Believe Disbelieve

Ouija Suju

“ I don’t believe they exist at all.” all were gasping at the words that flows from his mouth smoothly. He saw how his dongsengs look at him as if he had grow another head. “what?”

“Nothing, it just I thought that hyung would be the person who will be into this the most.” said one his dongseng.

“I’m not you,Hae.” said him coldly, he felt insulted a little bit. He indeed being the famous idol who emitting the weird and dark vibe but not even once he believe in the main topic of their today conversation.

Donghae shrugged the older off. He admit himself in believing something as superstitious as in the existent of a ghost itself. But not Yesung, he never once in his live believe in superstitious.

“Well that’s because you never meet one. How about tonight we summon one?”said Kyuhyun with his famous evil smirk. The other were scooting away from sitting near the maknae.

At that moment, the leader walk in to their dorm11 after coming back from his schedule. Siwon who saw the older quickly went to greet the older.

“Are you hungry hyung?” ask him, the older shake his head off, he had a late lunch with the staff right before he come home. Siwon smiles and went back to the hot topic between the members.

Leeteuk curiously walk over to his dongsengs when he saw how Yesung was going off with a debating topic.

“What are you guys talking bout?” Leeteuk ask them after they were way into the discussion.

“Hyung! Let’s go ghost hunting tonight!” said Eunhyuk happily, getting a snorted from few of the members, it was no secret how scaredy cat he can be even by watching scary movie.

“Why.. how you guys get into this topic?” ask the leader to the younger.

Kyuhyun walk over to Yesung who sitting on the couch and resting his hand over the older shoulder casually. “Well this hyung didn’t believe in ghost and we need to fix it. Right,Yesungie?”

Yesung proceed in hitting the younger and swat off the hand that resting comfortably on his shoulder. “That’s because it doesn’t exist. You guys are too naive to believe those movies you guys had been watching.” said Yesung annoyed.

“It was your collection hyung…” muttered Donghae in whisper but Yesung ear are too sensitive to let it by pass.

“Okay, so where and when you guys wanna do it?” ask Leeteuk, earning a whined from Yesung who not believing the older were agreeing to the younger. “Sorry but it was way too interesting.”

“Suit yourself. I won’t participate.” said Yesung shrugging them off and continue to focus on his phone.

“Chicken out too soon hyung.” a voice come from the kitchen. Kangin who actually already come home few minutes ago and heard all their conversation.

Yesung glare at Kangin lazily. “Nah, I don’t want to waste my time on something stupid.” reply Yesung casually, not letting the anger getting to him easily.

“Yeah,he’s scare. Don’t worry, it won’t take too long. After dance practice tonight we will go to this building lowest basement. I heard it was the most haunted place so far.” said Kyuhyun.

Yesung just ignoring them but he knows he can’t run from them being that they will ride in the same vehicles after the practice. 

“That’s decided, we will inform the others before dance practice tonight. Ahhh I’m hungry. Hyung cook for me.” whine Eunhyuk to the leader. 

It was only he, Siwon, Donghae, Yesung ,Kyuhyun and the two newly finished schedule members were at the dorm now. The usual chef in the dorm, RYeowook and Sungmin were still at their schedule. Shindong were at his parent house at the moment and Heechul were no where to be found.

**********************************************

“So what this ghost hunting I heard from Leeteuk?” ask Heechul after all of them were getting ready for the dance practice.

All were gathering in the dance room half an hour early for their discussion about their activity that night. The dance coach weren’t there yet much to their liking as they didn’t want anyone to heard their stupid idea.

“We want to prove to a certain turtle that ghost exist.” said Kangin casually. The said turtle pouting  upon hearing the topic were still bring up,thought he know the members will not stop messing around  with him in possibly a week from now.

Leeteuk chuckled watching the said turtle were sulking at the corner of the room. “Enough with Yesung. I know you not a believer too Kangin. You just want to play around right.” glaring at the racoon looking donseng.

Kyuhyun begin to tell about their plan in ‘catching’ ghost after they finish with their last schedule that day. Some weren’t agreeing at first but thinking it will be only for fun, they decide to support the maknae idea. Yesung still refuse in joining them but he know well how at the end he will be dragged by them.

“So we will use the most haunted board game. Ouija board!” shouts Eunhyuk while waving the board in the air.

“Tskk, cliche tool.” said Heechul ,rolling his eyes at the younger. Kyuhyun smirked at him and throw a snarky comment. “Well I didn’t want to make a full summon ritual using a real baby, so just use this thing. Who knows if it work or not.”

“Okay,coach here. Let’s practice and discuss after this.”said the leader, pulling some of the lazy members to the front room.

**********************************************

In the middle of rest time from the practice, Sungmin approaching Yesung who were actually still sulking about the whole thing. He passing a bottle of drink to the older and smile sheepishly.

“Cheer up hyung. They just playing around. I’m actually scared to join them but Siwon will prepare something just in case the ghost disturb us.” said Sungmin, trying to make the older laugh but only another pout were given to him.

“There will be no ghost. I don’t trust them.” said Yesung, taking the bottle and begin to sip it.

Sungmin sighing at the older, he thought the older might want to mess around with the younger despite his belief but somehow it's become a sensitive issues for Yesung. “Then what you believe in hyung?” ask him to Yesung once the older finish drinking.

Yesung were thinking about the thing he actually believe in but he didn’t want to scare the younger. “You know. The reason why I don’t believe in ghost is because ghost is a stray soul as people were saying,right? I believe that soul would go either to heaven or hell so it’s impossible if they were still lingering around at earth. The only thing I believe aside from God is angel and demon.”

Sungmin were surprise by the logic in Yesung’s word. He touch the older forehead but quickly swatted off by the older who unpleasant by the touch and insult.

“Well, what if ghost really does exist and it was because they still have regret that bound them here?” all of sudden Siwon who had been listening to them butting in their conversation.

Yesung were silenced by the Siwon’s word. He never think that way before and now he hesitant to believe. “Nope. Till I see one, I won’t believe in them.”

Siwon shrug his shoulder hearing his hard headed hyung who refuse to listen to them. Sungmin know Yesung almost believe it so he keep looking at the older confused face and grinning.

“Kids, let’s continue!” shouts the leader.

Right before Yesung walk to the centre of the room, Sungmin whispered something in his ears  that make him shivered down his spine. 

“They said ghost favorite is those who too brave and too weak.”


*****************************************************

It was the time for them to go back home to their dorm but after arriving there,instead of riding the lift up, their were going down to the lowest basement the building had. After making sure the members were agreeing in joining it except from Yesung who weren’t asked his opinion as all happen due to himself. He was literally dragged by Kangin and Kyuhyun.

They arrive at the basement, due to the many level of the basement no one ever use the lowest floor. It was dark and dimmed but the members already prepare everything they need. 

After choosing the best spot a.k.a the corner of the basement to start the game, they were arranging the position of everyone who will be the one that joining the actual game as they were too many to even hold onto the piece itself.

It was settle that Yesung who obviously forced to join, Donghae, Leeteuk, Kangin, Kyuhyun and Sungmin. Eunhyuk were insisting of joining the group but were brushed off by the leader as he said ‘You are the most scaredy cat here so don’t even think about it’. Same thing goes to Ryeowook who actually were more daring than Eunhyuk but the leader were too deep in his parental mood.

Sungmin were actually about to refuse in joining them but watching how pity Yesung were right now, he join in just to accompany the older.

He hate it. Yesung was placed right in front of the board while those who join were either on his left or right side. Siwon, Shindong, Ryeowook Eunhyuk and Heechul who no one dare to force him join, were gathering around them as a protection.

Heechul being the only atheist there were chuckling looking at Siwon who prepare his religious stuff for emergency.

“Now let’s start. Put your finger on the planchette and focus. We will ask question right away but remember, never once you lift off your finger. No matter how scared you are.” said Kyuhyun, glancing at Yesung to tease the older. Yesung only shrugged him off and put his finger right away.

Kyuhyun choosing himself to be the one who will be asking the question that already been collected from the members. After everyone place their finger on the planchette, Kyuhyun starts his ritual.

As he was asking the question, the light far from the their spot were flickering open, the player who join the game weren’t realize anything that happen around them except for those who were gathering around.

“Si..Siwon-ah..” Eunhyuk were clinging on Siwon by now. The air suddenly turn cold and eerie, giving a goosebumps to them.

By that moment Kyuhyun begin to ask the actual question. He was actually controlling the planchette at first which was busted by Yesung who feel his finger were dragged by the planchette.

“If you here, please show our friend how real you are.” said Kyunyun smirking when Yesung look at him angrily.

“Yah, don’t provoke it using Yesung!” Leeteuk told off Kyuhyun when he saw how uncomfortable Yesung became.

The planchette begin to move towards ‘Yes’. Kyuhyun become more pale than he usual does. He look around the player to search any mischievous expression but even Kangin were surprised by it.

“Tell us your name.” ask Kyuhyun, braving himself. He was actually weren’t all serious in playing the game as he want to tease Yesung.

Yesung who were to absorb in the game read the word choosen out loud.

“ W”

“O”

“O”

“J”

Yesung was about to get the next letter when the planchette vibrating and move to a ‘No’. surprised by it but none of them said thing. Yesung begin to read it out loud again one it start to mive again.

“G”

“A”

“I”

“N”

“Nice name you choose there,Kyuhyun” said Yesung coldly. He didn’t feel the same as the other, instead his face shows a rather boring expression.

“No I did not do that!” shouts Kyuhyun, defending himself. He actually become more scares by the moment the planchette changes it direction.

Leeteuk shivering at the thought the planchette actually change the name. “Why it spell a different name the second time? Kyuhyun, faster. Ask the next one and finish this.” said Leeteuk impatiently.

“Ah, yes… ho..how did you die.” Kyuhun can’t believe himself he was stuttering his word.

Shindong become more fidgeting as he felt a cold breeze right on his side. He look around and saw no window as it was the lowest basement which located underground. He look at Siwon who all of sudden muttering silently, knowing the younger started his chant he just keep It to himself.

Eunhyuk and Ryeowook were clinging to each other after the light keep flickering but the player still didn’t realize the change. Ryeowook listen to all the conversation from the members who joining and heard the name. He become more scared as he can sense something bad coming on their way.

Heechul only chuckled when he heard Yesung become annoying when he thought kyuhyun still playing with him. ‘that’s my rabid dog’ thought him.

The planchette start to move again. This time Sungmin read it out loud.

“K..I.. L..L..E..D” he gasped right away but still not pulling his finger away remembering the maknae warning.

“That’s cliche,maknae.” said Heechul grinning at Kyuhyun. Yesung turn his head and smile at Heechul in agreement.

“Again, I didn’t do it. I---” Kyuhyun can feel his hair standing up after a cold breeze brushing his cheeks. He stop talking right away and look at the leader in frighten.

“Yah, don’t play around!” shouts Kangin angrily, he begin to hate the idea of teasing his band mate. All he want now is to stop.

Leeteuk know all of them want to stop now so he tried to move the plachette to the ‘Goodbye’ word but his finger were stuck.

“Yah, move now!” said him but none of the members weren’t able to move their fingers.

Yesung believe it was Kangin who use his force to pin the planchette so he can scared him, or so he thought. “yah,Kangin. Stop. I need to feed Ddangkkoma now.”

“ I didn’t! we didn’t do any of this! Gosh, my fingers stuck!” Kangin begin to feel irritated and he willing to left the game but as he said, not just his finger were stuck. The others weren’t able to pulled off from the game.

“Wait. I’ll give you holy water.” said Siwon, pulling out a small tube from his jacket.

“Where did you get that?” ask the atheist curiously.

Siwon was about to come to them but all of sudden a strong wind blowing everything away. The player were finally able to pull off but were thrown back by the strong wind. The members were helping to catch the thrown members.

“yah! Why you guys leave me!” yesung shouts. Weird enough he was the only who weren’t affected by the wind.

Leeteuk’s eye widen at the younger who were still at the board game. All of them were already backing up away in frightening and clinging to each other.

“Hyung! Do the goodbye now!” shouts Kyuhyun worried at Yesung who the only were seems stuck at the game.

“Uh goodbye? But… my fingers can’t move…” he become more frantic, realizing the situation actually worsen. He can feel the cold breeze the same way as kyuhyun felt just now.

All of sudden the planchette begin to move again. “Hyung! Help me!” shouts Yesung when the planchette begin to move towards the ‘No’.

Leeteuk and Siwon were about to run towards him when the light were blown off including the flashlight.

“Arghh!!!”

They heard a scream came from Yesung but it was too dark to even walk forward without bumping into each other. Few minutes past and no sounds came from Yesung’s direction.

“Yesung-ah!! are you okay.” shouts Kangin,trying to get any answer when the silence that come after the scream were keeping them worried at their member.

“Goobye”

The light begin to light up again and they saw Yesung were still at the board game and hunched forward,much to their dislike.

Kangin push Kyuhyun to check on the possibly unconscious Yesung who seem to not replying Leeteuk’s call. After keep pushing each other around, Siwon offered himself to check on the older.

All were waiting when Siwon walk slowly to Yesung,even the stone cold Heechul begin too worried and scares by the eerie silent. The more step he takes, the tighter his clench on the holy water tube.

He touch the older shoulders and pull him back. As he was about to look on Yesung face, Yesung’s hand begin to touch his hand that were on Yesung’s shoulder. ‘Cold’ he thought. 

“Bwaaaaahhh!!!!” shouts Yesung loudly, sending Siwon who were surprised by it fall on to the ground.

“Ahahaha!! sorry Siwon-ah. I want Kyuhyun to come to me and scare him but you had to come. Are you okay?” Yesung eyes were tear up from laughing off Siwon’s reaction. He standing up and help the younger who literally fall on his .

“Aish hyung, you scare us. Are you okay?” ask Siwon. The others become relief  once the saw Yesung were all alright and come gather round Yesung and Siwon.

“Yeah. I manage to say goodbye and end it. Sorry to scare you guys but served it, you guys forcing me to play and run away like a coward.” said Yesung with a smirk while crossing his hand around.

The other only smile sheepishly but Kangin weren’t agreeing. “We weren’t running away,Yesung. We literally were thrown off away. You didn’t feel the strong force just now?”

Yesung shaking his head and begin to fold of the game board and clean up. The others were looking at each other confused. Sungmin saw the maknae become quiet and pale.

“Kyu? Are you okay? I think we should go back now.” said Sungmin while shaking the younger. Kyuhyun only nod but he keep staring at Yesung intensely.

All were going back but some of them weren’t letting off each other, too scare to even do so. As they bid each other a goodbye, they went to their respective dorm.

 

'Ah... Live. Finally… you’ll help me right?’

“Ye--yes…Ga-in”