PREP ✕ RECETTE

   🥢 EAT ✕ EAT : RISE TO THE TOP! 𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙣.  read update!
 
is social media used by yuhwa students or is it banned? and if itsnt then how is it viewed?
 
social media isn't banned but it's definitely monitored! aside from its major publicized events the school likes to keep its happenings private, so staff randomly look over instagram, twitter, and facebook accounts to make sure that their students aren't revealing too much information. the same goes for whenever those specific events are officially announced; until the event is officially over, students are not allowed to post anything about it whatsoever on any platform or risk expulsion. but generally speaking social media doesn't have much of a presence in yuhwa since they have to worry about their own lives, and most students only use messenger apps like kkt or line? as of the last 3-4 years there have been official class groups on facebook though (so the 21st class of yuhwa would have their own separate facebook group!) and people can post about lost items, ask for help with certain assignments, and etc. research societies may or may not have their own facebook groups depending on the size, but smaller ones probably just have separate kkt group chats.
 
hii question: can you elaborate a little more on the autumn royale/cherry blossom festival? also, is it okay to let my character have one of the elite 7 as a role model? :D
 
ok yes sure!!!! the cherry blossom festival is a 5 day event held every spring where people both in and outside of the school can buy food from student-run booths!!! it's famous across the entire nation and many people set up reservations to hotels/inns in yuhwa island (wealthier customers, eg food critics, alumni stay at yuhwa resort) in order to eat for all five days and enjoy the dishes. it's actually a no-stakes event without any prize or punishment, but since the booths are funded by the school, if students record a loss they have to pay back all the money...... but if they make a profit, they get to keep the $$$ !!!! its typically seen as a way for research societies to promote + get more funding and for students to hopefully network with bigger names in the industry.
 
the autumn royale is a 2 (or 3.... u shall see) round cooking competition where 50 students are chosen by an official team consisting of the executive board of yuhwa and the yuhwa resort team, & elite 7 members can then replace however many members they would like to come up with the ideal 50. they’re separated into two groups of 25, 7 in each section singled out to participate in the second competition, the 14 students are narrowed into a top 7, and this group is allowed to participate in a zero-stakes hwayojeon with the elite 7 to potentially steal a seat! the first round is held in september, second in october, and the final round is november.
 
and yes!!! that is perfectly fine ^______^
THE FAQ!
 
 
OVERVIEW
OVERVIEW
OVERVIEW
eat x eat revolves around seven first year college students at yuhwa culinary institute. they're all graduates of the high school division of the academy and now that they're finally old enough, they sign up to try and live in the esteemed blue sea: a dormitory that only accepts the best of the best.
 
but u see.... while yuhwa students are always exemplary, for the past few years no one has been able to live up to house mom ryu shinji's standards. so after the previous fourth years graduated from the academy, blue sea has a measly population of one (elite 7 member lee sinae!) and these 7 freshmen will be the first new residents of the dorm in 3 years!!!
 
overall this story will be pretty lighthearted and will follow their jouney as the representatives of the new ~golden age~ of yuhwa. more information about the academy will be way way below!!!!
 
CHEATSHEET
CHEATSHEET
CHEATSHEET
BASICS all applicants are first year college students who already went through the three years of training at yuhwa's high school division so everyone is 18, no exception! please try to only use face claims that can actually pass for that age..... (former wanna one, park jihoon is taken) and no racebending thank u. any ethnicity is allowed but they should be proficient in korean! cus u know.... the whole school speaks korean
 
ABOUT THEM listen im not gonna be like "hey!!!!!! they arent as equally flawed as equally good!!!!! rejected!!!!!" cus u know, some peoples good traits outweight the bad or the bad outweight the good. u r... ur own pickle. just write a character u urself understand and explain them properly, please dont make their personality a mish mosh of cliche tropes! same with their background, make it grounded in reality.
 
RELATIONSHIPS the story focuses heavily on the relationships between the main cast so collabs are welcome! encouraged, even. as always only include relevant people and if u want a love interest of some sort put them here too. but keep in mind everyone in this academy is On Edge about whether or not they will get to be here another day so..... dont make ur love story hyperdramatic. (ps a love story is mroe likely to be developed if its between the main cast!!!!)
 
BLUE SEA when people apply to blue sea they submit an online form to yuhwa (via their official website) before getting emailed a scheduled date & time, so answer the questions in the "interview" portion in first person. dont... follow my example app for it cus i got lazy lmao
 
APPLICATION you can tweak the app however you want or use a whole new one altogether, idrc! but... BUT.... u must include everything. including the lil music box on the top left. when i write music is my biggest inspo so any song that you think fits the vibe for ur chara will do!!! the summary section is non negotiable as well. if u have any questions regarding the code pls just comment and i will try my best 2 help!!! in general the layout is simple so it shouldnt be too hard to play around with. i think.
 
YUHWA
YUHWA
YUHWA
so here's just extra info about the ~world~ of yuhwa in case the yuhwa page left you a lil curious about things.
 
· one can transfer into yuhwa in any year, whether it be the second year of high school, the last year of college, etc. however, u will always be put up to the same standards as everyone else so it's a personal problem if you fall behind.
 
· the high school division isnt important so all u really need to know is that its three years long and during it you take normal required classes (english, math, etc) + courses that teach basic gastronomy. it runs like... a pretty normal school, cus yuhwa only gets really competitive in the college division.
 
· since its a culinary school, there's obv no Majors cus... everybody doing the same  but all students are required to sign up for 5 classes a semester, and u graduate if u actually make it to the end of your fourth year. that's it. also, since yuhwa has many major schoolwide events that include both college and high school students, the latest a college class can end is at 4pm!!!
 
· college courses are usually stuff like "french cuisine" or "molecular gastronomy" or "livestock dressing" or literally... anything else u can think of in the realm of food, dining, and its culture. if a course has a separate lecture and lab then that counts as two classes!
 
· there's no such thing as a gpa here but it runs on a 3 strike system, so the second u get a 3rd f on an ASSIGNMENT, not even a final grade, u out. expulsion can be wagered in a hwayojeon, and if u dont clean after yourself in the provided kitchen facilities u will also be immediately expelled. and for this story's purposes, during the freshmen mt u can literally get kicked out any second under the sole jurisdiction of any authority there!!
 
· the school has no tuition. its an Institute, so it runs off of not only private business investments but hefty alumni donations as well. its why the academy is 100% merit based and painfully selective! however, while the education is free, personal living expenses (eg buying food for experimentation) is all on ur own dime. ur also not allowed to have a part time job since itll inevitably distract u from ur studies, so if u cant afford to buy ingredients for a competition.. 2 be u (`ㅂ´)
 
· yes, mcdonalds and fast food Do exist and students Do eat it from time 2 time if they feel like it
Me1mYH6.png