Chapter 4

Her Secret Admirer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

this is one of the pictures i took :)
hope you're ankle is fine!

    
 

 

Wheein smiled as soon as she read the letter she got. It even has an attached polaroid of cherry blossoms. It surprised her because she has been whining about it for a while. After all, she's been dying to see cherry blossoms and now, it’s finally here. Though it’s not the real deal but the thought counts. In their neighborhood, no cherry blossom could be found and it is such a shame because it has been days after its peak yet she still hasn't seen it. Byulyi even about it, saying that she's seen it countless times already. She would have gone to see it for herself but time hasn't allowed her.

 

"Morning, Wheein-ah!" Yongsun greeted her and what was surprising is that Byulyi wasn't there but instead, Hyejin, who isn't having a good time as she huffed trying to catch her breath.

 

"Morning, Yongsun, and what happened to you, Hyejin-ah?!"

 

"Good morning to you too."Hyejin greeted, ignoring Wheein’s question as she gritted her teeth in annoyance, glaring at Yongsun.

 

Confused at Hyejin’s actions, Wheein looked at Yongsun for answers and the latter gave her a sheepish smile before giving her what she wants, "Well, I jokingly messaged her that she only has 15 minutes left before classes start. I told her to get ready or else she’s going to get that one-hour community service later. I didn't know she would take my words seriously.”

 

Hyejin continued glaring at her and scoffed, “And you still dare to laugh?” Even when Hyejin was shooting daggers at Yongsun, the latter just laughed finding Hyejin cute with her disheveled hair, "Not funny. I haven't taken a bath because of that!" Hyejin retorted with Yongsun apologizing yet not really.

 

Wheein didn't know Yongsun can be this playful. 

 

“I’m sorry,” Yongsun said as she tucked a loose strand of hair behind Hyejin’s ear, “would food appease your anger?”

 

“You think you can just get away with that?”

 

“One week. The food’s on you for the entire week.” Hyejin negotiated, her smirk getting wider by the seconds as she sees Yongsun giving up in front of her eyes. “Yes!”

 

Wheein didn’t know that they were that close already.

 

“Is that alright, Yongsun? Hyejin’s appetite is… you can say that you have to say goodbye to your allowance now.” Wheein consoled.

 

“It’s alright, I did this to myself,” she said and dried the nonexistent tears on her eyes.

 

Yongsun is pretty funny, Wheein thought as she laughed.

 

“By the way, where is Byulyi?” she asked Yongsun but Hyejin answered instead, “She’s already here.”

 

Tilting her head in confusion, “How can you know that when you have just arrived?” She didn’t mind it at first but the way Hyejin sounds so sure about it piqued her curiosity.

 

“Because of what’s in your ha– uh, no… well, I mean I just guessed.” Hyejin shrugged.

 

Just in time, Wheein’s attention was directed to another person who had the audacity to wrap her arms around her shoulder, and because of that, she couldn’t see the panicked gazes the two women in front of her were giving to each other.

 

“So, what’s up?” Byulyi asked to everyone but her eyes lingered on Hyejin that only confused Wheein because it looked like they were having a conversation. Hyejin rolled her eyes and Yongsun grabbed everyone’s attention when she clapped her hands, “Let’s continue chatting later, or else we’re gonna be late!”

 

“Yeah… Let’s do that.” Wheein muttered still confused at what just took place earlier.

 

 

The last class finally ended and Wheein felt that all of her energy has been drained. Their teacher even had a surprise quiz and luckily, she was good at memorizing which earned her a perfect score. Going to that cram school when she was younger is finally paying off.

 

Hyejin and Yongsun already left and she was just waiting for Byulyi to finish what she has to do. They were supposed to be doing their project in Byulyi’s house today. They've got the rest of the semester to do their project but the two of them decided that it's better to work early on because they are still not that preoccupied with too much work.

 

She was cleaning up her table when Byulyi finally arrived, “You’re done? Should we go now?” Wheein stood up and was about to walk away when she noticed Byulyi not moving. She can see hesitation clouding in her eyes so she asked what’s wrong.

 

“Uh, nothing’s wrong. Everything’s fine but I was thinking about,” Byulyi stalled for a moment, “…well you know, eating first before we continue our project? Would that be fine?”

 

“I’m not being weird! I’m just hungry, that’s all, okay?” she added quickly.

 

“Whoa, calm down. I didn’t say anything,” Wheein then chuckled after seeing Byulyi so agitated, “I guess it’s fine. Besides, I’m getting hungry myself.”

 

“So, where do you want to eat?” she asked as they walked together outside their room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter