Chapter 2

Her Secret Admirer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

With sleepy eyes, Wheein opened her locker and as usual, a letter fell out. Just like that, the sleepiness wears off as she picked it together with her fluttering heart which heats up her cheeks. Confusion was written on her face as she noticed a keychain that stood out among the pile of her books. She immediately read what was written on a small piece of paper and wondered if her stomach is already fine.

 


i remembered you like eggs so when i first saw this keychain, i immediately thought of you. 
forgot to give this to you yesterday. have a good day :)

 


A crease on her forehead decorated with a frown on her brows, Wheein tilted her head to the side as she tried to remember when she had said that. She closed her eyes, lips pursed, focusing hard to pinpoint when and maybe she'll have a lead on to who is this person who persists on giving her letters without fail.

 

She yelled a Eureka as her brain cells worked to the fullest and then immediately buzzed her way towards their room like a madwoman to find her friend.

 

"Is your stomach fine already?" she heard Yongsun asked to Byul who hissed at her. Wheein flinched at the sound and that made Byul turn around, who looked flustered at her arrival. She shook her reaction off and proceeded to sit on her chair when Byul decided to provoke her first thing in the morning.

 

"What's that funny looking keychain on your bag?" Byul pointed at the egg sushi roll keychain she just received just this morning. Instead of arguing back, Wheein decided to stay quiet and not let Byul ruin her wonderful morning. Just in time, Hyejin showed up.

 

"Hyejin!" she called and ignored the tall girl.

 

"Oh? What's with this energy early in the morning?" Hyejin questioned and yawned loudly at her. "Listen." Wheein said seriously and Hyejin tried to also be serious to humor her friend and have this end so that she can get at least another 10 minutes of sleep.

 

"I figured who she is."

 

"What?!" she yelled and students turned their head towards them, wondering what is the commotion all about. Wheein covered and smiled sheepishly at her classmates who in turn ignored them as they went back to their business.

 

"You know who she is?" she whispered at Wheein, still taken aback. Hyejin couldn't stop moving her eyes around as she asked nervously, however, Wheein ignored her reaction.

 

"Well, not really. I still don't know who exactly but I got a lead!" Wheein beamed in which Hyejin sighed with relief.

 

"Well, are you alright?" Wheein asked but before she could even answer, Wheein straight out ignored her and continued rambling. "So, as what I was saying, I got a lead."

 

"And what is this lead?" she asked as she uncapped her water bottle and drank a little bit of it.

 

"She's from our class." she replied with so much certainty that Hyejin accidentally spat the drink out of . Fortunately, Wheein has fast reflex and evaded the water splash or else she'll end up like a wet chick. She got worried at Hyejin and rubbed her back to calm her down.

 

"Are you that taken aback?"

 

"Y-yeah." Hyejin answered, still coughing when the water went to the wrong pipe.

 

The class settled down when their teacher appeared for their first period. Unluckily, Wheein is seated just right next to Byul who sat next to the windows. She sighed and turned her attention on the person in front.

 

"So, today, I'm going to announce who's going to be your partner for your course requirement."

 

Everyone groaned at his announcement, including her. Not that she's unhappy because of the project but because they don't get to choose who they are going to be partnered up with. She met Hyejin's eyes and smiled sadly. She already planned everything if they are going to end up being partners however all her plans came crashing through.

 

"...Jung Wheein and Moon Byulyi." her ears perked up and before she could even say something to complain, her teacher already proceeded on to the next pair, leaving Wheein speechless.

 

"No way."

 

She heard the chair scraped on the floor as the girl she despised the most came close to her. "Yes, way. Accept the reality now, Jung Wheein. I'm your partner for the rest of the semester." Byul grinned and didn't forget to wink at her.

 

Wheein snorted rather loudly at her failed attempt and sighed. Just her luck to be stuck with the person she hates.

 

With no other option, the two of them planned how they're going to make their project. Byul suggested that they could go to each other's house alternately so everything would be fair. Wheein agreed since the terms were rather fair and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter