xxx. paris,france.

Paris En Tu Invierno

Yves. 

I hated this day with every grain in my body. I was sitting outside, after a brief meeting from work in my new Lamborghini Urus. It smelled so brand new, though it was a pre-owned hand-me-down from my dad. I honked my horn in my signature staccato style, so that Jiwoo knew that I was outside. She came down in a floral miniskirt, cardigan sweater and flats. Geez, what was this girl's obsession with cardigans? And being so cute? She got in the backseat and I angled my mirror so that I could see what she was doing. "What are you doing back there?" 

"Aren't you picking up everyone?" she asked. "They're at the train station, mon chaffeur." That seductive purr at the end of her voice drove me nuts. I blushed and coughed, trying to reach for my coffee. I just realized that it was empty. I cursed myself 100 times before I started to pull off. "They're at Avenue Foch, right?" 

Jiwoo agreed in a light hum. This brat. I wanted to make her mine so badly, my body started revving its engines. I had to react fast. My secretary bailed out on the movie, so I was basically on my own in the theatre. I was going to look a total fool, stalking Jiwoo there. I mean, I was her driver after all. But, that didn't mean anything. She didn't know I was even invested in such a movie. It didn't even seem like something I would voluntarily opt to go see. I bit my lip as the GPS blurt out its directions in Italian. My brain wasn't registering anything being stated. What did sinistra mean? Oh wait, that's left....no right...yeah. It's left. I wanted to divert my attention to the girl who was giggling in the back. 

Once we reached Avenue Foch, there was 3 people standing there. One of them had to be Fran and the other two were probably her date and Nicholas. I glared at them all, trying to figure out which one was the guy. They all climbed in, exchanging words in between French and English. I got a terrible headache trying to decipher what was happening. Jiwoo paused to introduce us all. 

"This is my friend from Korea, Soo-Yves." Her voice sounded like it was hyper and smiling. "Yves Ha." She casually tosses my last name out there as if people would know who I am. If she were to say in in Korea, there would have been a more crazy response. 

"You told us about an Yves." Fran sounded very knowing. It made me wonder what Jiwoo said about me. I decided to stay quiet. You know, chaffeur duties. Plus, I was heavily listening in on the conversation. I had no intent on joining in. "Isn't she the one who-" 

"Shhhh!" Jiwoo giggled. Then a lot of words were exchanged in French. What on Earth were they talking about. I heard one of the guys chuckle wildly and then I noticed that both of them were wearing make-up and sporting fanny-packs. I turned around. 

"Which theatre are we off to again?" 

"Le Grand Rex on Poissonere. You can't miss it," one of them tweeted. 

"Nick, you look so ravishing tonight, daw-ling," Jiwoo chirped to him. I winced in my seat, nails digging into the steering wheel. God, Jiwoo. He giggled in response. I parked the car and got out. When I did, Jiwoo gave me a confused look. "What are you doing?" I smiled, not responding. She huffed and folded her arms while we all walked into the theatre. I paid for all of them on my black card. Everyone was astonished and gushing with confusion as to what I did for a living. I just smirked. Jiwoo's eyes were bearing into the back of my neck. 

She pulled me to the side. "What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm going to see the Lego Movie 2: The Second Part. What about you?" I asked, my voice in a low octave. 

She blushed. "Don't you not like these types of movies?" 

"I wanted to expand my repetoire," I lied. "Don't ask questions. Let me see it." 

"Is this because you're jealous of me and Nick?" she asks in my ear, a light mischief in her voice. I clenched my fists. "You were very quiet on the car ride. I know you are a woman of a few words, but you usually have conversation when you meet new people. You charm everyone." 

"I just charmed the lot by buying everyone snacks. What else could they need?" I grunt.

"Hey!" Fran yelled. "Movie's starting soon. Are you two going to continue to have a whisper fight or are we gonna watch this movie?" 

"Yes. Please come on!" one of the boys huffed. 

I grip Jiwoo's wrist. "Which one are you dating again?" 

"The really cute feminine one with the dark hair." Jiwoo winked at me before following them to the theatre. I just registered that nobody in the group had dark hair. It was pastels on the boys and the girl was blonde. It took me for beeps before I finally joined them. Jiwoo had duped me. Jiwoo Kim. Duped. Me. I sat beside her in the movie and she was sipping on her soda, eyes glittering with innocence. Every bone in my body burned. What in the world had just happened? The people who came with us were a row above us. They were giggling wildly at the previews. 

"So, you played me into taking me out on a date?" I ask her. 

She shushes me, putting a manicured finger up to her pink, glossy lips. I really wondered if she still kissed the same. There was a squeeze of the hand that immediately made my heart rush. I never felt this way since high school. It felt like senior year all over again. The movie came on and I must say, I didn't really enjoy it much. I knew there was a reason why I never engaged in children's movies. Well, if you could even call it that. The movie had a share of some funny parts. When we all came back together after the movie, Fran gave Jiwoo a knowing glance. Nick and the other guy were hi-fiving each other. 

Fran saunters up to me. "Hey. We wanted to see for ourselves how you behaved with Chuu. And we don't know if we should trust you with her yet."

I furrowed my brow. "I've known Jiwoo since she was a kid. What do you mean?" I smirk a little. 

Nick snaps his fingers. "Well, me and Pablo don't know your intentions, Miss Hotshot." He reapplies a coat of lipstick. I must say, I needed a shade of whatever that was.  It really caught my eye. "Chuu talked about an Yves in our discussion circles. And she wasn't sure how to ask you out on a date to really see-" 

Jiwoo hushed them, yelling at them in French. 

Fran chuckled, holding up a flask to her lips. "Chuu, it's obvious she knows now." 

"But, still, Fran." Jiwoo pouted. 

"I took her out multiple times, but I guess I never asked what Jiwoo wanted to do," I said. I looked at Jiwoo who was madly blushing. Her cheeks matched her lipstick, perfectly. I grinned and pinched her cheek. "You wanted to see this movie that bad, eh?" 

"She was worried that you wouldn't wanna go see it, " Pablo said. "She said that you would have seen it as juvenile."

"Hey, if Jiwoo wants me to go watch Strawberry Shortcake, I'd go," I say. "Why not? It's with Jiwoo." I grab her hand. "You tell me whatever your heart so desires. We can do whatever you want." 

Jiwoo looks down at her shoes. 

"Look at Jiwoo with her sugar mummy," Nick chortles. Pablo giggles with him, as Fran goes outside to smoke her e-cig. "I told you, Jiwoo. This girl would give her the world if she wants to. Don't listen to Fran...she is the big sister to all of us. She just worries a lot. I can see that you want what's best for our little fleur, here." He grins at us both. "Well, our uber is on its way. You two get home safe." 

They all leave. 

Jiwoo and I are left alone, our hands still intertwined. I grab her chin softly and press my lips against hers for a few moments. We were in our own little world. I pause and she looks into my eyes and then she pulls me back in for a more deeper kiss.