Surprises

Forced Ties

Forced Ties Chapter 13 : Surprises

 

When Jimin woke up, he found himself tangled up with Taehyung. It was nothing unusual, except Taehyung was still sticky from sweat. “Taehyung, get up. You have work today,” Jimin says as he shakes Taehyung gently. “Taehyungie.” Jimin squishes Taehyung’s cheek lightly, and gave him small pecks on the lips. A small squeal came from Jimin as he was pushed down into the mattress by Taehyung. 

“Baby,” Taehyung sung, but then falls over. His eyes could barely open. Jimin giggled, and Taehyung’s head. 

“Fine, I’ll call you down when breakfast is ready.” Jimin pushed Taehyung to the side, and went downstairs.

 

About half an hour later, Taehyung came down, dressed in his suit. “Can’t I stay?” 

“No, I shouldn’t have let you out last night in the first place,” Jimin says and slides Taehyung a bowl of rice. “What time did you get home?”

“I don’t even know,” Taehyung replies. Jimin hands him a plate of eggs and breakfast sausages, then sat next to him. Giving Taehyung his own bowl wasn’t necessary. He whined saying he’s too tired to eat, and made Jimin feed him instead. 

 

“You can sleep more when you get home, drive safely okay,” Jimin says and kisses Taehyung before he got in the car. Once Taehyung left, Jimin quickly washed the dishes, then hurried upstairs to get dressed. 

 

Jimin greeted some of his coworkers as he passed them. He went to his office, and straight to his desk. Jimin hurriedly his tablet, and began sketching some ideas. He was already late for submitting his last design, and he’s already a few days behind for this month’s. 

 

Jimin thought about skipping lunch, but then Taehyung called. He was already outside, and waiting for Jimin.

“Wow, you look excited,” Jimin said when he opened the car door. Taehyung was smiling happily, as if he didn’t get four hours of sleep last night. 

“I’ve been craving cold noodles all day.”

 

They arrive at Taehyung’s favorite cold noodle restaurant, and saw Jungkook. Jimin invited him to eat with them, but Jungkook seemed hesitant at first. He sat down with the couple anyways. After ordering, Yoongi walked in, a bit surprise at seeing the three of them there too. Jungkook waves, and tells him to come over. 

 

Jimin was glad to see Taehyung and Jungkook get along better. Maybe letting him out last night wasn’t as bad as he thought. 

 

After Taehyung dropped Jimin off at his workplace, he went back to preparing his surprise. Even though he’s asked for Namjoon’s opinions many times, Taehyung still wasn’t sure if it would be the best surprise. Namjoon was never one to really date. Taehyung would ask Jungkook, but he believed too many opinions would spoil the whole situation. And so he went with his instincts. 

 

Later that night, Jimin could sense Taehyung’s different behavior. He was awfully quiet. Jimin wanted to ask, but decided not to. Taehyung was probably just having a stressful day. 

 

When Jimin got in bed, he expected Taehyung to come right over and hug him, but that didn’t happen. He was kind of sad, and disappointed. Jimin thought of being the one who goes over, but then Taehyung had his back to him. He frowned, and turned off his lamp.

 

“Jimin,” Taehyung calls out. When Jimin turned over, Taehyung was right in front of him, all smiley. “So, I was thinking about this all day.”

 

Jimin wasn’t sure what to expect. From Taehyung’s odd behavior, he couldn’t tell if it was good or bad. 

 

“We’re going to Thailand next week!” Taehyung bit his lips nervously. He was excited for the trip, and hoped he had picked the right place. 

 

“Taehyung!” Jimin says, almost whispering. “Wait, really? But what about work?” 

 

“I’m sure your company won’t mind you missing a week or two.”

 

Jimin squealed, and jumped on Taehyung. 

 

“I’ve never traveled out of the country before!” Jimin gave Taehyung kisses all over his face. Taehyung just giggled quietly, and held Jimin. It would be their honeymoon, even if it’s been awhile since they got married.