xxvii. Champs-Elysses, paris, france.

Paris En Tu Invierno

Yves. 

Who was Yves? Who was Sooyoung? When meeting another Korean within my father's business, they simply greet me and know me as Ha's daughter. No name given officially. Just, Miss Ha. Today, me and my employees (sheesh I have a whole posse of them. I personally noted to take them out for drinks sometime) were at Cafe Lenotre for a business venture. There were many museums nearby that my father wanted me to check out to donate some exhibits. I had my hair pulled back into a tight bun, clipboard under my armpit, and a fresh coffee in my hands. I wasn't really that hungry. I also recalled that Jiwoo was going out with a group of people later, so she wouldn't be up for dinner tonight. 

I really needed to figure out my life for the rest of the day. 

"So, are we giving them the 'Paris en Invierno' feel?" Fabio asked. Fabio was one of the first employees I hand-picked for my sector. His real name was Donatio, but he liked Fabio as a nickname. He gave a "Fabio flare", as he would put it. He grinned. "A whole listing of personal paintings that Ha has invested in on some new artists?" 

"I was thinking about Paris En tu Invierno. Gives a more personal feel. A romantic one," I say. "The vision I have for the exhibit gives the theme of falling in love in the winter and watching it blossom through time. Your winter. Your love. Try to walk through a field of floral paintings only to fall in love. The cold long winter. But, you see something beautiful within it. Making it, yours. Like, meeting the one you longed for for so long, and them finally becoming yours..."

Fabio cocked his eyebrow. "See, I keep forgetting, you were once an artist. And you look at things from the art's eye, rather than simply appreciating it." 

"Tsk tsk, Fab. I would expect a better response. I'm saying, if you were to get a vision of what you longed for, for so long. Flowers. Spring. But, in the winter time. You experience love. In a very dark period of time in your life where you think it would never end." 

"That sounds very beautiful," Emma says. Emma is my second hand-picked employee from the United States. She is an aspiring novelist, but needed funding for her collegiate studies. "Cold period of time. You get the thing you wanted the most and it's finally yours." 

"Maybe, I can get some local florists to pitch in to hand out flowers, to solidify the image," one of the museum coordinators say in their heavy French accent. "Paris En Tu Invierno." 

"That would be lovely," I said. "But also, to get the caterers from the finest places in town for the opening night.  I also want to refer for at least some spring-themed champagnes." 

"You're just trying to get everyone all warm and buttery this winter," Fabio chuckled. 

''I'd suppose," I grin. 

After the meeting ended, I got into my car. I the radio and played some hip-hop. I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel, gazing at the sky in the horizon. I wish I still had my camera, but I lost it when I first came here. Plus, taking intricate photographs while using my steering wheel wouldn't be an awesome idea. A couple cars honk behind me and I start driving. I start to think deeply about what I want out of Jiwoo and I's relationship, but also this new exhibition. What was my truest vision for it? I haven't had an eye for art in such a long time. I need a refresher. 

Maybe I'll visit the Louvre and take Jiwoo with me when I do. I called one of my secretaries. "Hello, set up two tickets to the Louvre Museum."

"Oh...hey Yves." A familiar voice purred into my ear. 

My head started to ache. "Who is this?"

"No me recuerdas?" says the voice. "Mi amor, recuerda la noche cuando estabamos bailando debajo las estrellas." (You don't remember me? My love, remember the night we were dancing under the stars)

The poetic one. The one I met with on my last night in Spain. I silently cursed myself. "Que tu haces a mi trabajo?" 

"Te extraño, Yves. Tienes mi corazon. Como pudiste olividar?" (I miss you, Yves. You have my heart. How could you have forgotten?)

"Despues de una noche? Aye." I sighed. I hung up and finally parked in front of my job building. I slammed the door and huffed going up the stairs. I walked into the office which was bustling with employees. There she was, brown hair and hazel eyes. Freckles. Her eyes were glistening with excitement. I instantly regretted all life decisions. I ran my fingers through my hair. I rolled my eyes. "Alright who's the idiot that let the woman in?" 

"Lo siento, Yves-O," Fabio twirled around me. He jingled his beads and piroutted into his cublcle. "She wouldn't let it drop. She said she had stuff for our company." 

"Stuff like what?" I ask, glaring at her. 

"She offered a good investment." Fabio had a sing-song tone in his voice. It was hard to deny him, but I got pissed off. 

"Look, I don't want her here. We already are a multi-million dollar business. We don't need her."

"She wanted dinner." 

"We already ate." 

"Right, we did. Why don't you go out with her? She's quite the charming lady." 

Because I don't want her. I look at her and she's happily talking with one of the employees, casually looking at me from the corner in her eye. I stomp over to her. "What the hell are you doing here?" 

"Just...having a little fun," she replies. "Look, wanna go with me to dinner or no? Your secretary said you were clear for the evening because she filed the last things for you. And....who did you want to go to the Louvre with?" 

"My....uh..." I thought long and hard. "Girlfriend. Yo tengo una novia." 

"Oh," the girl sounds disappointed. I completely forgot her name. What was it...Paula or something? "Well..."

"Yeah." I felt good. Finally, I got her off of my back. I folded my arms. I can tell from the look in her eyes that it didn't stop her. She tried to touch my hands but I moved them away. "No. There's only one for me. Mi unica." 

"Okay and?" She said. "She isn't going to spoil one evening, is she?" 

My jaw tightened. I wasn't going to fall into the trap again. "Please... I can't..." She smiled, holding my hand. "No...no..." 

"Excuse me." 

A sweet voice was there. I turned my head to see Jiwoo. Oh, my god. She knew where I worked. Thank God. The angel was here. I pushed the girl off of me. "Jiwoo!" 

"Didn't she say she had a girlfriend?" Jiwoo asked the girl. 

"Y-ye," the girl sputtered. "Are you...her?" 

Jiwoo stepped into the girl's face. "Damn right." 

The girl turned red and then walked out the building. Jiwoo put her arm on my shoulder. "I come from my school to see you with a tramp?" 

"Listen, Jiwoo-" 

Jiwoo put her finger up to my lip. "We have a long way to go before you can truly call me your girlfriend. Now, give me a ride home. I ran out of money on my transit card."