Chapter 1

Her Secret Admirer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It is Monday morning and students started to arrive at school. It was still a bit early but there was already a handful of them even though they hate waking up early in the morning. It's an alternate universe where students prefer to wake up in the morning than sleep in and do an hour of community work after school.

 

 

Jung Wheein was no exception as she staggered at the school gate. Her body felt heavy, especially her eyes and it did not help that dark circles formed around it. It seems like cramming four chapters in one night is not the best strategy to take a quiz after all. She must have looked like a panda. 

 

 

'At least, I'm a cute panda.' she thought. 

 

 

Though sleepy, she scampered her way to the locker area to fetch some of her belongings when a letter fell out from her locker. Her heart fluttered when she picked it up and it never failed to put a smile on her face whenever she receives a letter from her persistent secret admirer.

 

 

hey!

i thought you might need some sweets before you take your quiz. i will be cheering for you! fighting! (ノ≧∀≦)ノ

 

 

Wheein also had her fair share of admirers. It cannot really be avoided since she looks so adorable that you just want to wrap her with your arms and put her inside your pocket. As many have said, Wheein is a ball of sunshine. Her laugh is contagious and you just can not help but laugh with her. She has the beauty, personality, and humor to boost. Who could not fall for such a person?

 

 

Ever since she started her freshman year, she had already started receiving letters from all kinds of people. Some even had the courage to confess to her face to face and unfortunately, Wheein rejected all of them since she wasn't really into dating. As time goes on, the letters lessened until only one remained. Wheein thought that maybe they thought that it was futile because they already knew that they are going to be rejected or maybe it's already enough for them to watch her from afar. She caught some of them staring at her and end up blushing when Wheein smiled at them. 

 

 

She closed her locker after getting the said chocolate and slipped the letter between her notebook. Maybe she'll need it later to boost her mood, as it always does.

 

 

"Wheein-ah." Ahn Hyejin, her bestfriend since diaper called as she arrived next to her locker and leaned on it. Wheein chuckled at the sight of her friend who looked like she did not sleep for a week.

 

 

Hyejin scoffed and muttered. "As if you looked better." Like Wheein, she also picked some of her books from her locker just next to Wheein's and closed it after getting what she needed. Her eyes fell on the chocolate on Wheein's hand and smirked.

 

 

"Is that why you came 30 minutes earlier and left me?" she teased as they walked together.  She did not fail to notice the blushing mess Wheein was becoming as the corner of lifts up though she tried covering it up with her book. Hyejin could only chuckle at her lame attempt. 

 

 

"I... I did not leave you! I... uh, I forgot something!" she reasoned though she cringed at her lame of an excuse. They both knew she was lying.

 

 

"If you say so..." Hyejin said nonchalantly. "So, what it did say this time?" she asked as she finds the letter far more interesting than Wheein's lame attempt to make an excuse for bailing her this morning though she is not really angry. Sometimes, she just wants to over nothing.

 

 

"Well, she gave me some chocolates and cheered me up." Wheein replied as she eyed the chocolate at her hand.

 

 

"How do you know that it's a 'she'?" 

 

 

"I don't know. I just... guessed."

 

 

It was on her freshman year that she first received something from her persistent secret admirer. Every day, her secret admirer never fail

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter