Untitled - Part 7

Untitled - Block B

Raon woke in a comfortable bed with silky bed-sheets she recognized. The memories of last night coming back to her, and she slowly glanced around the room. On a sofa next to her B-bomb was soundly sleeping. 
"Min Hyuk" - she whispered softly with tears in her eyes. He woke to her voice and quickly sat up. He carefully pulled the blanket back over her.
"It's still early. Get some more rest. I'll be here." - he said with a gentle smile. She nodded and closed her eyes, as she wasn't ready to hear the truth about everything. She already knew, that Hyun Jin wasn't lying to her, but she wasn't ready to hear it from them just yet. She needed more time. She floated off to a sweet dream, where she didn't need to worry about vengeful kidnappers or gang wars. A place where she had a truly quiet life. A place without them... She woke up with sweats beading on her forehead. Raon wasn't sure what she has just dreamed about, but she was certain that it wasn't something good. As quietly as possible she got out of bed, trying not to wake the sleeping man and went to the adjoining bathroom, to freshen herself up a little. She brushed her fingers through her hair, and washed her face with cold water. By the time she got back in the room, Min Hyuk was standing, looking through the window, with a sad expression on his face. Although she wanted to delay the moment that was coming next, she knew her time was up.

 

"You're awake." - he said and then paused for a moment, trying to read her face. - "Zico is waiting for you in the living room."
She nodded and they headed there. The rest of the gang were all sitting and standing around their leader, going quiet as soon as she walked through the door. The atmosphere could've been cut with a knife. 
"Please sit." - said Zico, pointing towards the sofa across from him. Raon obliged, and cleared .
"Hyun Jin... What happened to him?" - she asked looking at Zico.

 

"We took care of him." - he said, trying to avoid the details. She felt so relieved, that she almost felt guilty for it. 

 

"What he said... about Block B... Is it true?" - she asked, hesitating a little. He swallowed hard, trying to find the right words.

 

"It is." - he started slowly. - "My father was the leader of Block B until 7 years ago, when we rebelled and overthrew him. He was selling women all over the world, but since I came to power, we've been trying to end all of that..." - he said without breaking their eye contact. The men were quietly waiting for her answer.
"So there are still people in Block B who live of kidnapping innocent girls?" - she asked baffled by what he said. She tried to stay calm, but was failing.
"Block B has hundreds of members, so some of the older men, who didn't agree with me closing down this business just carried on, but we've been trying our best... - Raon cut him off.

 

"Trying your best?! You've been the leader for 7 years. If Block B is still engaging in kidnapping then don't you think you haven't been doing enough?!" - she yelled while jumping up from her seat. She was furious, mad, upset and disappointed.  - "Maybe your priorities are messed up! This fancy house, your cars... Did all of that came from money like that?!?" - she continued. 
"Raon..." - Zico said standing up, trying to calm her. Everyone was looking at her worried, and feeling guilty at the same time. Her eyes were filled with tears, she was at the brink of crying. How could he possibly make her understand, that his hands were tied. That it was too dangerous to start a war with the older members, that he would have to risk the lives of the only people he trusts, the few people who were standing in this very room.
"Raon... It's not that I don't want to end all of it, but I just can't right now..." - he tried to explain to her.
"You can't or you won't?" - she sighed dumbfounded by his response.
"I can't... It's not that simple, Raon." - he said softly, with an apologetic look on his face. Tears were now streaming down her face looking at them, not believing that these lovely men, who came to her rescue not once but twice, who took care of her, were involved in something so sinister. 
"Then I guess this is good-bye..." - said Raon, and after waiting for a second, giving a chance to one of them step up and tell her that it's all a lie, she headed for the exit. No one stopped her, they just hang their head, unable to look her in the eye, as she left with a broken heart.