14. D-Day

Changes

Sungjong's P.O.V

After a few weeks, the date of the charity program is here. Of course, I convinced both Jangjun and Chaewon to come so they could watch me perform. As I was about to enter, I saw Hoya running in my direction with a little girl with him. 

"You're early," I comment. 

"Of course, I'm one of the committee." Hoya replies. "oh, anyways, meet my sister, Sohee. Sohee-ya, this is Sungjong." He said to both his sister and me. 

"Aww, hello there, Sohee." I smile at her, and she waves at me and notices Chaewon. 

"Oh! Chaewonnie! You're here too!" She exclaims. "let's go and look around! I'm so excited!" 

Chaewon glances at me with her cute puppy eyes. I smile softly at her and nod, letting her hang out with her friend, Sohee. As they explore the venue, Hoya offers to accompany me backstage, which I say yes to. 

"Sure, let's go. But no peeking!" I joke. 

"Hey, I'm no !" He laughs 

The two of us enter the backstage and find everyone preparing themselves. I see the cheer squad already in their outfit, and some are doing their makeup. 

"Sungjong-ah! Hurry, let's change and do your make-up! You're our center, after all!" Kei exclaims as soon as she sees me, dragging me into the changing room.

As soon as we arrived, I changed into my cheerleading outfit and had Mijoo put on my makeup with Kei watching just in case Mijoo messed up. 


Author's P.O.V

Meanwhile, on the other side, backstage, we see Hoya and Myungsoo practicing their dance with the other dance crew and already changing into their costume for the performance. At the gate, there's Sungyeol, in charge of the tickets, and Woohyun, taking pictures of the people coming with his camera. It all went well until Myungsoo secretly opened his bag and he sees a red rose inside it. He's planning on giving it to Sungjong and confessing. 

"I can do this. Time to reveal that I'm Kuro Neko..." He mutters to himself. 

"What are you doing?" Hoya asks. 

"Oh, nothing, just checking if I bring everything," Myungsoo replies. 

After a few minutes, the mc has now announced the lineup for the performance. It will be open with Woolim High school's cheer squad performance, and then there's also a dance performance coming. There are both males and females even combined.

Everyone is listening to this, including Sungjong until suddenly she feels someone dragging her away without her notice. She squirms and screams for help, but no one listens to her, nor does the person even let her scream. 

"H-Help!!" She shouts, but what to avail, the was now put into the changing room, and she hears the lock click just a few minutes before her performance. Sungjong panics because she doesn't have her phone, and she's stuck there. She tries to force open the door, but nothing happens. She looks around, trying to find a window so she can escape, but she finds them too small for her escape. 

Meanwhile, the performance has started. Despite Kei trying to find her, the show must go on. Kei trusts Sungjong enough and knows she won't bail on this performance, but Jiae and Mijoo are forcing her to be on stage since it's their time to shine, or at least Jisoo's time to shine. Kei sighs as she just moves along with the girls. On the sidelines, the boys are confused. 

"Where did Lemon go?" Woohyun asks, who appears beside them.

"I don't know....she can't possibly bail on this, won't she?" Sungyeol adds. 

"She's not like that. I think we should go find her." Myungsoo suggests. 

"Good idea, let's go." Hoya nods. "you guys stay here since you need to capture pictures. The dance performance isn't that long." Hoya said. The two just nod as they stay by the sidelines. 

Hoya and Myungsoo ran as fast as they could to find Sungjong. They went from the whole bazaar to the backstage. They didn't find her until they heard a harsh knock on the door. 

"HELP!! SOMEONE HELP ME!! LET ME OUT!! I NEED TO PERFORM! SOMEONE!!" They hear Sungjong's voice. 

"She's in there!" Hoya exclaims as he runs to the door and tries to open it or kick it open, but it's not opening. Myungsoo observes the place and finds a key on the table. He picks up the key and uses it to open the door. Luckily, it's the right key, and he succeeds in opening the door. As soon as the door is opened, the two boys are crashed by Sungjong, who knocks on the door, and she ends up on top of Myungsoo, who just laughs at her clumsiness. 

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" Sungjong gasps. 

"Huh, guess you are a damsel in distress." Myungsoo jokes as he pats Sungjong's head. 

"I tried to escape, but there are no windows..." Sungjong pouts. 

"Well, let's get into the second performance, shall we? Tell me and Bangkok city I can't stop~" Hoya tries to cheer her up.

"Oh yeah, my dance performance..." Sungjong trails out as Hoya helps her up. Myungsoo stands up on his own, and the three of them move to the dance section, with Sungjong bringing her backpack that has her clothes in it. 

"I think you'll be more save with us." Myungsoo said. "go and change. We'll be here." 

"O-Okay..." Sungjong stutters shyly, which is surprising for the boys. 

As she changes, Myungsoo and Hoya observe the stage, and they can obviously tell Jisoo, and her friends are enjoying every second of this. Sabotaging their second center already crossed the line. Myungsoo sighs as he returns to the changing room to wait for Sungjong. After a few minutes, Sungjong finally appears with a white shirt, a flannel wrapped around her waist, and jeans. Her hair is still pulled up into a ponytail, and Myungsoo can't help but stare. 

"Wha-what? Do I look weird?" Sungjong asks, getting cautious.

"N-no! It's perfect! You're perfect, I mean-" Myungsoo stutters as Sungjong giggles at Myungsoo being a stuttering mess. 

"Since when are you a stuttering mess?" She jokes. 

"I'm not!" Myungsoo denies. 

Sungjong could see a tint of pink on his cheeks, causing her to smile due to his sudden cuteness. 


After the cheers performance, Kei searches the whole place and finds Sungjong's backpack missing. 

"Where did she go...?" Kei questions confusedly. 

"Huh, guess she bailed," Mijoo said. 

"She did not! She's not like that!" Kei shouts. "I know it's your doings. All four of you, and when I found out you're all dead!" Kei continues. She then huffs and goes to the other side of the stage and finds Sungjong talking with Myungsoo and Hoya. 

"Eonnie!" Kei exclaims. "where did you go? I was so worried. We even have a sudden change into the old choreography, and...Jisoo seems to enjoy every second of it..." she rants out. 

"I think one of them lock her up in the changing room. I found the key lying around on the table." Myungsoo said. 

"They did?!" Kei gasps. "How could they do this?! I mean, it's already fair enough to have double pyramids!"

The boys turn silent as Kei continues to rant at how unfair this is until they hear the mc announcing it's time for the dance performance. 

"You two stay here with Sungyeol and Woohyun, let's not have another sabotage from them," Hoya said. 

"Will do, Oppa!" Kei replies. 

As they went up to the stage, Sungjong accompanied Kei to change into her tell-me costume, which is a colorful sleeveless turtle neck and denim shorts. After a few minutes, Kei shows up with her tell-me outfit. 

"How do I look?" Kei asks, twirling around. 

"Perfect." Sungjong replies. "let's go and prepare ourselves." 

Back on the stage, the boys are performing it smoothly. They can hear the girls cheering for them. I mean, who wouldn't? There are two handsome guys in that dance group, and they dance pretty well! A few minutes have passed, and the music stops, telling them the performance has ended. The mc tells Hoya to introduce the event, and he does. 

"Hey, everyone. I'm Hoya, one of the committees of this event. This event is actually a fundraising program, as you know. It's to give charity to the ones who can attend school and learn sports properly. So because I love sports and want them to get the education they deserve, I open this charity program. I hope you buy the snacks at the bazaar too! Your money can help lots and lots of people. Thank you for attending this event, everyone!" Hoya said

With that, more cheers and claps can be heard from the crowd, including Sohee cheering like crazy. 

"THAT'S MY OPPA, GUYS! OPPA, YOU'RE AMAZING!!" She shouts in hopes her brother hears her. 

Finally, Sungjong can perform on stage with Kei and then with Myungsoo and Sungyeol. Everything goes well for her, especially these two performances. Because everyone has worked hard on it, and she's so happy everything worked out despite being sabotaged by Jisoo and her friends. But the Bangkok city performance doesn't amuse Myungsoo any bit because, in one of the performance, Sungjong teasingly decide to lift a bit of her shirt, causing Myungsoo almost stumble, but that's for another story. 


After their performance is finished, they all celebrate their success by counting the earned money backstage. Overall they collect around 100000 won, which is a lot and can help the students with their school. Hoya was relieved and thanked everyone, and as his thank you present, he ordered a pizza for them to celebrate. 

"Here, I ordered pizza for you guys." He said as he put three stacks of pizza on the table, causing the others to gasp. 

"All from your money?!" Jiae gasps. 

"Of course. It's to thank you guys for helping me," Hoya answers with a smile. 

"Lee Howon, you're awesome!" Exclaimed Yein as she reached for a slice. 

"Hoya, best boy, we been known," Mijoo adds.

"For once, I agree," Kei says. 

"Gotta agree with Mijoo! You're the best, man!" Sungyeol exclaims. 

"And you got my favorite flavor! Man, I love you so much!" Woohyun exclaims, literally jumping to Hoya, causing them to laugh, enjoying Hoya's struggle to get Woohyun off. 

"Hyung, get off...please?" He pleads, still struggling to get Woohyun off because this man is HEAVY. 

"Okay, Hyung, that's enough. Mercy on him." Myungsoo intervenes as Woohyun pouts and gets off Hoya. 

"Thank you for the pizza, Hoya," Sungjong says. 

"You're most welcome, plus you slayed the whole performance! It's awesome!" Hoya replies. 

"Oooh, playing favorites, are we?" Kei teases. 

"Of course not. You ladies did a great job too!" Hoya denies it with a laugh. 

"Oooh, your face is reddening~" Mijoo teases. "Hoya has a crush on Sungjong~" 

"Of course not!" Hoya and Myungsoo exclaim in unison, earning a confused look from everybody. 

"Why are you denying it too?" Jiae confusedly asks. 

"I'm backing him up. He doesn't like her, yeah. See, I'm such a good BRO." Myungsoo replies before reaching for his slice. "Ew, you like pineapples on pizza, Hyung?!"

"Hey! They're good, okay?!" Woohyun offendedly exclaims. 

"Nah, they !" Jisoo exclaims. "Myungsoo, if you don't like them, you can just give them to the others, Sungjong, for example." She continues intending to torture Sungjong. 

"Yeah, why not. Pineapples on pizza ain't that bad." Sungjong says, offering her plate. "Put them here, spoiled brat." 

Myungsoo stared at her offendedly but still did it anyways as the blonde girl smirked, "And I'm no spoiled brat." 

"You are," Sungjong replies with a smile. 

"On the bright side, at least we slayed our performance despite our supposed center getting locked up for some reason," Kei says with a smirk. 

"You got locked up?!" Yein gasps. 

"Sort of, but it's probably because I'm careless," Sungjong says. 

"Or you fell asleep in the changing room and denied things." Jisoo mocks. 

"She is clearly locked up there. I found a key lying around the table on the ladies backstage," Myungsoo says, denying all Jisoo's words. "I have no idea who did it, but whoever does it, they're the biggest assshole in this group." 

Jisoo's eyes widen at Myungsoo's words but force a smile, agreeing to him before glaring at Sungjong, who eats her pizza peacefully. 

After eating pizza, Myungsoo suddenly drags Jisoo out to talk to her personally, causing Jisoo's friend group to , but Sungjong, Kei, Sungyeol, and Woohyun watch confusedly. They sometimes wonder why Myungsoo has to make such a scene for some things. 

Once they're out, Jisoo expects Myungsoo to confess to her and ask her to be his girlfriend, but the words that come out of his mouth shock her, "Why did you do it?" 

"What are you talking about? I don't know what you're talking about, Myungsoo." She starts coyly. 

"Why did you lock Sungjong up?! She's supposed to be the center!" Myungsoo replies, still cold as ever, yet louder. 

"No, I didn't! Where did you get that idea?! I didn't even know she was locked up!" Jisoo denies it again. 

"Just tell me honestly. If it's because she's close to me, don't blame it on her. Blame it on me. If it's because she's now the center and you're not improving yourself instead of sabotaging her." Myungsoo says. "But you know what? Why am I even telling this to you? You should've known this yourself, but you sabotage her every time. You're a horrible person Jisoo, and I still can't believe my friend group still hung out with yours." 

Jisoo's eyes widened again as Myungsoo left her right there. Her eyes slowly teared up as she slid down the wall, trying to calm herself from those harsh words her crush had just told her. Whatever is happening to Myungsoo, she still blames it on Sungjong. That new girl clearly seduced her crush to be wrapped around her finger when they met each other during that festival. She will do anything to eliminate Sungjong and finally have Myungsoo all to herself. No one will stop her, not even Myungsoo himself. If she can't have Myungsoo, why should others have him?  


A/n: I know that "Gender-bend/ gender-switch" fanfic seems off and all (at least that's what I heard from tiktok), but I did this because I want to, and writing like this makes me happy. So it's okay if you guys dislike my writing and feel that I treat Sungjong like y/n or someone weak, which I did not because she slayed this whole time despite her act of kindness so, trust me, a gender-switch/gender-bend fanfic is cool as long as it is written properly. That is all, I hope you guys enjoy my comeback, and I'll see you guys soon <3