Hurtful Dream

Ouija Suju

“Woah. Hyung, you look like crap. Can’t sleep?” Shindong saw Yesung were sitting on his bed with his heavy eye bag.

He look up to find Shindong looking at him with worried face. “Emm… I feel pain everywhere… my head’s hurt..” said Yesung while groaning between his words. 

Yesung pulled of his shirt to change into a fresh one but Shindong stopping him half way.

“yah hyung! Your back look worst! Did Kyuhyun manage to scratch you last night?” said Shindong frantically.

“Scratch? Ky---”

“Hyung?” Shindong ask when Yesung all of sudden stop talking.

Few minutes past then Yesung look at him. “Yeah. I forgot to tell you… now I remember. Can you put ointment for me?” said him,smiling softly to the younger.

Shindong were weird out by Yesung reaction but went to the living room anyway to fetch an ointment. The scratch went from his shoulder blade to his waist,enough to make the younger worried to death.

“Wow,that’s a big scratch!” said Donghae curiously who following Shindong into Yesung’s room. Donghae word enough to alarm Kyuhyun who were walking towards the kitchen.

He curiously peeking through the door and saw Yesung’s bruise neck. He went into the room much to alarm Yesung who shocked to see him there.

“Sorry hyung… I didn’t know what happen… sorry.” mumble Kyuhyun while looking at all the bruises Yesung had.

Yesung saw how sorry the younger is and soften his expression. He ruffled the younger hair and smiles at him. “It’s okay. You not yourself. Let’s go breakfast, we finished right,Shindong?”

Shindong nod at the older and put off the ointment away to join them at the breakfast.

Breakfast was awkward with Yesung trying his hard not to wincing from his pain. The other look at him with pity, they were glad that the older had the day off but they know one day weren’t enough for him to heal one night.

Kyuhyun keep muttering his apologize timidly whenever Yesung groaning but were comforted by Leeteuk who sit next to him. 

Once they finish eating Leeteuk send Eunhyuk who half conscious abut his surrounding and Yesung to the top floor. Kyuhyun who begin to feel better when to the living room to watch the television with Siwon.

He look at the older once in a few minute. He was hesitate to tell about his dream but he know Siwon will listen to him no matter what.

“Hyung.. can I tell you something?”

“Yeah? What is it?”

“Hyung, last night I dream about something. In that dream I was someone else and I was holding onto someone while crying. You remember the name that were mention that night?”

“Woo something and Gain.. I think its--”

“Ga-in. It was a girl…”

“You dream about her? So she possessed you?!”

“I don’t think it was her. Because as I said I was someone else and hold onto her. She’s dead as I was crying and scream, calling her as ‘dear’(yeobo) I don’t know what to do…”

“Hemm… does that mean ga-in is a wife and possibly… you were the husband in that dream... wait is it okay you to say this? What if..”

“I think it’s okay. I feel more me now. For some reason after few days of feeling worst, I’m feeling the best today. You guys believe it wasn’t me attacking Yesung-hyung right?”

“Of course! We have been watching over you and Eunhyuk this past week. Glad Kangin help yesterday. But you really don’t remember a thing?”

Kyuhyun shake his head as an answer. They resume to watch the show in silence afterward.

In the dorm12, Eunhyuk were in his daydreaming state playing with Heechul’s cat Heebum when all of sudden the cat hissing at him. Yesung heard the cat from the kitchen while he’s busying fixing Eunhyuk a simple lunch given that he can’t cook much.

After finishing cooking a ramen for the younger, he pull the younger to the dining table and let Eunhyuk eat. He can feel the sleep getting to him after a terrible night of trying to sleep with pained body and a dream where he can’t remember a thing.

He glance at Eunhyuk who still eating and decide to take a nap at the couch for a while with an alarm set to 1 hour from now.


He’s dreaming. It was dark and suffocating. He try to move but he realize he was on the floor, hand full of horrible fresh slashed scar. He can hear himself panting in pain, but he realize his voice are way too off for a man voice.

“oppa… stop..”

His voice sound so pitiful and scared. He felt his body were dragged across the floor, blood were traced from his injured body.

“You one naughty pet.”

The voice spitting a painful venom to his ear. He know he was now in a woman’s dream and he was no where near the word ‘safe’ from the man who keep dragging him by his hair.

“Ga-in is one naughty pet that need to be punish.”

His body shivered greatly when a knife move along his skin, shredded it open as if he was a piece of meat.

He plead, again and again but the pain was too real for him. He want to escape the abyss but he couldn’t till he felt his body were shaken by someone. He tried to reach for the voice but the cry from his mouth were burying the sound around him.

“Stop!!! I promise I’ll be good!”

‘No… stop… stop hurting her.. stop hurting me..’

“Yesung-hyung!!!”

