The Proposal

searching for that broken moon's other half

  

 

 

 

10 years ago

 

Chanyeol wanted to throw up.

Seeing Baekhyun across the cafeteria, laughing with Kyungsoo--formerly Baekhyun's only friend and now turned boyfriend--made Chanyeol feel like his heart turned inside out. The jealousy that usually lingered under the surface had burst out in explosion. It blinded him with rage and made him out of control.

Chanyeol noticed that Kyungsoo tried to give Baekhyun a piece of his food, a shrimp, and Chanyeol scoffed under his breath. A shrimp? Did Kyungsoo seriously give Baekhyun a shrimp? Baekhyun didn’t like shrimp, or any seafood. The boy liked--no, loved--pork cutlet the most. That was Baekhyun’s favorite dish.

Without him realizing, Chanyeol had shove off everyone to reach Baekhyun. He didn't know what he would do, he couldn't think . Apparently he had lost that particular ability when it came to Baekhyun. But that didn't matter. All that mattered was the fact that boy who had infiltrated his mind, body, and soul was in the arms of another boy. And Chanyeol wouldn't have that.

Because whether Baekhyun know it or not, he was Chanyeol's. From the very first time Chanyeol landed his eyes on him, Baekhyun was his.

When Baekhyun realized that Chanyeol was approaching him, he stopped mid-laughing and looked shocked. No wonder, this was the first time Chanyeol came to him. It was usually the other way around.

"Hey." Chanyeol winched because even from the three letters word, he sounded tortured. His jealousy oozed to the surface until he couldn't even hide it. "Care to introduce your boyfriend to me, servant?"

Saying his boyfriend out loud hurt like hell. It cut like a knife. Like he truly admitted defeat. But Chanyeol didn't want anyone to know that his pride was hurting. So he did the only thing he could do. Hurting Baekhyun.

While I just want to ing hold him.

"I can't believe that you're gay, servant. Way to lower your bar even more," Chanyeol mocked, almost yelling because his nerve had riled him up, until some people around them in the cafeteria turned their heads to watch.

As soon as the sentences left his mouth, Chanyeol immediately wanted to swallow them back in, but it was too late. Now Baekhyun and Kyungsoo stared at him with a look of disgust.

But Baekhyun's expression had something else that gutted Chanyeol's stomach. It was a look of sadness.


 

 

 

It was three days after the surprise visit from Chanyeol, and Baekhyun still couldn't get it out of his mind.

I came to ask you to marry me .

After that sentence came out from Chanyeol's mouth, Baekhyun just couldn't handle it anymore. He couldn't breathe. So, although he was wondering what the hell Chanyeol meant with that, the well-being of his heart was more important. He kicked Chanyeol out of his office and locked the door.

I came to ask you to marry me.

Baekhyun shook his head. No, he needed to get it together. Seeing Chanyeol in person had rattled him in every possible way, but Baekhyun refused to let it linger any longer. He had business to be saved. He forced himself to concentrate on the matter in his hands.

As he looked at the financial report--a really bad financial report of his company--Baekhyun's thought once again wandered. He had been constantly running away, hiding from Chanyeol for ten long years. That wasn't an easy feat, considering the digital age. That man probably didn't know how Baekhyun's world was revolved around him. He took economy major and work his off with multiple part time jobs to build his own company, he built the foundation from scratch in order to help poor people like him because he wanted to help anyone who were in his shoes. He never went public or gave his name away as the founder and CEO of the company because of the fear that Chanyeol would find him.

Baekhyun's current life was the product of his hatred toward Chanyeol, and having the subject of his so-called ‘motivation’ arrived in his very door wasn't an ordinary everyday occurrence. It was an awesome feat that he didn't lose consciousness that day.

I came to ask you to marry me.

And that sentence--that goddamn sentence. As if his appearance wasn't shocking enough, Chanyeol just had to surprise him with that kind of . Baekhyun never knew what Chanyeol meant by that because he never gave the man the chance to explain himself. Whatever that was, Baekhyun was sure that Chanyeol only wanted to mess with him.

Why after ten years...

Baekhyun cursed under his breath. He hated himself for being affected this much. Not only emotionally, but also physically. As much as he wanted to say that seeing Chanyeol awakened every hate cell in him, Baekhyun couldn't lie that other emotion also rose. Longing .

Baekhyun missed him like hell, despite hating him to his very core.

The sound of knock on his door broke Baekhyun's trance. He cleared his throat. "Come in."

Junmyeon's head peek inside through the slightly opened door. "Hey, Boss. You have delivery."

"What delivery?"

Junmyeon smirked. "A bucket of flowers."

Baekhyun's heartbeat accelerated. "What? From whom?"

"Someone named Jongjin or something. Wait, let me check." Then Junmyeon was gone.

Baekhyun blinked. Jongjin? He gasped. "Oh my God.”

The flowers must've been from Jongin, the manager from Yellow Publishing, a company that had been helping Rainbow Foundation in distributing children books all over the country.

Baekhyun totally forgot that he had a date with the man. Jongin had relentlessly asked Baekhyun out for a date for almost a year now. And just a week ago, Baekhyun finally agreed out of pity for the man, and also because he didn't want to make the relationship between the two companies become bad.

What were the chances that the moment Baekhyun agreed to go out on a date, Chanyeol came back into his life.

And to think that he got excited, thinking that flowers might be from Chanyeol, was just plain stupid.

Baekhyun was originally looking forward to this date with Jongin. The man was very attractive and kind, and it flattered Baekhyun that Jongin was attracted to him. But now that his mind was completely preoccupied by someone from his teenage days barging back into his life, it really didn't feel right to go out tonight.

Baekhyun shook his head. No . Why should he feel guilty about going out with other man? It wasn't like Baekhyun was taken.

Junmyeon once again peek his head inside Baekhyun's office. His face looked pale. "Boss, the bucket is from Jongin of Yellow Publishing. And uhm, I can't give you the flowers now because they were in the trash bin."

What?

Not even a second later, Junmyeon was out of sight again, seemingly being pulled away by something, or someone. The spot occupied by him earlier was now taken by a figure that had been invading Baekhyun’s thought for the past three days--or ten years, but Baekhyun would never admit it.

Chanyeol was there. In his office. Again.

So three days ago wasn’t a dream, after all?

“What on earth…” Baekhyun muttered almost breathlessly. Just like every time he was face to face with the man, Baekhyun had trouble breathing. He looked way too handsome for his own good. Honestly, Baekhyun was always attracted by the man’s look since ten years ago, bur right now? His attractiveness had shot through the roof with his slick pushed-back black hair and sharp suits.

Chanyeol got inside Baekhyun’s office, closing the door behind him. Baekhyun might be still dumbfounded by his appearance but Chanyeol’s pissed expression wasn’t missed by him.

“Who’s Jongin?” Chanyeol started.

Baekhyun raised his brows. Then it clicked. “You threw away Jongin’s flowers?” Baekhyun rose from his seat. Rage and frustration suddenly consumed him. “What the hell, Chanyeol?”

Chanyeol snarled. “No, I should be the one who said that. What the hell, Baekhyun?”

“I don’t even know what you’re talking about. What are you even doing here?”

“I know you heard what I said the last time I was here. I asked you to marry me.”

Baekhyun’s legs wobbled. He almost fell back onto his seat.

“And now I came here again, I found out that some boy sent my fiance a bucket of flowers. You think I won’t be mad?”

Okay. Now Baekhyun couldn’t hold himself up anymore. He sat back down on his chair as he looked at Chanyeol like he just said the world would end in five minutes. Baekhyun was lost at words. His tongue tied.

Chanyeol sauntered toward Baekhyun’s desk. His hands crossed over his chest. “Well? Who’s Jongin?”

Baekhyun’s attention now was too focused on Chanyeol’s biceps. Since when Chanyeol became this big? Baekhyun shook his head.Pull yourself together, Byun Baekhyun. “That’s none of your business.” Baekhyun tried to sound harsh, but fail miserably. He was still shaken. “What are you doing here, Chanyeol? And what’s with the marriage proposal? Are you trying to trick me?”

Chanyeol stopped right before Baekhyun’s desk. He showed his pointy finger to Baekhyun, like he was trying to make a point. “That of course is my business, since you’re my fiance--”

“I’m not your fiance!”

“And about what am I doing here?” Chanyeol continued, ignoring Baekhyun. “I was gonna ask you if you want to have lunch together. And about the marriage proposal? Yes, I was proposing to you. I thought it was obvious? And, no, I’m not trying to trick you.”

Baekhyun blinked in astonishment. What did Chanyeol think? Like he would believe a word he was saying? Closing his eyes, trying to calm his anger down, Baekhyun shook his head. “I don’t have time for this, Chanyeol. What do you want?”

“I’ve said what I want.”

“Stop it,” Baekhyun snapped. His knuckle had turned white. “Before I kicked you out of my office again.”

For the first time since he entered the room, Chanyeol’s expression turned serious. He took a seat across from Baekhyun, racking his fingers through his perfect hair, before he inhaled a deep breath and looked straight into Baekhyun’s eyes. “I’m not kidding when I said I want you to marry me.”

Baekhyun in a breath. Chanyeol’s pierced eyes on him made his heart skip a beat and Baekhyun hated that the taller man still had that effect on him. “You.... you made my senior year a living hell. And now, after you kicked me out of your house… and after not seeing each other for ten years, out of nowhere, you want to marry me?”

Chanyeol’s eyes were still trained on him hard, but the edge of his lips started to curl. “Damn right, shortie.”

Baekhyun gaped. “Did you just call me…” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Nevermind that. I want to know why. Why do you want to marry me? What are you trying to do? And don’t say that you love me or some other s, Chanyeol. I won’t believe you in a million years.”

It felt like Baekhyun’s eyes were playing tricks on him, because Chanyeol actually looked a little bit sad and disappointed for a split second. But the look was quickly replaced by stoic expression once again. “Why do you think that I’m trying to do something here? What if I really just want to marry you?”

“Like that even possible? You’re not even gay. I remember like it was yesterday that you told me that I was disgus--”

“Stop it.” Chanyeol closed his eyes, like it was hurting him physically to remember their past. “You weren’t… disgusting. I was immature back then.”

Baekhyun threw his head back and let out a loud laugh. “Oh my God. Is this real life? Park Chanyeol just admitted that he was immature.”

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol groaned. Rubbing his face, he looked a little bit drained. “I’m serious, you know?”

Shutting his mouth, Baekhyun looked into Chanyeol’s eyes, searching for any mischievous signs that he was kidding. He almost fell from his chair when he found nothing but determination in his eyes. Baekhyun gulped. “I’m serious, too. If you didn’t give me the real reason you’re here, telling me that kind on nonsense, then I’ll never take you seriously and will gladly kick you out again. I’m not that eighteen years old naive Baekhyun anymore, Chanyeol.”

No matter how hard he thought if this encounter between them had made sense or not, the obvious answer was no, it wasn’t. Chanyeol came back into his life… just like that. No how are you . No how you’ve been doing for the past ten years . No what are you doing right now . This was so wrong. So, so wrong.

“I know, shortie, I know.”

Baekhyun snarled, but he oddly not offended by the nickname. That was much better that the nickname Chanyeol given him back then.Servant . “Then, explain.”

Baekhyun didn’t know why did he give Chanyeol time to even talk, to even sit in front of him. His conscience told him to push the big guy away from him as far away as possible. But his heart said that he needed to listen. He had a strong feeling that Chanyeol didn’t come to play. He meant business.

Chanyeol let out a deep breath. “I need you to marry me because I need… your help.”

Blinking, Baekhyun didn’t know how to respond to that. “What?”

“Listen,” Chanyeol sat up straight. “I don’t know how to explain this without sounding like a massive jerk, but… Just don’t cut my explanation, okay?”

Now Baekhyun was a little bit wary. He never saw Chanyeol this serious before. “What is it, Chanyeol?”

After a beat of silent, Chanyeol finally opened his mouth. “I need you to marry me because that’s the way I could become CEO in my company.”

Baekhyun’s jaws slacked. He had to hold his breath for a moment to keep himself from yelling. “I’m sorry, what?”

“In order for me to become a CEO of my family’s company, I need to have a fiance. The fiance has to be a CEO of a big company. Or could be a son or daughter of--”

“Are you kidding me right now?”

Chanyeol gave him a look. “I told you not to interrupt me.”

Baekhyun finally put two and two together. Strangled by anger, he got up from his seat, followed by Chanyeol who at least had the decency to look a little bit remorseful. “No, no, no. This is clearly insane. You are insane, Park Chanyeol. You asked me to marry you for money?”

“Baekhyun, listen--”

“And you think I’m so easy that I’ll agree to this?”

“I know that your company is currently struggling…”

The heat was rising in him that Baekhyun felt like he almost exploded. “Get out.” Baekhyun pointed toward the door frantically. “I don’t want to see you again. Get out”

Chanyeol took a step back when he noticed Baekhyun start to walk toward him in angry steps. “We’ll only bound by contract, Baekhyun. You’re not really going to be married to me.”

“You’ve lost your goddamn mind, Chanyeol. What are you thinking, is this some kind of a morning drama to you?”

“Just think about it. If you’re married to me, I’ll become the main sponsor for your company. I’ll merge with you and I’ll give your company tons of exposure.”

Now Chanyeol had really crossed the line. Baekhyun had enough. Baekhyun walked toward him. When they were only a meter away, he pushed the much bigger guy in front of him. “Get out!”

Chanyeol let himself being pushed away. Like he had foreseen Baekhyun’s response and had prepared himself for that. “I could save your company. You could save your company, Baekhyun. I know that this company matter so much for you.”

“Get the out!”

Sighing, Chanyeol took out a brown envelope from inside his bag and put it down on Baekhyun’s desk. “I’ll leave this contract draft of our marriage here, okay? Just read it and think about it.” Chanyeol almost sounded like he was begging, but it could also be just Baekhyun’s imagination.

With that, the tall man turned around, walking toward the door, but not without stealing a glance at Baekhyun before he finally opened the door and was out of Baekhyun’s office.

 

 

 

 

Ten years ago

 

Their win for today’s game felt like a miracle to Chanyeol. It was a miracle enough he could afford to play in his state of mind to begin with. His head had been full with the thought of Baekhyun for a few weeks now. And none of them were happy thoughts. Jealousy and anger consumed him in a very unpleasant way, but turned out, those feelings helped him go through the game. His teammates and coach had been praising him throughout the game that he did great for being so aggressive and dangerous.

While Chanyeol’s teammates were all throwing their helmets to the ground, cheering and hugging each other in delight for their first win of the season, Chanyeol took off his helmet only to look around the big stadium, looking for a certain boy. He knew that Baekhyun would be there, somewhere in the bleacher. And he stupidly hoped that the boy now was smiling at him proudly.

Chanyeol let his teammates hug him, smacking him in the back, ruffling his sweat-matted hair, while once in a while he also smiled back at them. But his eyes kept wandering around.

Where are you, Baekhyun?

While the world around him was so loud with screams and cheers, Chanyeol couldn’t care less. He longed to see Baekhyun-- needed to . There was this dread feeling in the pit of his stomach that made him restless until he could find him.

When he could feel himself being dragged out of the field by his teammates, Chanyeol’s eyes magically landed on a figure that he had been yearned to see.

Chanyeol took a harsh breath. The fact that how Baekhyun could make his legs staggered even from a hundred meters away was beyond him. What Chanyeol realized was that he felt the strong urge to run to the boy of his dream and crush him with his hug. The realization should have scared him, but before it could even register in his mind, Chanyeol saw that Baekhyun wasn’t alone. He was with Kyungsoo, laughing together.

Baekhyun didn’t even look at him, while he was the only thing Chanyeol could see.

A blinding rage of jealousy washed over him. He could feel his overheated body due to exertion of running around the field became even more heated with primal instinct to yank Baekhyun away from Kyungsoo’s hold.

Looking away, Chanyeol knew that he needed to stay away from his house tonight if he wanted to avoid doing something stupid. Something that he would regret.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hello?” Chanyeol put his phone in between his ears and shoulders while his hand were busy trying to tuck in his seatbelt. “Mom? What’s wrong?”

“What, is it wrong for a mother to call her son?”

Chuckling, Chanyeol tried to settle on his driver seat more comfortably. He was still outside Baekhyun’s office building after their not-going-so-well meet up. And honestly, his mom calling him now was a perfect distraction. "No, it's just weird for you to call me in office hour. What's up, Mom?"

Chanyeol heard his mom huffed on the other side of the line. "Should I be the one who said that to you? What's up with you? You're getting married?"

Closing his eyes, Chanyeol cursed inwardly for forgetting to tell the number one person that mattered if his marriage with Baekhyun went on according to plan. "Oh, Mom, I was going to. But I've been so busy--"

"Nope. I'm not going to take that excuse. How busy were you that you didn't even have time to call your own mother?"

Chanyeol suddenly felt bad. If anything, he didn't want his mom to feel left behind or neglected by him. He probably hated her for marrying such a douchebag, but she was still the only family he had. "Mom, really, I'm sorry. I wasn't that busy. I was just… preoccupied by many things." At the very least, Chanyeol could be honest with that.

His mother sighed heavily. Chanyeol knew that she wouldn't let this go away easily, but it seemed that his mom could put this one behind for a while, because there was a more pressing question she was going to ask, and Chanyeol honestly didn't know how to answer that... for now.

"And who's your fiance?"

There it was. The million dollar question.

"Minki said that he's a CEO."

There was two things that Chanyeol realized from that sentence alone. One was that he hated that his mom had to know this from his step brother. Two was the fact that his mom seemingly not care that his son was marrying a man.

