xxix.paris,france.

Paris En Tu Invierno

Yves.

"But, I wanted to see if there was a chance..." I pause, thinking my words clearly. I hope they wouldn't be too straightforward, but I couldn't help myself. "If we could fall in love again." 

Jiwoo's eyes blinked twice before looking down at her barely drank coffee. I immediately regretted even saying that out loud. I bit my lip, hoping that I didn't step over a boundary. This evening was just filled with a lot of casualness. But, then of course, I had to ruin it with my feelings. I haven't experienced this much intenseness since forever. Maybe, adding a day to that forever. Jiwoo finally perks up like a phone notification that someone finally texted you after like 5 hours. So many long pauses. 

"I mean...it's an interesting proposal," Jiwoo said formally. She takes another slice of pizza. I hope that this meant she got comfortable. "Like I said, it just takes time. The group I went to today told me I should take a little break from relationships." 

"A group?" I ask, curiously. I did remember that she did say that she was going out with her friends for something. "Oh....well...what happened, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Just simple therapy circle. I got to the point where I can comfortably discuss my abuse," Jiwoo says. "I want to be an advocate for it . I would want to tell people who are in my situation that they should leave it immediately. Just run and don't look back. Though I couldn't do that, I should have picked up the signs...." The sun was setting and it got in her eyes. "It's just so many things I could have avoided if I had just watched out." 

I nodded. "I see."

"But, the next relationship I chose to enter has to understand that I have triggers." Jiwoo started finishing up her coffee as a whole. I can see that she enjoyed it. Thank goodness. Truth be told, my barista skills were probably up there with my photography skills. I liked making beverages look pretty and then taking pictures. That was one of my most prettiest portfolios that were not vulgar during my time studying. "And like, I just can't rush into the love thing. I wanna have fun for right now."

"Fun?" I ask. I'm now wondering what Jiwoo's idea of fun would be. 

Jiwoo giggled and her lips. "Me and Fran decided to go on dates with these two guys from our French class." 

I widened my eyes. "Dates? Guys?" 

Jiwoo smirked. "I mean...it's nothing serious." 

"You like guys?" I ask. "Since when?" 

"I always liked guys," Jiwoo replies, smiling. "Well, they're also a part of our therapy circle, too. They wanted to get to know us better, so we're going to the cinema to go see the new Lego movie, then out to dinner on Saturday." 

I tried not to make a scowl, hiding my jealousy. "So, you like both?" 

"I don't really believe in gender," Jiwoo snickered. "Just, if I'm with you, then I'm with you, you know?" 

I nod. "Well...who's the lucky dude?"

Jiwoo smiled to herself. "His name is Nicholas." 

I rolled my eyes, silently gagging to myself. But, then Jiwoo ended up laughing to herself. I got mad. "What?" I stood up,  placing my hands on my hips out of frustration. "What's so funny?" 

Jiwoo couldn't stop laughing at me. I guess she peeped my reaction. "Nothing, it's just that you're so cute when you're jealous." 

"You really going on this date?" I packed up the dirty dishes and the empty pizza box. "You need a ride there or need to get picked up." 

Jiwoo smiled. "Yeah. I'll let you know." 

I bit my lip out of silent anger. "Okay." She kissed my cheek. I pull her wrist. "Yo, what was that for?" 

Jiwoo shrugs and kisses my cheek again. I huff in anger.  Every inch in my body hated how coy she was being. I washed our cups and I heard the shower running. I peeped that she was gone out of the living room. I flopped on the couch to watch whatever was on the tv. I changed it to the news to see that Max was found guilty on all charges they were put on for, except assault and battery because the victim wasn't eligible to press charges.He was to be jailed for  25 to life with 500,000 euros bail. I furrowed my brows. I waited for Jiwoo to come back. 

"You didn't press charges against...him?" I ask. 

"I didn't see a point, plus I don't have a lawyer." 

"You could have asked me." 

"I'm just not interested in it." 

"Look, let's just not discuss it. I wouldn't want to be in a court near him...or say his name. Look, I don't want to say his name or discuss him anymore. Just, drop it." 

I shrug. "Alright." I bit my lip. I look at my phone to text my secretary for me to go see the new Lego movie. Two can play at this game. I'm bringing Emma with me, to make it worse. Jiwoo thinks I'm a player, let her think that. She continues to work on her paper. I saunter to my bedroom, knowing that she could be watching me walk.