A shouts manage to awake him from his gory dream. He look up from his position to find Siwon and Eunhyuk look at him with a frown. He saw Kyuhyun standing a little far from them.

He tried to sit but he can feel his body too in pain to even move. “What happen? Eunhyuk? Are you okay now?” ask him after he realize the younger are focusing on him now. Siwon rolled his eyes hearing the older worried about other when he was the one who in the worried state.

“Yeah, your alarm are so loud but you didn’t even woke up. Are you okay? You screaming just now…” said Eunhyuk worriedly with tears in his eyes. He was in his dazing state when an alarm woke him up right away. When he went to the older, the older were screaming and crying in his sleep so he had to called Siwon to help him.

With Siwon help, he manage to sit up. He look at his arm were clean from any slash. ‘It felt so real…’ thought him in relief, he had to think everything was real when he was having a hard time to wake up just now..

“You should rest hyung. Let me take care of them. Kyuhyun, why you standing there?” said Siwon, Kyuhyun didn’t even move from his spot the moment he saw Yesung trashing around in his sleep.

Kyuhyun walk slowly and take a sit next to Yesung.

“nah.. I don’t want to sleep. It was terrible.” said Yesung then groaned when he felt his head throbbing again.

Kyuhyun look at the older in sympathy when the older groaned. “Hyu..hyung. I heard you said ‘don’t hurt her’. what do you mean by that?” ask him. 

Yesung look at him in disbelieve. “You heard it? Did I scream everything?”. All of them nodding at him. He look at his hand on his lap, it was still shaking from the shock.

“I.. I dream about a woman being tortured and she keep screaming for the torturer to stop. I felt the pain she felt at that time so I plead for it to stop.”

Siwon and Kyuhyun exchange their look. “Hyung, did you hear any name or how they call each other?” Siwon ask as he making sure the older story.

“Em.. she’s a.. I think the torturer called her as if she’s his pet… Ga-in. He said Ga-in is a naughty pet so he had to punish her. Urghh it felt so real…” Yesung rubbing his face aggressively, feeling tired by the heavy dream.

Kyuhyun widen eye at Yesung’s dream. Though it was different from his, the name was the evidence. He realize they’ve been dreaming the same person but in different point of view.

Siwon quickly told the incident to the worried leader who asking him to keep reporting him everything. Soon the door to the dorm sounded, Heechul had come home from his schedule early.

Heechul saw the younger look too deep in their own world and didn’t realize he was home.

“Yah kids. I’m home. What with the long faces?”

Eunhyuk saw the older and pulled him to sit next Yesung. Siwon inform everything that had happen so far, much to his pleased Heechul believe everything and look worried.

***************************************

That evening, they gathered again in the dorm12 to pile in everything. After making sure all were inform, Leeteuk begin to interrogate the most affected member one by one.

“Yesung-ah. When the dream start?” Leeteuk ask Yesung once they were alone in Leeteuk’s room. Siwon insist on staying with the older so he was stand by the door just in case something happen.

“Emm… last night I think… But I don’t remember last night dream. All I know was that I’m hurt everywhere. After this noon dream, I felt more hurt and pained everywhere… d..do you think I was possessed too?” said Yesung timidly, fiddling his fingers in nervous.

“We don’t know that yet. It was only a dream so far. We not sure about having another spirit or what. It was Kyuhyun we confirm to be possessed but it’s seems like you two dream about the same person but different scenery. Can you tell everything you see in the dream?”

Yesung begin to tell every inch of the dream he can make out while Leeteuk listen to him without cutting him off. Siwon cringing at the pain Yesung were describing taht happen to the poor woman in his dream.

“That’s terrible. No human should feel that way… but why it’s feel like Yesung-hyung is in the woman name Ga-in dream and Kyuhyun in her husband dream? Was it her husband who the one who torture her? Was it the reason why Kyuhyun attacked yesung-hyung last night?” said Siwon, putting his theory about the whole deal.

“Husband? How do you know he’s the husband?” said Leeteuk. Yesung were also curious as the man he saw in the dream doesn’t sound or seems like a husband to the woman. ‘Might be a sadistic husband’  

“Kyuhyun said the man were holding the woman while saying dear so many time as he was crying. He too said that the guy emotion affecting him in some way where he felt genuinely sad for the woman.” said Siwon.

Leeteuk only nod in agree but Yesung thought the otherwise after hearing Siwon. The man he saw was no husband to him. It was different attitude from the torturer act who seems emotionless toward the woman.

“Okay. We really need to do a research. Yesung, you think you can go to schedule tomorrow? If not I talk to manager.” said Leeteuk.

“No, it’s okay. I’m fine now.”  

They dismiss as Leeteuk sking for Kyuhyun to come for his turn. As they passed each other, Kyuhyun feel something bad inside him, as if he was pitying over the older which he didn’t even know why he feel that way.

“Sit Kyuhyun.” order Leeteuk softly. Their conversation went on for a few minutes until it was Eunhyuk time to be interrogate.

Yesung were waiting with the others in the living room as Leeteuk doing his work. All were too distracted with what just happen to Yesung as none of them were getting into any conversation. 

It was 15 minutes later that Leeteuk finish with his interrogation. Siwon follow him together with Eunhyuk to the living room. Leeteuk stand up in front of the member with what it seems like an energy deprived face, probably from all the thing that had happen to his dear family.

“So how was it hyung?” ask Ryeowook curiously,eyes where sparkling, too curious to know what had happen to his hyung and dongseng. 

Leeteuk shaking his head to the younger. “I’ll set up time and date for them to go meet the spiritual person or a shaman in this case. I don’t know if we gonna invite the person here or we go to their place. But in the meantime, I’ll assign the members that will always be with these three. I don’t want you guys to be alone until this thing go away.” said Leeteuk.

“So? Who’s with who? We just gonna accept that this is really a spirit work?” ask Heechul.

Leeteuk nodding and looking around to look for a candidate for the haunted three. Then Kangin remember the maknae aggressive behavior that ha happen the day before.

“Hyung, what about the person that paired with Kyuhyun? Doesn’t he… no offense Kyu, but you know what I mean.” Kangin rubbing his nape in nervous, afraid of offending the younger one. Kyuhyun only smile sheepishly,he felt more guilty after reminding Yesung’s purple neck.

“Of course it’s you.” Kangin was about to protest when the leader continue again. “Look around you, do you see anyone strong enough to stop him if he done it again? No offense,Kyu. But he need you Kangin.”Leeteuk gaze turn soft for the younger. He wish he was strong enough to help the maknae but the younger physique are too big for him to even fight back.

Kangin nod in defeat and continue to listen to the leader. Yesung was paired with Heechul who first were nagging about having to babysit the rabid dog. 

“You don’t have to babysit him. I just want you to sleep in his room as a precaution. Just in case if he was having another bad dream because aside from him, you are one of the light sleeper too. At least you can inform me right away if it does happen.”

“Why not me hyung?” ask Ryeowook as he was once Yesung roommate and he wouldn’t mind to be one again.

“No, you already help us a lot with the breakfast and around the house. Let this guys do something at least other than lazing around. For Eunhyuk, we don’t need someone when it was sleeping time because he had Donghae as roommate. He only in the daydreaming state once in while. We only have to watch him over when he with us.”

All were agreeing with the leader without more protesting. Everyone have their own role in the case. Siwon and Kangin will be guarding more around Kyuhyun, Heechul and Ryeowook will took their shift to supervise Yesung during his time in the dorm. Lastly, everyone where watching over Eunhyuk everywhere they’ll go.

“Okay,that’s that. We have SuperShow in few days more so we need to be more alert for them. Remember this happen because we all agreeing in playing that stupid game. Except Yesung. I’m so sorry Yesung-ah.” Leeteuk felt guilt rushing in him. He know all weren’t supposed to happen if he stopping the younger sooner.

“No,it’s okay hyung. If it didn’t happen to me, I wouldn’t know ghost exist. Right, maknae-ah?” Yesung playfully put his arm around Kyuhyun’s shoulder while smirking evilly to jab on the maknae who already feeling guilty for him.

Others only laughing softly watching how Yesung willing to forgive them. Kyuhyun smile sheepishly and poke at the older sensitive waist, earning a yelp from Yesung. 

After playing around and chatting like they usually does, they all went to their own room except Heechul who will be staying in Yesung’s room from the day onward. With the help of the others, they manage to put another bed in Yesung’s room for Heechul.

Heechul settle in with Heebum playing on his bed. He look at the exhausted younger who thrown himself on the bed. Heechul know the younger were disturbed by the dream, judging from the weary face Yesung had.

“Are you okay? Is the dream that bad?” ask Heechul unconsciously.

Yesung look at the older who resting against the wall on his bed. “You have no idea, Heebongie. It was so bad. The scream. The blood. The pain. I feel all those thing happen as if it was me who got tortured. I think I want to do research about this woman. I bet her death were famous one if it was ever on the news.”

“Well, let they do that. You need to sleep more. Instead of turtle, we should call you panda with that eyes. Now sleep. I’ll turn off the light.” said Heechul while walking towards the switch.

Yesung only nod as he slip into his blanket. It’s started to rain outside as the night start getting cold. Feeling a cold breeze accompanying him, he drove off into another dreamland.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: if anyone was wondering why everyone accept thing the way they are easily is because they all presence at that night and saw everything. Just wanna throw that out there lol.