Wonyoung

Daughters of Busan

Eunbi regrets crying along with Chaewon that night because, on the next morning, the lass is back to being her normal self. And somehow Chaewon successfully tricked Eunbi into giving out the location of her work so she could come by for lunch.

Eunbi was already embarrassed enough as it is that her father and Chaewon’s mother had an affair, but Chaewon doesn’t detest nor blame her for having such a father. Instead, the other teases her and makes her want to resort to violence. “I don’t see what I want on the menu,” Chaewon says as Eunbi emotionlessly, readily is prepare to take her order.

“What were you expecting coming to a chophouse then?”

Chaewon closes the menu book and with a smug says, “A Kwon Eunbi?”

Eunbi could feel her cheeks getting warm as she tries to compose herself, “You’re something special. I’ve never had a customer come here before to order their sister. Are you sure you want a taste of your sister?”

Chaewon eyes Eunbi’s firm fist she tries to hide it from the rest of her customers. Leaning back into her chair Chaewon groans, “Hey, the owner of After Ribs,” quickly she locks eyes with Sian, “don’t you have some Kwon Eunbi? I need a taste of her before I can get back to work,”

Sian couldn’t hide an impressed-startled chortle as she looks at Eunbi, “Eunbi, take care of the customer,” was all she said before Chaewon grabs Eunbi by the wrist and pulls her into the empty seat across from Chaewon.

“Why are you doing this to me? I have to work—”

“Trust me, sister. I want out of this place as much as you want me gone. However, I came to make you an offer,”

Eunbi leans forward, slightly curious to hear what it is, “An offer?”

Chaewon nods with a small smile, “Right now my place is without a housekeeper. I notice you clean well so—”

“You want me to be your housekeeper?”

“Something like that. The pay will be decent and worth your effort. And also—”

Eunbi puts her hands down and shakes her head, “What about the neighborhood? Have you thought about it? You’ll cancel buying the land right?”

Chaewon folds her arms across her chest, “Sister, do you know how skyscrapers came to be in countries with little to no land?”

“What?”

“Since the land has a limit, no one could build out anymore so they started building up. That landlord of yours initiates the desire to sell his land. Hence, instead of going up first, anyone would choose to expand as far out as they can. It would be an irrational move not to accept that offer,”

Eunbi raises a brow, “My highest education was the fifth grade. Are you saying you’re going to buy the land or not?”

Chaewon chuckles at Eunbi’s random and blunt honesty, “If you can convince the landlord not to sell it, I’ll gladly not buy it,”

At that moment, Chaewon sees she has ignited a fire in Eunbi’s eyes. “Give me three days and I’ll change his mind,”

Chaewon nods.

Outside, Eunbi follows Chaewon with small steps. Then they stop beside a silver Hyundai Kona, where Chaewon’s chauffeur attempt to come out and open the door for her but she gesture for him to stay in the car. Then quickly she turns to face Eunbi and smiles at the shorter woman. “Since having some Kwon Eunbi gave me energy, I’m going to go back to work now,”

Eunbi scoffs, “I can see what your friend meant when she warned me about you,”

Chaewon who has grabbed the handle stops to furrow her brows, “Warned you? Who warned you about me?”

“The friend who was in your house that day. She told me you’re possessive over your siblings and you treat your sister like a girlfriend,”

Chaewon lets out an ‘ah’ then with a serious face asks, “Does it bother you?”

Fluster by her sudden forthcoming question, Eunbi coughs shortly and avoids eye contact before she answers in a small voice, “A little bit? But I guess it’s better than fighting,”

When Eunbi isn’t looking, Chaewon takes a step forward and casually hugs her. Eunbi freezes up as she didn’t expect Chaewon to be so friendly and touchy, “Thank you for hearing me out yesterday. And thank you for taking care of Jisun,”

A smile becomes visible on Eunbi’s face as she couldn’t hide her appreciation. And for a moment she basks in Chaewon’s warmth and kindness. 


During the hour that After Ribs is closed so Sian’s staff can take a lunch, Sian watches from the window as Eunbi cleans the tables. She wears a radiant smile seeing the look on Eunbi’s face, “Did I miss something? The other night you tore her shirt and today she’s here to visit you. Ever since she left you had this big smile on your face,” Sian points out.

Eunbi takes a break from cleaning and hides the lower half of her face by holding up the rag she was using, “Was it that big?”

Sian chortles, “No, it’s good. It’s just been a while since I’ve seen you smile,” Eunbi shifts her eyes and turns red.

She can’t explain it either. How her heart races when Chaewon is around her and even more when the lass touched her. Then with a gasp, Eunbi wakes up from her drunken state, “Does this mean...I like her? She’s my sister though…”

“Hardly,” Sian says after overhearing Eunbi’s concern, “She’s the daughter of your dad’s girlfriend. There are no blood relations involve and they never got engaged nor married. Aren’t her parents still married? I never heard that your mother divorced her husband,”

Eunbi releases a sigh, “Still, her mother was like my mom,”

Sian claps her hands together and shrugs, “Well, just make her mother your mother-in-law. It’s not that big of a stretch,”  

Eunbi smiles once again as she hides her face. Then she hears Sian tell her to take a break before they re-open the restaurant.


Back in her office, Chaewon is on the phone with her best friend. Although the phone is on speaker and set in the center of the glass coffee table, “Since your cousin is coming tomorrow, let’s go out and party like the old times,”

On one of the two black leather couches, that could seat four, Chaewon flips through a file that has to do with her cousin. “Deal,” Chaewon says before she adds, “Ah, have you checked on Hyewon for me?”

“Yeah. She looked depressed and down, Chaewon. I spoke to one of the managers there and they said they were keeping her there secretly but if upper Managment hears of it. Whether it’s someone complaining to corporate or someone in a higher position dropping by to check on things, it’ll be against policy and Hyewon would get kicked out and added to their blacklist,”

Chaewon sigh and murmurs, “Of course. A spa isn’t a hotel,”  

“What should we do? I can’t keep her at home because it’s already crowded with my parents and brothers. Do you have anywhere else for her to stay?”

Chaewon thinks about it for a moment then click her tongue, “I can probably ask Wonyoung,”

“You’re talking about Jang Wonyoung, right? The woman who was interested in you or should I say Soul Group?”

“Correct. Hiding Hyewon at Wonyoung is probably the best option. Wonyoung and her mother work in the entertainment industry, it’s their forte to keep things under wraps. Wonyoung is a good girl, Hyewon would be comfortable there,”

“Sure but how are you going to bring Hyewon out with your father’s man around?”

Chaewon chortles, “Goeun, he’s not the issue. Convincing Hyewon to leave with Wonyoung would be harder. Hyewon still believes I put my dad up to the whole divorce thing and the stalker might recognize me, so I can’t go personally. You and Wonyoung will have to team up for this,”

There’s a moment of silence on Goeun’s end before she supports the idea, “Just tell us what to do and when,” then Chaewon hears her scoff a little, “huh, I never thought I’d say that. I’m usually the mastermind behind all of our plans,”

Chaewon smiles, “Exactly. You raised me well,”

“Yay, pat on the back for me,” Goeun jokes gleefully before she tunes down and waits for Chaewon’s instruction. 


Once Chaewon’s chauffeur pulls up into the driveway, Chaewon gets out of the car and sees Wonyoung leaning on the hood of the Spirra just opposite of their lane. She notices Wonyoung didn’t emit the same youthful, charming energy and instead is wearing a hard expression. When her driver pulls away to park the car properly, Chaewon walks over to her guest. The minute she stops in front of the other she asks, “What’s wrong?”

With a snap, Wonyoung presents to her a small black device in her hand. “Did you do this?”

Chaewon tilts her head thinking she would know what it is if she scans it from a different angle, but a moment later she remains clueless, “What is it?”

“You really don’t know what this is?”

Chaewon didn’t like Wonyoung’s tone. It sounds like the younger is scolding her. “Well, what is it?”

“A voice recorder,” Wonyoung reveals, “it looks like the whole house is wired with hidden surveillance cameras and voice recorders. You really have no idea?”

An unexpected and disbelief scoff escape Chaewon as she could guess it was her father’s doing. “Why would I wired my own house?”

“That’s why I had to ask. It didn’t make sense. You see, I’m used to detecting these things since I have had experiences with them, being in the industry and all. I don’t know who set them up, but you should be careful of those around you. I’ll suggest spending some money and change the people working around and with you. Also, strengthen your security,” Wonyoung says. However, Chaewon only heard half of it as the thought of her father being behind it is starting to tick her off.

“Thanks, Wonyoung,” Chaewon begins as she grabs the little box out of Wonyoung’s hand and finishes her sentence, “but you should go back to Seoul. I’ll call you soon,”

Wonyoung frowns, “Do you know who’s responsible for the installment?”

Chaewon sighs and in a gentle, weak voice says, “Go, I’ll call you soon I promise,” despite Wonyoung calling after her, Chaewon turns away from the lass and went inside the house.

Inside the beautiful, spacious home, Chaewon scoffs. How could such a glamorous, welcoming place be used to test her loyalty? With a heavy sigh, Chaewon walks over to a grayish blue sofa and falls back first onto it. She rests a forearm over her temple to block any light rays from reaching her eyes. Then tiredly she drifts off into a deep slumber.

It was the next morning when Chaewon hears a ding coming from her phone. With only an eye open, she pulls out her phone and notices it’s a message from her Mr. Oh:

Miss Chaewon, your cousin’s plane lands at 10. President asks that you pick her up personally.

Chaewon groans as she drops her phone onto the floor and rolls over on the sofa to get some more sleep, although she has been sleeping for nearly fifteen hours.

Then incoming is a text from her cousin:

 Can’t wait to see you in a bit, Tod ;)



A/N: Guess Chaewon's cousinnnnn although I feel it's quite easy to guess who it is xD