Chanyeol never came out to her, but he guessed that she would know. After all, she was his mother. She must have had suspected something by the way he acted around Baekhyun and right after he left.

“Yeah,” Chanyeol croaked out. “It’s Baekhyun, Mom.” The name rolled out of his mouth without him realizing. He surprised himself at how natural it felt for him to say it to his mom. Like it was a done deal. But he honestly couldn’t predict how his mom would react. Baekhyun was her servant’s child, after all.

“Baekhyun? You mean Byun Baekhyun?”

“Yes, Mom. Baekhyun, the son of--”

“Oh my god!” his mother squealed. “Oh, sweetheart. Chanyeol, my baby, I’m so happy for you.”

That certainly wasn’t the reaction Chanyeol had expected. He sat up straight. “Uhm, what do you mean?”

"Darling, you never told me that you finally found him again."

Chanyeol's tongue tied. Did… his mom know all this time? "How…"

"How did I know? Chanyeol, you think Mom wouldn't realize how you were barely standing up after Baekhyun moved away? I noticed everything."

"I... I didn't know."

"Of course you didn't. You were practically dead at that time. You didn’t have a single care in the world. Am I right?"

Chanyeol's lips pressed into a thin line, remembering those dark times when Baekhyun left him, or more precisely, Chanyeol made him leave. "True."

"But you found him." That wasn't a question. His mom was simply stating a fact and sounded relieved at the same time. "And you're marrying him. Oh, sweetheart."

"I just… don't want to let go of him again now that I've found him.”

At this point, Chanyeol didn't know if he was still lying to his mom or not. The words coming out from his mouth felt too real for comfort. He really didn't want to lose that guy again now that he had found him.

"Of course. Oh, no, I need to talk to Sehee now, aren't I?"

Oh, . Byun Sehee was Baekhyun's mom. After Baekhyun moved away, his family still worked for Chanyeol's family for another year but it seemed like his mom and Baekhyun's mom still contacted each other once in a while. Now, Chanyeol was screwed.

"Uhm, Mom, I don't think you should... Since Baekhyun also haven't told his family." Good, another lie. How many lies that he had told his mom at this point now.

“Seriously?” She clicked her tongue. “Couples nowadays are too focused on themselves.”

"Let Baekhyun tell his family first, okay, Mom?"

Chanyeol's mother sighed. "Alright. Tell him to hurry, so we all could meet and discuss everything."

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Chanyeol let out a soundless breath. "Got it. Now I really need to go.”

"Where are you going anyway?"

"Back to office. I'm at Baekhyun's now."

"Aww, you guys are adorable."

It was so weird to hear his mom like this. Chanyeol felt weird--weirdly relieved to be exact. "Mom, seriously?"

She laughed. "Okay, okay. I'll let you go. But really, I won't accept it if you take too long to let me meet him. Understand?"

"I'll think about it,” Chanyeol said, but there was actually other things that he should be worried about, like how to make Baekhyun accept his proposal. "Bye, Mom."

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun hated himself for not being able to throw away the contract Chanyeol had given him a week ago. He hadn’t even moved the contract from the spot Chanyeol placed it. It was still there, on his desk, blatantly mocking him, begging him to open it.

Baekhyun tried to lie to himself that he was too busy to check the inside of the envelope and also that he kept forgetting to throw it away. But that was just some petty excuses. Even he knew it himself.

He hadn’t lie that he was busy this past week, though. It had been an important week. He had some meetings with various companies who had the potential to become sponsors for his project this year. But screw his brain, Baekhyun hadn’t been concentrated much lately. So he didn’t really know if the meeting gone well or not. But judging by the fact that none of those companies called him back until today seemed to be a blatant punch to his gut that he was indeed terrible this week.

Baekhyun would like to blame it on Chanyeol, but he wasn’t that low of a person. If that kind of small distraction already made him do a terrible job, he certainly needed to question his credibility to lead his own company.

There were just too much in his mind nowadays; his company, Chanyeol, and Jongin. The latter kept bugging him about when they would have dinner he had promised him. Honestly, Baekhyun didn’t have time for that. He had other matter in hands, but Baekhyun was tired. So exhausted with all the s happening right now in his life that he started to think that maybe a dinner with Jongin is what I needed.

He needed a distraction to distract him from his ultimate distraction. Nice.

So Baekhyun finally decided to have their dinner date tonight. Honestly, Baekhyun thought that this was a good idea. He could finally go out of his dungeon and do something for himself. For once.

“You’re going out tonight, boss?” Junmyeon asked when Baekhyun was about to leave. His secretary was leaning against his office door, hands in his pocket.

Baekhyun gave him a small smile. He was excited and wary at the same time. “Yeah. Dinner with Jongin. I’m leaving in five.”

“You finally agree, huh?” Junmyeon grinned.

Baehyun rolled his eyes. “Shut up. There’s nothing else for today, right?”

“Hmm, I don’t think so. But Baekhyun, you sure this is okay?”

Raising his brows, Baekhyun threw him a questioning look. “What do you mean?”

Junmyeon shrugged. “You having dinner with Jongin.”

“We’re still talking about that?”

“I thought you were dating that Mr. Park.”

Baekhyun almost fell from his chair. “Wha…” Baekhyun stuttered. “Why the hell do you think that?”

“I just figured. Are you? Dating Mr. Park, I mean.”

“Not at all.” Baekhyun hated that his defense sounded too strong. “I’m not dating him.”

“But Mr. Park called in every day, you know. Like, for this whole week.”

That was the second shock of the day. “He did what?”

Now Junmyeon looked genuinely amused. “He called every day, asking me about you. How are you today, have you eaten yet, some other romantic stuff.”

Baekhyun opened his mouth to say something, but quickly clamped his lips again. Chanyeol called to check on him every day? That was kind of… freaky. But weirdly, Baekhyun didn’t feel bothered. Except for one thing. “Did… did Chanyeol call you directly, like to your cellphone, or…”

“Gosh.” Laughing, Junmyeon shook his head. “No need to be jealous, boss. Mr. Park didn’t directly call me. He called the office’s phone, of course.”

Now Baekhyun was sure his face was beet red. “I wasn’t implying that. What are you talking about?”

Junmyeon was still shaking his head while grinning from ear to ear when he walked outside Baekhyun’s office. “Jongin, you poor guy.”

Baekhyun really didn’t understand what Junmyeon meant. He was definitely notjealous that Chanyeol called Junmyeon every day instead of him. Not at all. Like he cared about the guy who made his entire senior year miserable. Even ten years later, Park Chanyeol remained to be a self-centered prick. Baekhyun really had no reason to be jealous or have any feelings other than hatred toward the man.

But still, why Chanyeol called Junmyeon instead of him, though?

As soon as Junmyeon was out of his office, Baekhyun’s attention was back to the brown envelope on his desk. Somehow, Baekhyun knew that he wouldn’t be able to concentrate on his dinner tonight with Jongin if he didn’t know the content of it. With a deep exhale, Baekhyun finally took it in his hand. His heart was pounding as he carefully ripped open the sealed envelope. The content was normal contract Baekhyun usually deal with. It had some important point for both parties. As Baekhyun read them word per word, his heart no longer pounding, it was his head now instead.

It was definitely a marriage contract. The title said exactly that. The points explained a lot of details that it made Baekhyun slightly nauseous. It said that the two parties relationship were to be fiancé. The wedding would happen in six months. And marriage would last for two years and a half.

Holy hell .

Baekhyun stopped reading right there and then. He put down the paper and forced himself to breathe. He was so tempted to crumple up the papers, but knew better. He needed to—no, wanted to—read the whole thing.

He his dry lips and braced himself to read another section of the contracts. It explained that prior of the contract, Baekhyun’s company would merge with Chanyeol’s company--Parkson Corporation. Moreover, it gave Baekhyun the title of shareholder of Chanyeol’s company. His company would also become the direct sponsor for Baekhyun’s company. The time limit for this was to be discuss further with the two parties.

After Baekhyun finished reading all the details, he couldn’t help gapping. The contracts offered by Chanyeol was too good to be true. For most parts, Baekhyun and his company were in advantage. Massivebenefits. While Chanyeol… it almost seemed like Chanyeol would marry Baekhyun just because. But then Baekhyun remembered what he had said.

I need you to marry me because that’s the way I could become CEO in my company .

Baekhyun scoffed. He truly almost forgot about that. Of course Chanyeol would get the best part of this agreement. He would become the freaking CEO of his big consortium company. Although Baekhyun still didn’t understand the correlation between him and Chanyeol becoming CEO, he really didn’t want to care.

Baekhyun tossed the contracts back to its original place, on his messy desk, and took his coat. He had a date to attend.

 

 

 

 

 

A/n: next chapter we're probably gonna get to know the thing that made Baekhyun hate Chanyeol so much and probably there will be a kiss or two :""