Tug of War

Forced Ties

Forced Ties Chapter 7 : Tug of War

 

Like usual, Jimin doesn’t return home for a couple of days. So instead, Taehyung waited for him at his office. 

“Why are you here?” Jimin asks when he entered. 

“Why weren’t you home?” 

“You know why,” Jimin scoffed, avoiding any eye contact.

“Hey,” Taehyung grabs Jimin’s wrist to get his full attention. “I was worried about you.”

“Sure,” Jimin scoffs again. 

“Have you been with Jungkook?” 

“So what if I am?” Jimin says with confidence, almost backing out last minute when he felt Taehyung’s anger. “I need to work now, so please leave.” 

 

Taehyung ran towards Jimin and wrapped his arms around Jimin’s small waist, holding him close. “Baby, I hate it that you were with someone else.”

Jimin struggled trying to free himself. “Tsk! Let me go, I need to work!”

“Nope, if I let you go, you’ll just run off with Jungkook again,” Taehyung says, now pressing his face against Jimin’s back. 

“Who says I’ll run off with him?” Jimin asks, hands resting on Taehyung’s, now giving up. 

“You, you don’t even love me,” Taehyung suddenly says. Jimin grew a bit pink, and hot. He began to panic, thinking Taehyung would hear his beating heart or warming body. 

“S-so? You don’t either. Now let go,” Jimin blurted all in one go. Surprisingly, Taehyung releases him, and leaves without a word. Jimin bit his lips nervously, but brushed it off.

 

That night, Taehyung goes over to Seokjin’s to bring Jimin back home. He knew that Jimin was not staying with Jungkook, Jin had texted him the night Jimin left. 

 

“Oh Taehyung! Come in!” Jin greets, stepping aside. 

“Hey, is Jimin still here?” Taehyung asks once he stepped inside. 

“His clothes are, so he should be back pretty soon. Jungkook took him out to dinner,” Seokjin quickly blabbers. He throws his hands over his mouth when he realized he just told Taehyung who Jimin was with. “I- I mean, Jimin’s out grocery shopping for me,” he smiles. 

“Where are they?” Taehyung huffed, hands curled up in his pockets. 

 

“Just keep your cool, o-okay,” Jin said, currently in the back seat of Taehyung’s car.

 

When they reached Jungkook’s place, Taehyung banged on the door so hard Jin felt his own hands go numb. “Hey guys-“ Jungkook smiles when he opened the door, but was greeted with a punch from Taehyung. 

 

“Taehyung!” Jimin shouts, rushing over to Jungkook. Taehyung threw another punch, but Jungkook grabbed his balled up hand. He flipped them around, and punched Taehyung twice, before Taehyung kicked him off. Jin pulled on Jungkook’s shirt, then wrapped his arms around his waist. Jimin grabbed Taehyung by his shoulders, holding him off. 

 

“You’re coming home,” Taehyung said sternly. He lifted Jimin over his shoulders and walked out to the car. 

“I can walk!” Jimin yells, hitting Taehyung’s back and swing his legs. 

 

When they got home, Jimin was carried the same way again. Taehyung brought him upstairs and threw Jimin on his bed. “Taehyung,” Jimin whimpers as he sat up and crawled all the way back to the headboard. 

 

“Not running off with Jungkook you say?”

“It was just dinner-“

“What was it about him that makes you spend days and nights with him, huh?” Taehyung asks, locking the door. “Did you sleep with him?” 

“No! We’re just friends!” Jimin answers. 

“Then why go out on all these dates?” Taehyung asks again. 

 

“Were they dates?” Jimin thought. 

 

“They weren’t dates,” Jimin replies. Taehyung scoffs, throwing his blazer on the ground before he joined Jimin on the bed. 

“If you wanted to go on dates, you could’ve just asked me.” Taehyung crawled closer and closer to Jimin. “Unless, you were really sleeping with him,” Taehyung brings up the idea again, now hovering over Jimin. 

“Jungkook never touched me, he’s just kind to me.” 

“Oh, so then I’m mean?” Taehyung grabs Jimin’s chin, lifting it up. They stared at each other with a long pause. 

Then finally, “Yes,” Jimin suddenly sobs. It caught Taehyung off guard, so he lets go of Jimin, allowing him to sit up properly again. “If you wanted to see other people, you could’ve just told me.” 

“Who said I was seeing other people?” Taehyung asks softly, lifting Jimin’s face.

“There’s Sora and that guy the other night,” Jimin blurts, looking down at the bed. 

“Baby, I left Sora long ago, and that guy? He was just an actor. I was jealous knowing you were with Jungkook,”

“So you pretend to kiss someone else to make me spend more time with you,” Jimin interrupts. 

“I didn’t know,” Taehyung said, he ran his fingers through his hair. “You just kept going out on your lunch breaks, and never came home some times. It was, lonely.”

“I thought you were busy with other people,” Jimin said quietly. 

“I was waiting for you,” Taehyung replies, looking into Jimin’s glossy eyes. “I miss you, so much.” 

 

Jimin didn’t know what to say. Did Taehyung really mean it? He looked so frustrated and oddly cute, trying to speak to Jimin. “We use to eat lunch together, spend the evening cuddling, but,” Taehyung stops. “Jungkook, he’s my best friend. I didn’t believe it that he was the one now doing that with you.” 

“Taehyung, he never touched me like you do,” Jimin says, grazing his fingertips with Taehyung’s. “Only you can do that.” 

 

Taehyung’s hair was all messed up, his lips were slightly open, and his eyes were glossy. “Really?” 

Jimin nodded, and Taehyung wasted no time in fully holding those small, adorable hands. The cute image that Taehyung had, quickly changed. He pulled Jimin closer to him and kissed him. 

 

>>>

 

When Jimin woke up, memories of last night filled his mind. He blushed, pulling the comforter closer to his face. Jimin played with Taehyung’s hair for awhile, but when he shifted a bit, Jimin stopped. He looked over to check if Taehyung was still asleep. Taehyung’s eyes were closed, and his mouth was slightly open. But then he smiled and opened his eyes, startling Jimin. He wrapped his arms around Jimin, smiling down at him. “Did I scare you?”

“Of course you did!” Jimin said, giving him a soft slap on the chest. 

“Ow!” Taehyung jokes, falling down on top of Jimin. He began to kiss and nibble on Jimin’s neck, going over the purple marks from last night. 

“Tae,” Jimin sings, hands on Taehyung’s shoulders. “I’m gonna have to wear turtlenecks now.” 

“It’s okay if you don’t. I’d want you to show people that you’re mine,” Taehyung says with a slight growl, diving back into Jimin’s neck. Jimin winced when Taehyung started to work things down there. He smirked against Jimin’s skin, teeth grazing it as he moves to his lips. Taehyung groaned, holding Jimin’s leg over his shoulder. He notices Jimin’s plump and swollen lips, then lowers his head to on them again. 

 

>>> 

 

“Don’t you think it’s time you stop drinking?” Seokjin asks, handing another bottle of beer to Jungkook. 

“Hyung, he’s the love of my life,” Jungkook replies, burping once before chugging down the beer. 

“And Taehyung’s your best friend,” Jin reminded him. 

 

When Jungkook drops the bottle, halfway to finishing it, Jin took him over to the guest room. He has been drinking far too much, and Jin should’ve stopped him earlier. “Ahh you!” Seokjin shrieks when Jungkook threw up on his white carpet. 

“Jimin,” Jungkook called, reaching out into the air. 

“Crazy dude,” Jin whispered under his breath before leaving to grab cleaning supplies.