PREP ✕ ELITE 7

   🥢 EAT ✕ EAT : RISE TO THE TOP! 𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙣.  read update!
the elite seven are a student council comprised of the top seven students in yuhwa culinary, determined yearly by either the school's staff or through high stakes hwayojeons between students where seats and expulsions are gambled. they make all of the major decisions for the school and are the highest power in the system save for the academy's director, but a unanimous vote of the seven will override any decision made by him. holders of these seats are guaranteed success in the culinary world and instantly achieve fame nationwide.
A/N
A/N
A/N
meet the members of the elite seven! lmao @ me staying true to food wars and giving them glorious nicknames. and most of the elite seven aren't going to be a major part of the story until... ten or so chapters probably, so don't worry too much about them for now. in depth personalities here.
 
SwkVHgU.jpg
유기하
유기하
THE FIRST SEAT!
yoo kiha is a college fourth year famously known as the left hand of god, right hand of devil. he's a versatile chef well versed in multiple types of cuisine but his specialty is temperature cooking —kiha is capable of executing various techniques to perfectly cook any ingredient to lock in and intensify flavors, as well as controlling the resulting textures to provide the ultimate gourmet experience. he uses his left hand to slice, dice, and garnish whereas his right hand is used to check temperature. he can easily touch hot food, pots, pans, and even put his hand in hot water to grab his pasta in a hwayojeon after the opposing student stole his materials. he's typically known for getting scolded in the halls of the west building by staff and directors for leaving his share of paperwork to boreum yet again, but despite this lack of responsibility he's still the most respected student in yuhwa.
 
SwkVHgU.jpg
김보름
김보름
THE SECOND SEAT!
kim boreum (known outside of school as "bonnie kim") is a college fourth year who holds the reputation of being the strictest member of the elite 7. she expects nothing short of perfection out of herself and others, suggesting expulsion for students she believes haven't shown any exceptional promise. as the first seat kiha is the face of the council but boreum is undeniably the one who runs it—she's frequently the one who coordinates events and has the final voice in all council decisions. her cooking abilities surely do not disappoint, either; dubbed the alchemist of the table, boreum creates mind boggling new flavors out of fusions of different countries' cuisines and their respective cooking techniques. she's too busy coordinaing school festivals so her dishes have only ever been tasted by judges, staff, and other elite seven council members, so her cooking is an object of curiosity by the entire yuhwa campus.
 
SwkVHgU.jpg
김한재
김한재
THE THIRD SEAT!
kim hanjae is a college second year considered to be the best pâtissier the school has ever seen. as yuhwa's prince of sweets he's known for not only his good looks (which made him an instant viral celebrity upon his entry into the elite seven) but his 98:0 record for hwayojeons. despite not being as well rounded as the two above him, no other student has as strong a specialty as he does and is regularly challenged to hwayojeons by other pastry chefs of yuhwa. hanjae's also one of the only council members that regularly interacts with non-elite 7 students and is currently the president of chocolate rs, the second largest research society on campus.
 
SwkVHgU.jpg
川原 冬美
川原 冬美
THE FOURTH SEAT!
the youngest member of the council is none other than second year high school student kawahara fuyumi, known for her specialty in aging. being as young as she is she's still yet to learn how to differentiate fresh ingredients, and thus developed a skill in aging, fermentation, and brining to close that gap. she's famous for the dry aged steak she served in the high school first year midterm exams, and since then was a member of the council. due to her ability in spite of her young age, fuyumi is dubbed by culinary experts as yuhwa's fermenting prodigy.
 
SwkVHgU.jpg
염치훈
염치훈
THE FIFTH SEAT!
yeom chihoon is undeniably the most famous young adult in the world of food. he appeared on star king when he was just ten years old with an abundance of original recipes, and his name instantly spread all over korea. he was invited to just about every imaginably broadcast for his skill and natural goofy wit, but upon graduating middle school it was officially announced that he'd retire from television to polish his abilities in yuhwa. currently a fourth year known for his prowess in chinese cuisine, specializing specifically in fujian style soups and other east china cuisines. in the yearly sakura festival he's unfailingly number one in sales for his public friendly comfort food and has been called the master of broth.
 
SwkVHgU.jpg
吴锦海
吴锦海
THE SIXTH SEAT!
despite only being a college third year, "wu jinhai" is a name known worldwide in the culinary industry. his parents run wu, a french restaurant in shanghai that has been awarded two michelin stars in its eight years of running. throughout those years hundreds of techniques and recipes were drilled into his head in hopes he'd take over their line of work, and when he was accepted into yuhwa's college division he was put in charge of the up and coming yuhwa branch of wu. it's why he seldom ever shows up to classes anymore and most students aren't even aware of what he looks like; jinhai would much rather spend his time cooking for wu than spend time in classes where he already knows all the material, and the countless absences are primarily why he's unlikely to ever be awarded with a higher seat in the council. his lack of dedication despite his status makes him the object of hatred from other students and he's been challenged to multiple hwayojeons though he's never bothered to actually accept them. currently, jinhai is called the sleeping lion because of his cooking prowess despite all it.
 
SwkVHgU.jpg
이신애
이신애
THE SEVENTH SEAT!
lee sinae is the sole member of the council to live in blue sea dormitory and has been a proud resident since her first year of high school. there are a few reasons why she's titled the flavor nomad: 1) sinae was in line to graduate two years ago as the first seat, but disappeared a day before the start of her fourth year and only reappeared during the graduation ceremony for the next class. no one knows where she was for the past two years. 2) her specialty is unknown. ever since her first year of yuhwa's college division sinae has shown competence in any and every type of cuisine, and it's assumed she has no weakness when it comes to cooking. because of her wordless disappearance she's been demoted to the seventh seat of the council, but many predict she'll overthrow kiha to reclaim her spot.
 
13azuXc.png