Chapter 3

Her Secret Admirer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, how's it going?" Hyejin asked after taking her seat.

 

Wheein looked up and yawned, "Fine, I guess? Everything's going well minus the part where Byulyi annoys the hell out of me."

 

"Morning, Hyejin, Wheein!" a newly-arrived Yongsun greeted as she neared her seat. 

 

"Morning, Yongsun!" Wheein greeted brightly with a smile. If all people are like Yongsun, the world will be a better place. She sighed and shook her head knowing that it won't happen. What a shame.

 

"So, Yongsun got a good morning and I get nothing? You hurt me, Jung Wheein," and yes, the reason why the world can't be a better place because Moon Byulyi exists. "I thought that we have gotten closer ever since we became partners!"

 

Close, my . 

 

"Maybe if you tone down your bullying then I'll think about becoming friends with you," she muttered and heard Byulyi gasped out loud that she had to roll her eyes. What a drama queen.

 

"Bullying? How can you call my show of affection, bullying?! Yong! Tell her! Tell her that is how I show my love and affection to people that I'm close to," Byulyi said as she asks Yongsun for support. "Wheeinie's right Byul-ah. Stop bullying her, that is not the right way to show your affection to the people you like!" Yongsun replied instead as she sided with Wheein. The latter did not miss how Yongsun playfully winked at their direction as Byulyi still can't get over how she was betrayed by her bestfriend.

Wheein saw how Hyejin smiled at that and shook her head in amusement, "What?" her friend asked as Wheein kept on staring at her.

 

"No, nothing."

 

Is it just her or is there something that she doesn't know? Why does she feel like that it was an inside joke?

 

Wheein has a lot of questions but that went out of the drain as their teacher entered their room and started their lesson.

 

 

"Do you feel something is weird?" Wheein asks Hyejin as she closes her locker and leaned on it. They were in the changing room to prepare for their P.E class. What a bummer. "Weird?" Hyejin replied, raising her eyebrow. "Yes, weird."

 

"Weird, how?"

 

"That's the thing! I can't put my fingers around it." Wheein answered as the two of them exits the room to go to the field.

 

"Wassup, ladies!" Byulyi then invites herself and puts herself between Wheein and Hyejin as she wraps her arms around their shoulders, "What are you talking about?" she asks as she turns her head to Hyejin and Wheein looking for answers.

 

"Noth–

 

"Wheein was just talking about something weird and that she can't put her fingers around it," Hyejin replied indifferently. Traitor!

 

"Hyejin!"

 

"What?" her friend asked as if she hasn't done something wrong. 

 

Wheein stiffened when she felt a warm hand on hers, "You can just put your fingers around my hand, though. Like this." Byulyi said then raised their intertwined hands for Wheein to see. Slowly, the heat rises to her cheeks then to her ears. "Byulyi!" she yelled and smacked her arms repeatedly whereas the woman receiving the smacks is just laughing her off.

 

"Hyejin-ah," Yongsun calls out to the person who seemed out of place.

 

"Let's go. Let's pretend that we don't know them." Hyejin immediately replies and thanked Yongsun for saving her. "No problem and yes, let's do that." Yongsun agrees as Wheein and Byulyi are running around and yelling at each other.

 

 

"P.E ." Wheein rants at how unfair this is to those people like her who weren't gifted the physique or stamina to be athletic. Wheein dances sometimes and yes, it does need stamina but sports is another story that she doesn't want to talk about. It's just ridiculous how they are graded based on their rankings. You get a perfect score if you placed first then the teacher fails you if you end up last. She really hates P.E, that's it.

 

"Just admit that you're the one who and not the subject itself," she doesn't have to turn around to figure out whose annoying and teasing voice it belonged to. No one can be more annoying than Byulyi. "Shut up. Tch." Moon Byulyi with her stupid smile and her stupid pretty face. Byulyi just annoys the hell out of her.

 

Byulyi started doing some stretches to condition her body before her turn comes up. Wheein notices how Byulyi sweats a lot even though she has barely done something physically. If she can recall it correctly, she has heard Yongsun once called her a black hole because of how much she sweats. It was an unusual nickname that Yongsun gave to Byulyi but that is how they roll. She smiles as she recalls her secret admirer sharing how much she hates summer because of how easily she sweats. Maybe the only thing they have in common. She was ranting to Wheein how could such a season exists. She hoped that time comes faster so that it would be winter again. It doesn't take a detective to figure out that her favorite season is winter.

 

"Yah, Jung Wheein! Come over here and do some stretches." Byulyi interrupted.

 

"Fine," she grumbled and made h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter