Secrets

My Vampire Knight (Changkyun X Reader)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Vampire Knight
Chapter 4
Secrets


You stare in absolute shock and fear. More than ever, were you afraid of what your aunt was about say. She may seem frail and sweet, but your aunt was a sneaky and cunning woman with a whole lot of experience. She was sly, fast, smart, and observant. All of this was very important to her. Especially, since she was a former Vampire Hunter.

One of the best to be exact. Years ago, before you were even born, she was already a Rank S Vampire Hunter and surged fear upon all vampires. The Blood Assassin as they nicknamed her. She was brutal but quick, known but silent. 

She was highly praised by Hunter Organization. They were very sophisticated people, however they feared your aunt and she got away with whatever misfit or matter she felt was necessary. 

However, by the time you turned ten, your parents had suddenly disappeared and your aunt had decided to retire to take care of you.

So, now here she is, sitting right in front of you, and this lovely royal vampire: her prey.

“A-Aunty...” You speak up, hopping she could drop the topic. But in your heart, you knew she wouldn’t. She smirked and stared at Changkyun with stone eyes. “I’m sure Y/N already knew. Your identity isn’t secret at school obviously.” She speaks with a cold voice. “I knew there were pure bloods at her school, I didn’t think she wouldn’t interact with one. But, I’d never thought she’d bring one home.” Your aunt breaks the stare and looks down at her food, picking at it.

The two of you were silent and the atmosphere was tense. You didn’t want to intervene and you could tell Changkyun was feeling a bit pressured as well. He was silent and only stared at your aunt. You looked down and could see his hands clenched tightly. As strong as a vampire his could be, trying to make any hasty move in front of a professional and well-trained Vampire Hunter would be idiocy. 

“Changkyun-ssi, I believe that you did save my dear niece and I appreciate it.” She continues. “I also do not mind you being friends with her... but...” She pauses and looks dead straight into Changkyun’s eyes and into his soul.

“Try anything, and I’ll have your head stabbed on a stake in your sleep.” She coldly warned. “AUNTY?!” You stand from your seat and yell in disbelief and annoyance. Changkyun looked at you shocked and tried to calm you down. “H-Hey?”

Your aunt sighs and continues to eat. “Finish eating darlings. You will get sick from eating cold food.” You stare in disbelief and slowly sit with a sigh.

***

Dinner was finally over and you were standing outside the apartment with Changkyun. You took a loud and deep sigh as you turn to face the vampire boy. You then take a low bow. “I apologize for my aunt’s rudeness.” You apologize. “I am dearly sorry and hopefully I can make it up to you.” Changkyun eyes you a little shocked, but smiles and pulls you up to face him again.

“It’s fine. It’s to be expected from the Blood Assassin herself.” He looks at you reassuringly and smiles. “Beside, it tells me you are in good hands at home.” You tilt your head at his statement. “Huh?” He merely smiles and rubs the top of your head. “Dinner was good. Thank you.” He chuckles with his deep voice. You look up at him with a blush. “Ah.. yeah.” And with that he releases your head.

“So, you knew I was a vampire?” He suddenly asks. You look up at him a little shocked, but nod. “Yeah. I mean... they talk about you and your friends a lot at school.” You explain. He merely nods and smiles. “That’s good.”

The conversation kind of stopped there and you didn’t know what else to say. Because you were still shaken by the events of today as well as tired, your brain wasn’t functioning like a normal person. Changkyun seemed to have caught the problem and decided to let things go and leave. 

“You can head inside first. No need to see me off.” He began. You look at him and then nod. “Oh? O-okay.” You then bow and begin to turn away. As you did, he slowly turned around and headed off. However, not before taking a glance at your back as you disappear into the apartment.

Once he knew you were inside, Changkyun turned away and headed out to his car. Once he reached the vehicle, he  sat inside silently for a while. Thinking to himself deeply, he sighs and looks down and at the passenger seat. In the seat, he spots the lily you had back at the fields.

“She must’ve left it on accident.” He presumed. Changkyun takes the lily into his hands and stares at the flower. He becomes mesmerized by the delicate beauty of the plant and the pure, creamy, white color of the petals. It was so pretty. He then wonders to himself and a small frown appeared upon his face.

“Purity... something... that rarely exists in this cruel world.”

***

Back at the apartment, you were in a rage as you confronted your aunt. “AUNTY!” You yelled. She merely hums in reply as she read her book on the living room sofa. “Why did you have to be so upfront with him?” You ask. She just shrugs. “It’s my job as your guardian.” You frown at her words and sigh. “Aunty... He was a guest. Plus, he helped me out today. Shouldn’t you have been a little more courteous to him?” You stare at her in disbelief and sigh again. “He’s a good person.”

She was silent for a while. You didn’t know what to say and just gave up. “Goodnight Aunty.” You then began to turn away and head to your room until she called out to you once more. “Y/N-ah...” She calls. Stopping in your tracks, you allow for her to speak. “I know he’s a good person. I’ve met his fam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter