The Kiss

searching for that broken moon's other half

 

 

Chanyeol knew that he was playing with fire by coming to Baekhyun’s office. He had promised himself that he would let Baekhyun cool down and think about his offer. He had done exactly that, not bothering him for a week, although he still called Baekhyun’s secretary to ask about him every day.

Chanyeol was pathetic. He knew. And he didn’t give a flying .

But his patience had been wearing thin. He couldn’t hold out much longer. Chanyeol just knew that he had reached his breaking point. He had to meet Baekhyun. So he came to Baekhyun’s office as soon as he finished his work of the day, hoping that he could catch the CEO in his way out. And maybe they could do… something together? Chanyeol honestly didn’t know what he would say or do if Baekhyun came out. He just had to trust his gut later.

As Chanyeol stood in front of Baekhyun’s building, leaning against his car, he got to look around the area. The three stories building wasn’t at the side of big roads. It was, in fact, surrounded by houses and pretty, little cafes. He noted that even if it was at night, it didn’t seem to be that dangerous around here. Otherwise, he would need Baekhyun to move his office. There was no way he would let his fiance to work or live in dangerous area.

. There he went again. Sometimes his brain just short-circuited. Realizing that he had thought too far once again, Chanyeol shook his head. For the past week, he kept forgetting that Baekhyun wasn’t his fiance, yet. And wouldn’t become his “real” fiance either. They would only be bound by contract. But it didn’t mean that Chanyeol wouldn’t take care of him.

His train of thought was stopped abruptly when he saw a familiar figure emerged from behind the glass door. Baekhyun was wearing a simple blue navy shirt underneath his black thin coat. He looked so good it made Chanyeol’s chest tightened. A fleeting thought of I want him was inevitable.

Baekhyun was looking down at his phone so he still didn’t realize that Chanyeol was in front of him. Somehow, it pissed Chanyeol off that Baekhyun wasn’t aware of his surroundings. What if some robber was here instead of Chanyeol?

“Hey,” Chanyeol called out, and Baekhyun jumped, so surprised that it made him took a step back. Chanyeol waited until Baekhyun’s eyes found him, before he spoke again. “You didn’t realize I was here, did you?”

“Chanyeol?” Baekhyun looked winded.

“Pay attention to your surroundings, will you?”

Baekhyun ignored his protest. “What are you doing here?”

“Waiting for you?” As if it wasn’t obvious enough. “What about you?”

“I…” Baekhyun paused, and his face turned red in a second. “Nothing. I was just--”

Something alarmed Chanyeol. “Where are you going?” His question this time made Baekhyun even more panicked. Then it clicked. The nice clothes and early clock out. Did Baekhyun…. “You’re going on a date?”

ing bingo. Baekhyun looked like a deer caught in headlights. Which pleased and ticked Chanyeol off at the same time. Because it meant that Baekhyun somehow thought that what he did was wrong, but he still went with it anyway.

Chanyeol refused to let his jealousy take over. “Is it with that Jongun guy?”

“It’s Jongin. And I don’t have to tell you anything.” Baekhyun looked at him warily. “Seriously, what are you doing here?”

“I was waiting for you. I thought we could have dinner and talk--”

“I told you I don’t want to talk or see you anymore, Chanyeol.”

Baekhyun was about to walk away, but Chanyeol was having none of it. After a week of no Baekhyun in his life, Chanyeol craved to be with him for longer. So Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s wrist, not letting him walk further. “Don’t go on a date with him.” Chanyeol almost begged. Almost. But he couldn’t throw away his pride. “We both know you don’t even like that jerk.”

“What…” Baekhyun shook his head, but he didn’t looked upset. Sighing, he looked at Chanyeol. His expression told that he was confused and frustrated. “What are you doing, Chanyeol?”

It was such a simple question. One that Baekhyun had asked earlier, and Chanyeol already answered for. But Chanyeol knew that there was another meaning behind this question. “You haven’t even answered my proposal to you yet, shortie. What am I supposed to think? Are you going out with him just to piss me off?”

Baekhyun held up his hand, like he was trying to stop Chanyeol speaking any further. “First, it was a fake proposal. One that has countless of freaking pages of contracts for me to sign. Second, you’re supposed to think that this is probably what I wanted, not accepting your stupid proposal. And third, not everything is about you, you egotistical .”

When Baekhyun finished, he was out of breath. Which only made Chanyeol fired up even more. “Maybe everything’s not about me. But this, you go on a random date, must’ve been one.” Chanyeol took a step forward, making the distance between him only a thread away. “You can’t stop to think about me, so you resort to go out with another guy to take your mind off of me.”

One look at Baekhyun’s red face was enough for Chanyeol to know that what he said was true. And didn’t that just make Chanyeol feel like a freaking mountain.

Seeing that Baekhyun still couldn’t answer him, Chanyeol felt a little bold. He put his hand on Baekhyun’s waist and brought him closer. Now with their faces just inches away, Chanyeol was barely hanging. “I don’t want you to go out with him.” Chanyeol could see white fog coming out from his mouth fanned over Baekhyun’s face. “I don’t want you going out with anyone.”

Baekhyun didn’t steer away from Chanyeol, not even trying to push him away. He just stood there, looking up at him, with his expression flustered. But Baekhyun immediately schooled his expression. He didn’t let his emotion shown. “Or what?” Looking cold, Baekhyun tilted his head. “Are you going to kiss me again like ten years ago? Then you’ll push me away, throw me away?”

Of course Baekhyun would bring up what had happened in the past. The kiss that Chanyeol cherished and dreaded the most at the same time. If Chanyeol was in the right mind right now, he would back away. But he wasn’t. So he did the only thing that his gut telling him to do. “Damn right, shortie.” Chanyeol leaned down at him until he now could feel Baekhyun’s breath. “I’m going to kiss you, but no way in hell I’m going to throw you away this time.”

Chanyeol’s lips hovered Baekhyun’s for a second, giving him time to retreat, but Baekhyun stayed still, as if waiting for him. And Chanyeol was happy to give in.

Chanyeol pressed his lips against Baekhyun’s. He didn’t need to coax the shorter male to open up for him, Baekhyun already did. His tongue swirled inside Baekhyun’s hot, tasty mouth. Their kiss felt even more incredible than the one they did a decade ago, and that was Chanyeol’s best kiss, until this one. Baekhyun was ing addicting, and Chanyeol couldn’t wrap his head around the fact that he had gone ten years without his kiss. Just how could he live without this kiss again?

Experiencing a complete loss of control, Chanyeol began to pant. He drew Baekhyun closer to him until their body practically collided. Speaking over Baekhyun’s lips, Chanyeol said, “Still want to go out with that ?”

With his eyes glazed, Baekhyun nodded, but his moan told exactly what Chanyeol wanted to hear. He crashed their lips together again, harder and deeper this time, making sure that even if the love of his life was dead set on going out with another man tonight, his kiss would be all Baekhyun could taste and think about.

When Chanyeol finally drew back, and immediately missing Baekhyun’s mouth, he smirked at how dazed the shorter male was. He was so, so relieved that he still had that effect on him.

“Alright.” Chanyeol let Baekhyun go, but not before giving him one final peck. “Have fun.”

 

 

 

 

 

10 years ago

 

Baekhyun was still high from the excitement over their school’s win earlier that day when he entered his room. Never in a million years Baekhyun imagined that Park Chanyeol would be inside his room, sitting on the edge of his bed. His elbows were on his knees while his head was buried on his hands. If not for his ragged breathing, Baekhyun would’ve thought Chanyeol was sleeping.

Why is he in my room?

Baekhyun cleared his throat, trying to announce his presence. “Uhm.” Baekhyun closed his door. “Chanyeol, do you need anything?”

The man he called didn’t move, nor did he answer Baekhyun’s question. Chanyeol sat motionless, except for the rise and fall of his chest, leaving Baekhyun standing awkwardly in the corner of his room.

Biting his lower lip, Baekhyun tried to remember what had happened today. Did he somehow upset the tall guy? No, Baekhyun believe he didn’t. Sure, Chanyeol was kind of weird in the field today. His throws were sloppy and he looked like he wasn’t in control of his own strength. But he did the winning throw. So, shouldn’t he feel elated right now?

Rather than that, shouldn’t Chanyeol at the party the groupies throw at Sandy’s bar, not here in Baekhyun’s room?

Couldn’t stand the silence anymore, Baekhyun stepped forward, nearing the motionless guy on his bed. “Hey,” Baekhyun could barely hear his own voice. “You alright there?”

It took a couple of seconds for Chanyeol to raise his head, and Baekhyun almost gasped. Chanyeol looked like a wreck. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?" Chanyeol muttered, his voice sounded raw. "You enjoy seeing me like this?"

Still standing couple feet away from him, Baekhyun could only respond with one word. "What?"

Rubbing his face rather harshly, Chanyeol huffed out a heavy breath, like it was tiring even for him to simply breathing. "You're so ing clueless."

"Well, I'm sorry if I have no freaking idea what the hell is going on. Enlighten me."

The hard stares Chanyeol was giving him almost made Baekhyun took a step back. His eyes were so intense they were horrifying. “You want me to enlighten you. Really?”

“Uh.” Baekhyun was lost at words. “Sure. I mean, I don't even--”

Baekhyun couldn’t continue what he was going to say since Chanyeol stood up really fast it almost gave him a whiplash, advancing toward him. And in an instant, Chanyeol had towered him, making Baekhyun had to look up to see his face. “If you want me to enlighten you," his voice strangled, Chanyeol inched closer. "I'll gladly do it."

Taking a fistful of Baekhyun's hair with his hand, Chanyeol tilted his head upward. And before Baekhyun knew it, Chanyeol's lips devoured his, and his back was against the door.

Everything happened so fast. Too fast for Baekhyun to comprehend. Chanyeol’s tongue was inside Baekhyun’s mouth, swallowing him, while one of his hand buried in his hair and the other hand on Baekhyun’s back, keeping him close as well as making sure Baekhyun wouldn’t collapse. Because Baekhyun was sure as hell had lost all the energy in his lower region.

Baekhyun should’ve pushed him away. But right now, all he wanted to was to kiss Chanyeol until he fell asleep, tangled in between sheets, and fooled around all night long.

For a few seconds, Baekhyun was frozen solid. He had totally forgot how to kiss, before something snapped in him and Baekhyun found himself desperately met the rhythm of Chanyeol’s kiss, his s, his dominance. Baekhyun moaned into Chanyeol’s mouth, unable to hide his desperation anymore. Pressing his lips deeper, Baekhyun flew his hand to the back of Chanyeol’s neck. It only urged Chanyeol more. He kissed deeper, and his body leaned farther into Baekhyun’s.

What the is happening?

Baekhyun didn’t care. All he knew right now was Chanyeol’s kiss, Chanyeol’s tongue, Chanyeol’s breath, Chanyeol’s heat, Chanyeol’s taste, and Chanyeol’s everything.

Chanyeol on Baekhyun’s bottom lip hard before suddenly ripping himself away. “You have no idea,” Chanyeol panted as his lips still ghosted over Baekhyun’s, eyes poison-black. “No ing idea how much I lo—“

Then something flashed in his eyes, and they suddenly cleared up. Like a basket of ice water just poured over his head. Like he just woke up from a freaking nightmare. The look of shock on his face was something that Baekhyun had never seen before.

All the carnal desire Baekhyun had felt a few seconds ago was pushed all the way back when Chanyeol suddenly yanked himself away from Baekhyun and said, “What the are you doing?”

Embarrassed and raged, Baekhyun fired back. “What am I doing? You’re the one kissing me!”

Chanyeol actually looked like someone who just killed a person. His mouth kept open and closed a number of time, unable to voice out coherent words. “You… what the .”

Baekhyun had to hold the urge to punch the living daylights out of him. How dare he kissed him when he knew that Baekhyun was taken. Sure, Baekhyun wasn’t 100% saint, since he kissed Chanyeol back. But… but… Baekhyun didn’t even have any arguments to defend himself for now. Now, he just want to punch his own face.

“Get out.”

The two words coming out of Chanyeol’s mouth sounded like a mere whisper, but it cut through Baekhyun like a . “What?”

Chanyeol looked at him with crazed, feverish eyes. “I said get out.”

“This is my room.”

“Get out of my house.”

Through all four months Baekhyun knew Chanyeol, he never once thought that the son of his parents’ employer hated him. Although he was always rude to him, sometimes borderline mean, Baekhyun always could sense that the guy never did it out of hatred. Shame, maybe. Or his defense mechanism, a way for Baekhyun to shut up about what he once witnessed in the office of his step father back then.

But right now, as his back was still latched onto the door after Chanyeol pushed him, as he could still feel the rough, hurried touch of Chanyeol’s hands on his nape and waist, as his lips and mouth still warm from the desperate kiss, Baekhyun could see the hatred pouring out of the boy in front of him. Though he didn’t to who the hate directed for. Baekhyun or himself.

“Get out of my house.Or I'll make your parents get fired.”

 

 

 

++++

A/N:

This chapter is a lil bit short but I need cliffhanger so~

There it is. This is the turning point, people. Starting from now, it'll get a lil bit interesting uwu

Also, I'm sorry that I don't get to reply ur comments bcs work has been HELL this week, but I read all of them and can't thank all of u guys enough. I'll respond to them later I promise!