PREP ✕ REVIEWS (+11)

   🥢 EAT ✕ EAT : RISE TO THE TOP! 𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙣.  read update!
 
 
REVIEWING: BLUE SEA CANDIDATES
REVIEWING: BLUE SEA CANDIDATES
REVIEWING: BLUE SEA CANDIDATES
85syfhp.png
NAME HERE!
hi this is the official review page!!! the status of your app is shown on the little box below—if it's checked out it means your application has been accepted, if it's empty your app is pending (typically because there are errors that need to be corrected and / or extra questions for clarification), and if it's x-ed out it has been rejected.
 
images are hyperlinked to the respective app, but if for any reason you don't want your app linked then please tell me! there's also the option of adding me as a friend and keeping your app friends-only if you want it to stay private. 
 
 
 
black-check-mark-png-md.png
85syfhp.png
HAN KIYOUNG!
hi annie thank you for applying! i hope you're okay with me using your backup as kiyoung's fc? while i do agree yoongi looks a bit younger than his age, 18 is a little too young i think. anyway, onto your app!
 
1) could you explain why exactly he decided to start making hangwa? i'm a lil confused on why he wanted to make hangwa of all things since you said his brother is the one who'll most likely inherit the company and kiyoung doesn't enjoy sweets as much as other foods either. (ps i screamed when i saw his specialty cus i used 2 be obsessed with yakgwa as a kid.....still am)
 
2) would you say kiyoung is strong in traditional korean cuisine with a specific focus in its sweets or generally strong in confectionery (eg cakes, chocolates) with a focus in korean ones?
 
3) why does kiyoung dislike minseok so much? does he think he'd do a better job as club president? and what does kiyoung wager in hwayojeons? often times you need to gamble stuff of equal value, so does he ever give up anything every time he has one with minseok? or does minseok like..... let him challenge him without kiyoung having to wager anything cus he knows he'll win anyway :0(
 
+ minseok putting sesame oil in everything is actually the funniest thing cus my mom does the exact same LMFAO
 
ok everything is good now!!!! kiyoung is ~accepted~
 
 
 
black-check-mark-png-md.png
85syfhp.png
KANG ISEUL!
hello yan thank you for applying! there are a few questions i wanna ask for clarification and a few errors i would like you to fix!
 
iseul gettin bullied for her background is super sad... esp cus its a problem in kor where kids get isolated cus of stuff like this so it gets me more : (((
 
but that said im a lil confused about her personality. the personality section described her to be self conscious, awkward, and timid, but the sections following paint her out to be very confident and outgoing? there are a few inconsistencies like this in a few of the sections so it seems like iseul doesnt really have any flaws in her personality. please add a few to make her a bit more rounded!
 
(AND TBH THE PART ABOUT BEING INVITED TO A TEACHER'S HOME FOR A PROJECT FELT KINDA SUS SLDFLNSDF out of curiosity do you have stuff like that where you live cus here in murrica you would 10/10 get fired,)
 
also, its a little unrealistic that iseul worked at an italian restaurant when she was in middle school? in korea, you're only allowed to work as a minor with written permission from your guardian and even then you can't work night shifts! so please correct that and tweak her history to work around this. for story's sake i'll let her work at that young of an age, but in this case she'd have to be limited to working only morning/afternoon hours!
 
+ when you say ocd do you mean she actually has the disorder or she just likes to clean? because they are 2 very very very different things, so if its the latter then please change it to say she just likes cleaning!
 
all that aside, i rlly like the reason for her specialty!!! (cus its true... pasta is hella easy to make but hard to master, yes yes) and the whole plot around her in general. she can be the ult underdog like mr naruto, so pls tell me when you fix the errors i mentioned and thank you again for applying!!
 
 
 
black-check-mark-png-md.png
85syfhp.png
SEOL TAEKYUNG!
hi riel thank you for applying! the first thought i had was that your app is rlly cute cus the whole thing was just " :D " personified,, anyway, here are my thoughts!
 
his specialty was actually surprising! seafood (esp the more exotic varieties you mentioned) is usually associated with asian countries esp japan, so to have him specialize in spanish cuisine was an unexpected twist :0( and him wanting to make super intense flavors reminds me of ryo from food wars!!! aka.... the king of umami bombs, except taekyung's 1000x cuter. the weaknesses you listed fit rlly well with him too ^____^
 
i also like that he couldnt make close friends back in jr high?? cus as bright as he is, hes defined by his drive & passion so it makes sense that he couldnt vibe w the kids who didnt rlly have any of that.
 
personality was ofc, cute, and he is basically sunshine personified. seems like a golden retriever??? looks kinda dumb, easily swayed, sensitive, needs attention, bounces from one person 2 the next. but, i did spot a few inconsistencies with his personality!
 
- minor issue but you mentioned that he's creative and innovative in the personality section but in his weaknesses he said he has trouble creating new dishes because of his limited creativity! pls clarify
- you also said in the beginning of the personality section that he's good at handling high stress situations but then said he's the type to get panicky and generally a big worrywart? pls clarify this as well!
 
overall, taekyung is hella cute and his persona is well expressed throughout your app! pls just answer the 2 questions about his personality and i'll put him on accepted!!! thank u again for applying ~_____~
 
 
 
black-check-mark-png-md.png
85syfhp.png
SON YEJIN!
hello yasmin thank you for applying! i don't mind short or long apps as long as i get enough info to understand your chara, so no worries ~____~
 
first impressions! i like how yejin is like a baby boreum, she has an elitist(?) air that she isn't aware of, + it's also a unique take that some of her kindness stems from arrogance :0( also she's super competent but??? she feels dumb if that makes sense??? the way she acts you can tell that she lived a comfy life because the things she says & does are very my-way!
 
"tells people that her favorite food is coq au vin but in reality its actually spicy instant ramen" THE WAY I SNORTED,,
 
junseop and yejin rivalry !!! i love a lil dose of healthy competition. junseop breathing and yejin getting bothered, no-stakes hwayojeons, junseop giving yejin for not knowing how to farm, and somehow he becomes her first new friend. All The Possibilities
 
overall i don't see any errors and yejin is cute! thank you for applying, yejin is accepted!
 
 
 
black-check-mark-png-md.png
85syfhp.png
KWON SEOYEON!
hello jee, & thank you for applying! the layout is cute n round, + you can tweak and code as much as u like so that's no problem.
 
first thing i see is that seoyeon is a super girly girl which i like lots cus!!!! borderline obnoxiously cute girls are underrated as characters!!!! and her personality is pretty balanced between pos n neg traits so there's no problem there too.
 
one small thing i want to correct is that yuhwa has no uniform!!! i mean, they do, but that's only for the high school division and college students can wear whatever they like. this is a non-issue though so don't worry about it.
 
something i want clarification on is why her specialty is sweet potatoes? most of her lifestyle and trivia was about french pastries and traditional korean cuisine, not to mention none of her listed favorite foods involve sweet potatoes either. it feels super random in that way, so more explanation on that would be great!
 
overall seoyeon is cute and there's no glaring issues, just (1) tiny lil thing i want more elaboration for. so seoyeon is accepted!
 
 
 
black-check-mark-png-md.png
85syfhp.png
AH SEJIN!
hi gaby!!! thank u for applying, and esp with a dino fc cus... my baby doesnt get enough love...
 
first thoughts! i love that dramatic nickname you gave him ("drifter of the kitchen... i shed a tear) and its so well explained?? his personality was also v v well written and i got a solid grasp of his whole demeanor and persona thru those lil scenarios.
 
knowing his whole background really rounded sejin out as a character too! he's a contradictory balance of insecurity from wanting to be Even Better and a subtle charisma that everyone else can sense from how good he already is which is good good
 
i also liked that he doesn't.... really have a specialty? he was trained by his dad to be a jack of all trades and he's not rlly passionate enough about cooking to search one out anyway, so it makes sense that he's just good at everything.
 
the only issue i can really find is that high school in korea starts roughly at age 15-16! 13 is middle school age, but that's super minor and just me being a lil nitpicky. also, chihoon's dad isn't a celebrity chef but he himself is. he was basically a kid celebrity after going viral (or... as viral as u can be back in the good ol 2000s), chihoon's parents were just normal people!
 
all in all i have nothing to complain about and there aren't any glaring issues from what i see. thank u again for applying, sejin is accepted!
 
 
 
black-check-mark-png-md.png
85syfhp.png
AHN DOYUL!
hello lani & thank u for submitting a fellow country bumpkin!!! 
 
doyul can be easily summed up as the " :D " face and i love that... pointlessly happy personalities are underrated. would probably use "XD" unironically. her appearance section was also ing cute,, 
 
her personality was super thorough and i rlly like that it perfectly reflects her years n years of living in rural korea. shes also an interesting foil to fellow countryman junseop, so reading their friendship was actually rlly nice and that first gif!!! !!!! im soft!!!! 
 
that said there are a few tiny things i want to point out.
 
as much as i love taeyeon and how well she fits doyul's chara, her and babysoul are grown women so i feel a bit weird about writing them as 18 yr olds.. pls update doyul's fc with someone a little more age fitting!
 
also, if u scroll horizontally on the first yuhwa page there's a list of available classes to choose from. stuff like nutrition is taught in their high school courses, so!
 
but neither of those are errors that prevent me from understanding doyul so she is accepted. thank u again for applying!
 
 
 
black-check-mark-png-md.png
85syfhp.png
KIM HWARANG!
hi jey thank u for applying!!!! and i hope this fic lives up to ur expectations AAAH!!!! also its perfectly fine to include another app in, it feels like that one jimmy timmy power hour ep... hats off to whoever knows what that is
 
at first i was confused as to why you didnt elaborate on his nicknames, but you explained them flawlessly in the following sections!!! i like how u described him as robotic too due to how methodically he cooks (to the point he can pull off dishes without even tasting em.... king) but his 5 course meals are always harmonious!
 
lowkey hwarang seems like an angsty rich kid with rich kid problems SKJDFN its interesting that he kinda... wallows in his own self pity about how he's so misunderstood, but doesn't realize that he's also viewing the world solely in his own perspective without much (if any) consideration to the feelings of others! imo he's oddly reminiscent of tsukasa eishi in that way.
 
but i do have a few questions!
 
1) how old is kihyun? because the current first seat is kiha and before him it was sinae (until she disappeared). and she was the first seat for roughly three years, so!
 
2) the distinction between his own dreams and the expectations his father put on him isn't too clear, i think. they both have a vision of hwarang being the best of the best, and hwarang's love for creating beautiful course menus would fit perfectly into a restaurant setting. hwarang also has a strong respect for authority, so im a little confused in how that would tie into him "breaking free" from his dad.
 
hwarang was an interesting twist to the "rich kid trapped in his familys legacy" trope, but because i need a little more clarification on his concept, hwarang is on pending! thank u again for ur app!
 
 
 
black-check-mark-png-md.png
85syfhp.png
YEOP CHAERIN!
hello chau and thank u for applying! im sorry about how in late this is due to midterm week but im here and alive and ready to review miss chaerin
 
first thing i noticed was the cool toned color palette of ur app which matched chaerin's personality v v v well. and shes based off todoroki... we stan. i also like that it was reflected into just about every single part of the app! she wrote paragraphs for the "garnish it!" section and you can immediately tell that she took it really.. really seriously lmao.
 
cute n wholesome. sharing a dish of flan? hot chocolate parties? candy and chocolate on valentines/white day? c'mere and lemme giv u a fat hug, granda !!! imagine chaerin giving junseop a chocolate bar on vday so he makes her a white chocolate bar for white day. a birth.....of a (somewhat) friendship
 
i honestly dont have much to say since everything was just fine and super consistent, but i do have one question:
 
in the trivia section, you mention that chaerin is picky about who she cooks in front of. but considering all of the major cooking competitions at yuhwa, including hwayojeons, are open for public viewing, im curious on how she feels about that? especially with the autumn royale that's televised on broadcast, there'll be millions of people who'll see her cooking. does it mess up her game, 
 
thanks again for applying! chaerin is accepted!
 
 
 
black-check-mark-png-md.png
85syfhp.png
LEE DOHUI!
hi rhee!! thank u for applying!!
 
ok so. i think its super ing cute that she got inspiration from chihoon T__T its a (sad) cool touch that she compared herself to him so much throughout her childhood too since he succeeded at such a young age... and her grandpa lecturing her on how to properly julienne carrots!!! !!! 
 
i also think its v unique for her main specialty to be plating and visuals! def would be a huge advantage for dohui since most freshmen would probably go for super simple visuals ~____~ 
 
and she's. me as a college student lmao she acts like she knows what shes doing and does everything on the spot instead of planning ahead LMAO
 
anyway, i couldn't spot any errors so dohui is accepted!!! thank u again for applying 
 
 
 
black-check-mark-png-md.png
85syfhp.png
YOON MINAH!
hello ocha thank you for applying! first things first, because of the mentions of child abuse you should probably mark your app with a trigger warning.
 
that said, i can't find any major issue with your app! it's refreshing to see an app with somebody that's a huge ing Snake, and it's consistent with how she was (unfortunately) raised. especially how she even considers betraying the one (1) person who's been beside her all this time to move herself forward? whew! it spurs a lot of ideas for future plotlines.
 
that's all i have to really say, i enjoyed reading your app! thank you again for applying, minah is accepted.
 
 
 
black-check-mark-png-md.png
7MxXZLE.png