Lost and Found

Forced Ties

Forced Ties Chapter 5 : Lost and Found

 

“Taehyung, I’m pregnant,” Sora says, breathily. 

“Pregnant? No no no no, are you sure?”

“I took a pregnancy test Taehyung, I’m not joking,” his girlfriend tells him angrily. Taehyung brushes his hair back, not believing what he was just told.

“, you can’t get rid of it?” He tries suggesting.

“No! It’s my child! I’m not going to get an abortion!” Sora whines through the phone. Taehyung groans quietly, resting his head on the wall. 

“You have to, I’m married, I can’t let my parents know I knocked some other girl up,” Taehyung half shouts, trying to keep his calm. 

“What about me? Who’s gonna care for me and our child?” The moment she said “our,” Taehyung knew he messed up. Sora wants to keep it, and obviously wants Taehyung to be part of the baby’s life. “You’re gonna have to marry me.”

 

He couldn’t believe it, in one night, he manages to lose his husband to his best friend, and become a father. Taehyung  had set himself up for hell, because of his stupid actions. Sora being the spoiled she is, will not let him walk freely. He was chained to her, and should’ve taken the chance to free himself. As much as he tried calling Jimin to come home, he never picked up. Taehyung tried Jungkook, and Jin, but Jin only told him it’s what he deserved. 

 

Taehyung thought of how sweet life was before he had grown up. Being able to live freely, hang out with his friends, and be happy. Now, he’s at the age for marriage and starting his own family. He can’t even properly take care of himself, how is he going to care for his future children? If he can wish for one thing, it would be to stay young forever. 

 

Trying to forget everything, Taehyung drove to the beach. He sat in his car with the windows rolled down, smelling the fishy air, and allowing the wind to lift up his hair. Sora kept spamming his phone, about marriage and stuff. This marriage was starting to annoy Taehyung. Having a partner can be so difficult, he just never seems to fit perfectly with anyone. Maybe that was why he was never interested in dating. 

 

Taehyung was in no mood to start sobbing, but just watching the kids play in the sand reminded him of his childhood. Even though they were a bit too old to be goofing off like kids then, Jungkook and Taehyung loved the ocean. They would run in the sand near the sea, sometimes with their dogs, sometimes with little kids. It was fun, just the two of them. But now, he can’t even do it again, since he’s allowed a single person to come in between them. It was no use, tears began to roll down his cheeks. Taehyung sobbed helplessly alone in his car. He pressed his hands against his mouth, attempting to muffle his cries. 

 

“Taehyung, hey.” He blinks a few times upon hearing a familiar soft voice. The gentle shaking brought him back to reality. “Are you okay?” Jimin asks. Taehyung realizes he was crying in his sleep, embarrassed, he wipes the tears and sits up. 

“What- what are you doing here?” He asks, remembering that Jimin had stormed out of the house. 

“I,” Jimin looks away for a second. “I was being immature, so I came to apologize.” Taehyung was slightly surprised, he expected Jimin to stay over at Jungkook’s for a few days. “But, are you fine? You were crying pretty loudly.” Embarrassment filled Taehyung again as he was reminded of his dark dream. 

“Yea, I’m fine,” Taehyung whispers. Jimin stares at Taehyung for awhile. He was curious to what Taehyung dreamt about, but it wasn’t any of his business. From the amount of time he spent with Taehyung, Jimin had concluded that Taehyung is actually pretty fragile sometimes. He must’ve gave more than take when he was young. 

 

Jimin snaps out of his thoughts and heads to his bedroom. Taehyung watches Jimin leave, tempted to call out for him. Silence filled the room again, Taehyung hugs the throw blanket next to him, looking up at the stairs. “.” He checks his phone, making sure Sora didn’t spam him anything about a baby. He sighed when he sees that her last text was just an “I love you.” 

 

It was already late into the night, but Jimin still feels wide awake. Even so, he turned off his lights and slips into his soft bed. He entertained himself with boring games on his phone, ignoring Taehyung’s nearing footsteps. Without saying anything, Taehyung joins Jimin, hugging him closely. Jimin was confuse, but didn’t ask Taehyung anything since he was crying earlier. The blue light disappears, and the couple decreases the space between them. 

 

It was nothing new when Jimin woke up to an empty bed again. “He must’ve gone to work already,” he thought to himself, pulling the covers over his head. 

 

Taehyung had woke up a few hours earlier, but not for work. He spent a good thirty minutes staring at Jimin before getting dressed and heading out. Hoseok had left many voicemails for Taehyung, but he was not interested in listening to them. He only had one goal. 

 

“Taehyung!” Sora exclaims, meeting Taehyung at her door. He smiles, but stays outside. “Did you miss me?” Taehyung shifts a bit, before answering her. 

“Sora,” his tone removed the smile on her face. “We should stop seeing each other. I’m a married man, you can find someone better than me.” Sora froze, her eyes became glossy, and the energy she had disappeared.

“But- but Taehyung, I love you. You’re perfect for me,” she says, choking on her last words. Taehyung sighs, and looks around. 

“I know, but you’re just not the one for me. I’ve already found my perfect match, I can’t be playing games like this.” When Taehyung’s eyes returned to Sora, he wanted to kill himself. She was bawling her eyes out, and shaking, her hands rose and reached for Taehyung. He grabed them, and returns them to her side. “I’m sorry, but it was going to end later anyways. I don’t want to hurt you anymore than this,” Taehyung says and steps back. He didn’t even wait for her reply and left, shoving his hands in his jacket pockets. When he got in his car, the first thing he did was block her. It was better than giving her a chance to contact him again. There was another miscalled from Hoseok, which reminded him that there was a pile of work waiting for him. 

 

Hoseok threw a bunch of questions at Taehyung once the guy got to his office. “You’ve been out for so many days now, and when you’re here you don’t do anything! What is going on anyways?” 

Taehyung slowly spins himself side to side in his chair, tapping his pen on his desk. 

“I was trying to find the finish line,” he whispers, but loud enough for Hoseok to hear. Thinking he’s crazy, Hoseok brushed it off and caught Taehyung up on what he missed. 

 

The past few days, Hoseok can say that Taehyung has become brighter and happier. He’s returned to working hard, and there were less distractions. Jimin has also noticed the same thing. Taehyung didn’t return to Jimin’s bed again, but he was less gloomy. He also stayed for breakfast, and dropped Jimin off at work every morning. “Make sure to call me when you’re off,” Taehyung would remind him before he gets out of the car. And every time he calls, Taehyung would be there in about ten minutes, spend about half an hour at home with him, then return to work. The days felt less empty, since Taehyung began to come home before nine. Jimin actually felt a bit bad, because it would seem like Taehyung’s very busying. Whenever he asked, Taehyung would just tell him not to worry about it. Jimin thought to himself that things must’ve been going well for him and Sora. 

 

“Jimin!” Jungkook greets as he enters Jimin’s office. “Are you busy right now? I’m craving shaved ice today, wanna go get some with me?” Jimin was about to leave in a few minutes, and if he goes with Jungkook, he wouldn’t have to bother Taehyung. 

“If you pay for me,” Jimin says, grabbing his stuff. Jungkook hums in response, taking the things from Jimin and walking him to his car. 

 

Taehyung checked the time, and waits for Jimin’s call. He waited, for a minute, then two, which became twenty. “Why is he not calling me?” Taehyung furrows his brows and looks through his phone. There were no miscalls, and no texts from Jimin. Without thinking twice, he decides to go to Jimin’s workplace. 

 

Jungkook had driven Jimin to his neighborhood dessert shop, and ordered one large shaved ice with condensed milk, red beans, peaches, strawberries, and chocolate pocky sticks. He grabbed two spoons for the two of them, and gives the dessert to Jimin first. He returns to the counter to grab the two chocolate cakes, and vanilla smoothies. “Wow, it’s been awhile,” Jimin says when Jungkook returned. 

“Yea, I should bring you here more often huh,” he replies and takes a bite of the shaved ice. While eating, Jimin examines the menu, deciding what he should bring home to Taehyung. 

 

Taehyung however was not very happy when he found out Jimin had left with another man. Although Jimin’s coworker didn’t give Taehyung a name, he knew that it was Jungkook. “Jungkook!” He shouts as he bangs on his friend’s front door. There was no answer, and then Taehyung realizes his car isn’t even in the driveway. He calls Jimin, twice, but there was no answer. 

 

Jimin made his final decision and bought a small vanilla cake with strawberries, two sugared donuts, and a small shaved ice. After ordering, he returns to his seat and finishes his slice of cake. Distracted by Taehyung’s desserts, he didn’t notice how Jungkook had quickly placed his phone back where it was before he took his seat. 

 

After a few minutes, Taehyung’s desserts were ready to go. Jimin smiles happily as he peers inside the cute paper bag filled with desserts. He placed the bag carefully on his lap when they got in the car, and checked his phone afterwards. “Oh, Taehyung called,” he says to himself, still smiling. 

 

Taehyung waited impatiently at home. When his phone rung, he answered within a second. “Ji-“

“Taehyung, are you off work yet?” Taehyung’s face softened when he heard Jimin, he sounded, excited. 

“I’m- yea, I’m at home,” Taehyung replies. His sharp eyes changed as curiosity overfills him from Jimin’s words. 

 

“You have something special for me?” Taehyung asks, tilting his head. 

“Mhm, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it!” Jimin exclaims, clutching the bag, trying to excite Taehyung with the crinkling noises.

“Are you almost home?”

“Yea, Jungkook’s dropping me off.”

Taehyung’s brows furrowed again, his grip on his phone tightening. 

 

When he heard the sound of a car, Taehyung jumped to his feet and raced to the door. Jimin waves to Jungkook as he drove off, then smiles at Taehyung, who was peeking out the front door. “When did you get home?” Jimin asks, pulling Taehyung inside. 

“Not too long ago,” he answers, then follows Jimin to the kitchen. One by one, Jimin takes out a dessert and sets it on the counter. 

“I didn’t know what you liked best, so I just guessed.” Jimin said and grabs a spoon for Taehyung. 

“Thanks,” he whispered back, taking a seat. “Wait,” he calls out to Jimin, who was already by the stairs. “Come eat with me.”

“Oh, I already ate with Jungkook,” Jimin tells him and continues to walk away.

“Well come talk to me, it’s boring without you,” Taehyung quickly says, hoping that would make Jimin stay.

“Really?” Jimin asks, almost scoffing, with a joking tone as he takes the seat next to Taehyung. 

“Yea,” Taehyung answers, not sure what Jimin meant. 

“Hmm, just I remembered when you didn’t want to talk to me at all,” Jimin reminds him. Taehyung stops chewing to think of it. 

“Well, that was then,” he stutters, looking down on the countertop. Jimin rested his head on his hand and continues to joke around with Taehyung. 

 

“You talk too much,” Taehyung said and shoves a piece of his donut in Jimin’s mouth. Jimin frowned at first, but then gladly ate it. He helped Taehyung clear his plate, then the two went upstairs together. Taehyung followed Jimin into his room, sighing loudly before throwing Jimin on the bed along with him. 

“Tsk, what are you doing?” 

“Sleeping,” Taehyung said, nuzzling against Jimin. 

“I still need to shower, and you need to brush your teeth,” Jimin implies, sitting up. 

“Then let me shower with you,” Taehyung whispers deeply, close behind Jimin. Jimin’s cheeks grew pink as he sat there, allowing Taehyung to get closer to him. “No answer?” Taehyung asks innocently now, resting his head on Jimin’s shoulder. 

“Go shower by yourself.” Jimin gently pushes Taehyung away and hurries off into the bathroom, making sure to lock it. Taehyung could only laugh to himself before going to his own bathroom.