chapter seven.

Test Drive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It became a habit for Kim Minjoo to prey on an unsuspecting soul.

 

They all came from different personalities and backgrounds but what they all had in common was that all of her preys had enough money to easily purchase a building as they pleases or ride a different high spec vehicle everyday to school - a Mercedes Benz on a Monday, followed by a Porsche or a Range Rover maybe, on the next day and Minjoo hates this, really.

 

Simply because as much as she refuses to associate herself with Kriesha Chu anymore, what she ends up doing as a means of recuperating herself from all the heartbreak that the latter gave her was to target on a soul that she could break and all of these souls ends up coming from a wealthy family.

 

Just like Kriesha is.

 

Sympathy was not something that she has for these people.

 

Especially not after Kriesha - her first love and the love of her life back then, chose the fiance that her parents had arranged for her over Kim Minjoo herself.

 

For the fear of losing her inheritance and rights of succeding her dad's company as the future CEO. 

 

How could she be the same girl whom Minjoo would spend sleepless nights with? Minjoo would sneak Kriesha in into her room sometimes at late night, all the while her mom is dead asleep and they would just spend the rest of the night stargazing outside, all huddled up under one blanket with a cup of hot chocolate each in their hands, on the balcony just outside of Minjoo's room.

 

How could she be the same girl who promised her forever right after stealing Minjoo's first kiss on their train ride back to Seoul, during their first gateaway trip to the countryside? 

 

Of course Minjoo is bitter until this very day and since then, she had chosen to toy with the emotions of other people. 

 

Twisting their emotions into believing that they had won over her, only to have the illusions that have clouded their mind crumble down in front of them in one split second. 

 

It was easy, for the fact that she had been gifted with her way with words and that she possesses a very unresistable charm to her beauty. 

 

Despite of all her shenanigans however, no one had ever thought of spreading rumors about her. Everyone sees her as the perfect girl and even those former suitors of her still holds their respect for Minjoo since she is as a matter of fact considered as one of the school's brightest star, with how well she does in her studies and extracurricular activities. 

 

Though to be fair, Minjoo does take her responsibilities seriously and would never slack off work. 

 

But the thought of them figuring her out one day does cross her mind at times.

 

She wonders if they would still look at her the same way. Chaeyeon was the only one who is well aware about it. She was the first one whom Minjoo confided in the moment Kriesha had chosen to left her after all so of course it didn't took her long to know what Minjoo had been doing in secret and the reasons behind it. 

 

Ahn Yujin on the other hand, was a special case. Yujin had first caught her attention during the incident near the school lake and since the girl possesses a different trait in comparison to all of her other preys, Minjoo figures that she would choose her next. 

 

Toying with Yujin's attraction to her and trying to make the girl actually fall for her had been rather fun but the very Kim Minjoo who is now seated in front of the subject of her recent thoughts is actually contemplating on putting aside her original plan because Ahn Yujin had been nothing but stupidly kind to her, in an innocent way. Though the younger girl's words can be contradicting to her real emotions at times.

 

Maybe it's the conscience in her finally waking up after being in a deep slumber for a long time or maybe it's something else but after all the time that she spent with Yujin, she couldn't find a single fault in her. Unlike her other preys, which further fortifies her lack of sympathy for those people. 

 

"Do you want to take a break? I'm hungry," Minjoo says and lightly taps on Yujin's arm. It was almost lunch time and Yujin had been in her apartment for hours from early morning and surprisingly, the girl did make a huge progress in comparison to yesterday when Yujin first practiced with her right after the latter gets off from school.

 

Yujin is dressed in a pair of jean shorts and a loose muscle top with a 'Pikachu' print and it was a rather odd sight for Minjoo since most of their encounters with one another had been limited to the compounds of their school, hence the school uniforms and all so to see Yujin freely flexing her slightly toned arms out in the open was... making her feel slightly weird. 

 

Yujin finally looks up to meet Minjoo in the eyes and a part of Minjoo feels sorry that the normally healthy looking child that she sees in school looks exhausted, most probably from the lack of sleep. Yujin had probably stayed up all night last night just to practice her chords but her efforts did pay off with how well she is doing right now.

 

It was just the two of them again in Minjoo's apartment.
 

Minjoo's mother had left early in the morning to do her weekend errands despite of it being her day off, so Minjoo ends up having the apartment all to herself again.

 

Well, until she hears the door bell ringing earlier at eight in the morning, only to see that it was none other than Ahn Yujin.

 

Thankfully, her fever had gotten better over the days and Minjoo is now only left with a stuffy nose so watching over Yujin today is not exactly as taxing in comparison to the day before.

 

"Okay, if you want to. What are we getting?" Yujin sets aside the guitar on the floor after some time and stretches her limbs out. Minjoo gets visibly preoccupied with the sight of Yujin's well-defined arms stretching in front of her for several moments, until she tries to snap out of it by internally cursing at herself for being obscurely thirsty because really, she shouldn't be doing this. Minjoo picks her phone up from the couch and attempts to distract herself from the topic by glimpsing through the choices of restaurants on her delivery app. 

 

"What do you feel like having?"

 

Yujin unknowingly puckers her lips as she ponders. "Chinese food? Jjampong and Jajangmyeon sounds good right now." 

 

"Okay, we'll go with that then," Minjoo replies. It only took her a few seconds to place her order on the app and before she knows it, her phone is now back on the couch, with her now focusing solely on Yujin. "You're much much better today. Just one last quick run tomorrow then you'll be perfect for the group practice." 

 

"Really? Was I that good?" Yujin beams at her own question, though she winds up with a crestfallen expression afterwards when Minjoo answers her.

 

"Not really." 

 

"Oh." 

 

Minjoo fails to contain her laughter at the sight of Yujin pouting her lips in disappointment. "I'm kidding. You're actually really good now." 

 

"...Hey, I thought that we're well over you teasing me? Whatever happened to the promise you made last time?" 

 

"What promise?" Minjoo bats her eyes in faux innocence and Yujin had to groan at this because she should've known better than to trust the older girl. Well, at least her teasing is not as severe this time. At least that's something. Yujin was about to say something more to Minjoo but comes to a conclusion on not to. A loud sigh escapes Yujin's chest, her back sinking against the couch. 

 

"I'm tired." 

 

"I can tell," Minjoo murmurs this time with a much softer tone and unsconsciously scoots closer to Yujin. She doesn't even know how she finds herself reaching her hand out to pat Yujin on the head and subsequently caressing her hair as a sign that she had done well. "You did well." 

 

Yujin would've pulled away or distanced herself immediately on other days - but today is not one of those days, for some reason. Yujin arrives with the conclusion that she's just too tired to pull away and what not, but the way she flutters her eyes shut at how comf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter