stop the girl from doing whatever she planned to do. 

 

"Can you hold on to this for a sec Kim-ssaem, I'll be right back!" Yujin says as she stops the teacher from going any further, shoving her backpack into his arms before opening one of the windows nearby, thankful for the fact that it was the 1st floor of the building and jumps out without much hesitation. 

 

Yujin manages to land smoothly on her feet.

 

She had always been one of the more athletic ones amongst her peers, one of the things she is proud of herself but that does not matter at the moment, anyway. 

 

"Hey, you!" Yujin calls out to the pretty girl in question, though the latter seems to barely pay her any attention. 

 

What happened next was out of her control.

 

Perhaps she should've thought twice on what she was about to do - but Ahn Yujin normally doesn't think much and usually does whatever her instinct tells her to do. 

 

And her instinct tells her to pull the girl from doing whatever she was about to do and so she did. 

 

Yujin wrapped her arms around the pretty girl's waist as an attempt to stop her from dropping into the lake but it ends up resulting in them falling together, with Yujin landing her back with a thud, on the wooden surface of the bridge and the girl on top of her. 

 

Yujin curses out loud at the pain coursing through her back, though she ends up scolding the pretty girl first above anything else. "Are you crazy?!" 

 

"If I must say, you're the crazy one here," the pretty girl finally speaks up as she gets off Yujin and shuffles back onto her feet, dusting her skirt off. Her tone was calm, face devoid of any emotions and now that Yujin is taking a closer look at her - she is damn pretty. 

 

Yujin only realizes that she was in fact staring too long at the girl without a word, the moment she earns a raised eyebrow from the latter and the fact that she was still lying on her back while she was doing so, on the bridge is only making things more awkward than it already is. 

 

"I was trying to save you alright." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter