It was all in the past

I was made for loving you

It was a Tuesday night and Moonbyul was doing something different from her usual routine. Obviously, she's never been a morning person. Working every night for five days a week can be troublesome for having the right amount of sleep. She woke up around 6 am and decided to go for a jog. She's been preoccupied with work lately and running is one of her ways to try and release her frustrations. Her apartment was quite big and famous. She decided to live here cause it's close to her work. Neighbors here doesn't really get to see one another, she hasn't even met her neighbor. She walked out of the door wearing her White shirt, Adidas joggers, cap, and shoes. When it's also the same time her neighbor opens her door and was wearing sportswear too. She greeted her out of courtesy. Thinking it was going to be a short hi and hello. 

The woman introduces herself as YooA and began talking to her during the elevator ride. Moonbyul's kind of surprised how her neighbor turns out to be naturally fun to talk with and has great charms. They decided to jog together and get to know each other. That was the day she met her. Days past by and they got closer,  they got to know more about each other. YooA is a Singer, they share the same interest in an industry and a whole lot more. 

After a year of being friends and getting closer Moonbyul developed romantic feelings toward her and YooA accepted it, with a painful condition, of course, she wants it to be fully private. YooA has strict parents and they're very old school. Whilst Moonbyul having what she calls 'The best Parents in Town' nobody is more supportive and loving to her ever since she came out to them during High School. She only liked girls since she even remembers discovering what 'liking someone' means. She had her first girlfriend on her third year of High School, her first crush was probably when she was a fifth grader and it was her classmate before. 

YooA was her best friend that time and she was lucky enough to be able to have a best friend and a girlfriend at the same time. She has never been that happy before even if she has to keep her as a secret. Outside if you don't know these girls, they looked like they're a typical best friend. They have shared fair amounts of challenges throughout the relationship. Moonbyul wasn't able to tell and see what came towards the end of their relationship.

It was a fine day and Moonbyul woke up really early because she felt like she needed to surprise her girlfriend. They've been quite having a hard time the past months with miscommunication, clashing schedules and a lot more. With flowers in hand and cake on the other, she visited her apartment since YooA decided to move to where she said is much closer to her work. As she turned the knob to open the door she saw her on the sofa with another man making out. She was so shocked that dropped the cake that made the two know her presence. YooA stood up as fast as she could and ran to Moonbyul. 

She didn't want to cry in front of her and this was just something she never imagined. But tears just won't stop flowing her eyes. She runs towards the elevator and YooA caught up to her and held her hands but Moonbyul takes them back. She pleaded for forgiveness and that it was all a mistake.

"I love you. I'm sorry this was all a mistake." YooA pleaded.

She couldn't open to tell her how angry she feels towards her, shout how this was all unfair. It feels like everything happened too fast and now it was on slow motion.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean all of this to happen. I was stupid! Forgive me. Please, Moonbyul."

She looked at her, "I don't wanna see your face ever again.". She entered the elevator and clicked for it to close, Thank God nobody was there cause as soon as it closes she burst into tears as she covered her face. She went straight back home and cried to herself. She turned her phone off cause YooA has been calling her nonstop. 

Moonbyul's heart was in pieces. How can she throw a two-year relationship just like that? What kind of strength she has to do that behind her back? Maybe YooA was just still experimenting. Thoughts of why and how came circling her mind it was already three or four hours when she heard a knock on the door.

"I know that you're in there. Please talk to me." she could clearly hear her voice.

"P-Please just listen to me," YooA added

"I'm sorry, I- .." before she could say anything more. 

Moonbyul interrupted her "If you don't leave, I'll call the security up to get you out of here."

"Please just hear me out!" she shouted from the other side of the door. "Moonbyul." she said softly and began to sob,

"Leave. Don't make me call the security." Moonbyul warned her.

She heard steps, she finally left. She took a leave for a week and stayed most her times alone. Isolated herself from her friends. Changed her mobile number, moving into another apartment. Donating her old clothes and buying new ones. She and her ex-girlfriend used to share clothes a lot so she needed to do that. Everything she thought she needed to do, she did. The last day of her leave, she dyed her hair. Yeah, everything feels new but nobody can see her heart. 

It took a lot of days, weeks and months to feel okay and Moonbyul was so happy to feel okay after such a long time. Maybe 'okay' isn't the best feeling but at least it's not that bad anymore. She had a few flings here and there but she never took them seriously. Until she just cuts them off, some would last a week and some are just days. Now it's been exactly a year since that happened.

It was all in the past, she has learned her lessons. She has discovered when it hurts a lot in only means you were always genuine, loyal and true to your feelings. She wrote a song cause that's the only way she can express her feelings.

They didn't get to see and talk to each other anymore after her ex, being persistent for weeks. Her ex-girlfriend eventually got tired and from that, she avoided hearing news about her since then. It has always been better that way. She shared so many memories with this person and she has to bury it herself at a very dark time before. She didn't gain closure but right now she felt better. Maybe closure could get her the peace of mind she needs. But it's a tough journey and being able to get back on her feet and feel okay after a few months is rewarding.

As she listened to her song from the past with Solar. Moonbyul felt weird of how she's sharing a piece of herself to this person. Solar never judge her after hearing it, she was amazed by how talented Moonbyul was. How she could make a story and translate it with a work of art. Solar never asked a question to whom the song was. She gave her that respect and appreciated her art. 

"I hope someday you'll find someone that will make you write a happy song." Solar smiled at her.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! Thank you all for the support and reading my story. It's my first time writing an author note~ 

Hope you all liked this chapter made it more thoughtful and deep. A lot more to come!

xx evillily