Something New

Forced Ties

Forced Ties Chapter 10

 

Taehyung and Jimin returned to the city two days later. Taehyung wanted to leave right away, but Jimin convinced him to stay and get close to Jungkook again. It didn’t work though.

 

Jimin looked at Taehyung in confusion when his husband drove up into a new driveway. “What are we doing here?”

“Hmm? Oh yes,” Taehyung turns off the engine and looks at Jimin. “This is our new house.” 

“New house? What for?” Jimin asks as he steps out of the car. He followed Taehyung to the trunk to get out their luggages. 

“I don’t want you running away, thinking I still love Sora,” Taehyung teases Jimin and takes both suitcases inside. Jimin already likes the neighborhood, it was more lively. He actually saw people outside, compared to the dead silence they used to live in. 

 

There were two floors. On the first floor, was the kitchen, dining room, living room, bathroom, and a bedroom. Jimin spotted the two desks inside, and assumed Taehyung wants them to work together now. He walked up the stairs, and into the first room. It was pretty empty, there was not much too it. Before he went to the other side of the floor, he walked through a small hall. It led to the balcony, which was pretty big; the view was of the backyard. Jimin returned inside and proceeded to the next room. It was much larger than the others, probably the masters bedroom. He didn’t think much of the many items, telling himself that maybe Taehyung bought a few new things for himself. When Jimin exited and was going to go to his room, he realized, that was the last room upstairs. Jimin hurries back to the masters bedroom to take a closer look. He opened the drawers and found his clothes neatly folded inside. In the corner, was another bathroom. Jimin ran inside and saw all of his toiletries. 

 

“Taehyung!” Jimin shouts and makes his way back downstairs. “Why are my stuff in your room?”

“Why not? We are a married couple, and we should share a room, no?” Taehyung replies nonchalantly and continues to organize his bottles of paint. 

“But, there’s a free room. I can just use that room,” Jimin says, turning on his heels. 

“Baby,” Taehyung calls, stopping Jimin. “That room’s reserved for our children, and until then, it can be our playroom!” 

“Children? Playroom?” 

“Yea, I want five, but we can talk about that later,” Taehyung says, now sorting his sketchbooks and papers. “I’m gonna store my paints in that room. Feel free to put your things inside too.” He carried the boxes of art supplies and makes his way upstairs. “Baby, come with me,” Taehyung shouts as he starts going up. Jimin sighs and follows Taehyung anyways. 

 

“I’ve never seen you paint before. When did you even get these?” Jimin asks, notching the dried paint all over the bottles. 

“Not too long ago,” Taehyung answers and sorts his things out in the corner. Jimin looks around for a bit, wondering what he could use the room for. He wasn’t really sure, since what he loves doing was going to be downstairs. But of course he can still draw. He wasn’t particularly skilled in that area, it was much easier to do it on a tablet, but he did use to draw when he was younger. And maybe Taehyung could paint his drawings, it’ll be great to spend more time that way. 

 

“Jimin,” Taehyung repeats, shaking Jimin out of his daydream. “Don’t busy yourself tonight.” Then Taehyung returned to his art supplies. Jimin wasn’t even half listening, so he wasn’t sure what Taehyung was talking about. Shrugging, he walks out of the room. 

 

With nothing to do, he goes into his study. First thing Jimin did was open the window, breathing in the fresh air. The sun was just setting, shining a golden tone into the room. The walls were glowing, the sunlight bouncing off them onto Jimin. He opened his laptop, and checks his gmail. The next project he’d be working on, is the design of a new perfume. It’s suppose to be released in May for Spring, so for inspiration, Jimin went on Pinterest and searched up some floral designs. 

 

He’s been so caught up in brainstorming different ideas, that he didn’t even notice the now dark blue room. “Hey, what did I tell you?” Taehyung says as he enters the room. Jimin laughs awkwardly, eyes glued onto the screen. Frowning, Taehyung closed the laptop, then dragged Jimin out to the kitchen. “Hopefully you can’t taste the burnt-ness of it,” Taehyung chuckles, revealing some chicken over rice, and stir-fry bamboo on the counter. 

“I’d rather eat burnt food over raw food.” Jimin slides into a chair, waiting for Taehyung to follow before digging in. 

 

After they cleared their plates, Taehyung quickly collected the dishes and washed them. Jimin didn’t think anything odd of it, deciding maybe the guy was just in a good mood. He grabbed some strawberries, and found a comfortable spot on the sofa. With nothing interesting playing on T.V., Jimin went on YouTube to watch some speed art. 

 

A while later, Taehyung comes over, casually resting his head on Jimin’s shoulders. He steals a strawberry, tickling Jimin’s neck while doing so. 

 

“Hmm, so I was thinking,” Taehyung takes another bite of the red berry before continuing. “Where do you wanna go?”

Jimin raised a brow, pausing the video. “Go? What do you mean?” 

“Like, on a vacation,” Taehyung was now twirling the stem, eyes peering up at Jimin. 

“I’ve been wanting to go to Thailand, or Spain, or Greece, oh! Or the Philippines,” Jimin squeals at the thought of going to a different country. “Why are asking?” He looks down at Taehyung, hands playing with his long locks of hair. 

“Nothing, just curious,” Taehyung smiles afterwards, followed by a small giggle. 

“If you’re planning on taking me, don’t. It must be so expensive,” Jimin gets up to throw away the strawberry stems. “We can just go to a city here.” Taehyung’s smile disappeared upon hearing Jimin. He was now alone on the sofa, now that Jimin’s made his way upstairs. Turning off the T.V, Taehyung hurries after him, remembering what he had planned. 

 

Spotting Jimin at the doorway, he smiles to himself and hugs him from behind. “I wanted to try something,” Taehyung says softly, swaying them both side to side. Jimin scanned their bedroom. It was lit with scented candles, rose petals on the bed, and fairy lights hanging within the curtains. It was corny, but warmed Jimin’s heart knowing Taehyung did this for him. 

“Taehyung, I like it,” Jimin smiles, and turns around to face Taehyung. They stood still, and looked into each other’s eyes. Taehyung tightened his hold of Jimin, then slowly, presses his lips on his love’s.