Final

End Game

Wendy’s POV

 

“The winner is Taeyeon!” Wendy felt her face fall, but she clapped anyways. Taeyeon was an amazing singer and Wendy was glad she lost to her out of the other contestants. She watched as everyone began exiting the auditorium and she followed suit. She began walking away when she heard someone call her name. She turned around to see Sooyoung and Yeri. Wendy smiled, but faltered when she noticed someone was missing. I guess after giving her the cold shoulder, I shouldn’t expect her to come.

 

“Unnie, I can’t believe Taeyeon beat you. You were so much better. That contest was rigged. I’ll go give those judges a piece of my mine.”

 

Wendy laughed, “It’s okay Sooyoung. She was really good.”

 

“Yeah unnie. You both were great.” Wendy smiled at the youngest.

 

“Yah Yeri, we all know you have a crush on Taeyeon”

 

Yeri blushed as she denied the accusation. Wendy chuckled. She missed the two bickering. She was watching as the two argued when someone interrupted them.

 

“Hey guys, you mind if I talk to Wendy alone?”

 

Wendy turned around to see Seulgi looking at her with earnest eyes. Why is she so beautiful?

 

Yeri and Sooyoung nodded. As the two walked away, she could have sworn she heard Sooyoung yelling “Hwaiting!”

 

“Let’s go to our usual café?” Before Wendy could reply, Seulgi already grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the exit. The two walked in silence as Wendy stared at their interlocked fingers. Seulgi’s hands were warm and she didn’t want to let go. Soon they arrived at the café and walked in. The smell of coffee hit Wendy’s nose and she almost forgot how long it had been since she last came. After she stopped hanging out with Seulgi, she felt empty going to the café alone. Seulgi soon spoke up, “I’ll go get us drinks.”

 

Wendy nodded and a few seconds had passed before Seulgi coughed, “Uh Wendy, can you let go of my hand?”

 

Wendy looked down and realized she hadn’t let go. “Oh sorry.” Wendy blushed as she made her way to a table in a corner. She waited as Seulgi came back with two lattes. Wendy held her drink and took a small sip before settling the cup down. She watched as Seulgi did the same. They sat in silence for a few minutes. Wendy wasn’t sure what to say. I wonder if she’s going to ask me why I’ve been avoiding her. Does she hate me? I hope Irene isn’t mad that we’re together right now.

 

Wendy’s thoughts were interrupted when Seulgi spoke up, “Wendy do you remember the first day we met?”

 

Wendy felt a smile for on her lips, “You mean when I crashed into you?”

 

Seulgi smiled, “Yeah, and I went flying.”

 

Wendy blushed, “I said I was sorry.”

 

Seulgi shook her head, “I guess I should’ve taken it as a sign that I would be falling for you.”

 

Wait what?

 

Seulgi continued, “I know that Irene talked to you.”

 

“Seulgi, I-“

 

“Wait, let me finish. I didn’t realize it at first either. It wasn’t until you weren’t by my side that I started missing our texts, our coffee sessions and song writing. It wasn’t until Sooyoung gave me a reality check that I realized that what I was feeling was love.”

 

Wendy’s widened as she stared at Seulgi. Love?

 

“But, what about Irene?”

 

“We broke up when she realized that my heart wasn’t with her anymore.”

 

Wendy was shocked. She didn’t know what to say. She felt Seulgi grab her hand from across the table, “Please Seungwan, give me a chance?”

 

Wendy may not have won first place that day, but she won something better, Seulgi’s heart.

 

 

One year later

Seulgi’s POV

 

Seulgi groaned as the light shining through her window blinded her. She was about to reach for her phone when she noticed a weight on her arm. She looked to her side and smiled as she used her free hand to brush the hair away from Wendy’s face. She watched as the smaller girl’s face scrunched and opened her eyelids.

 

“Morning Wannie. Aren’t I supposed to be the sleepy head?”

 

Wendy snuggled closer before whispering into Seulgi’s ear, “Yeah, but you’re so warm. I don’t want to get up.”

 

Seulgi could feel her body heat up as Wendy’s lips grazed her cheek.

 

“W-we should get up. We told the others we’d meet them at the mall in an hour.”

 

Wendy whined and reluctantly got up after a few minutes, but not before giving Seulgi a quick peck on the lips. Seulgi smiled as she watched her girlfriend walk to the bathroom.

 

 

Irene’s POV

 

“Where are they?” Yeri was impatiently tapping her foot

 

“Probably getting it on before coming, if you know what I mean.” Sooyoung wriggled her eyebrows

 

“Language!” scolded Irene

 

“Oh c’mon unnie. We know you and Jennie are the same.”

 

Irene blushed and shook her head at the youngest. After her breakup, Irene took some time to heal emotionally. She wasn’t sure if she was ready for someone else just yet until Jennie came along. The two met at the supermarket when Irene was buying more laundry detergent. She saw one bottle of her favorite brand left and was about to reach for it when someone else grabbed it first. She was ready to fight for the detergent until she looked up to see a slightly taller girl. Irene was staring and her mind went blank. The other girl spoke first, “Oh sorry, did you want this?”

 

What kind of accent is that? She’s really cute. 

 

Irene couldn't think of what to say. The other girl stared at her awkwardly before handing her the detergent, “Here, you can have it.”

 

She was about to walk away when Irene realized she should say something fast, “Hey wait…” Irene smiled as she reminisced about her first encounter with her girlfriend. She soon returned to reality when she heard Yeri yell, “There they are!”

 

Irene turned to look in Yeri’s direction. She watched as Wendy and Seulgi bowed apologetically and smiled while walking toward them. Seulgi then leaned over to whisper something into Wendy’s ear and Wendy’s cheeks flushed. She smiled to herself knowing that Seulgi probably told Wendy how pretty she looked. She was happy for the couple. From the beginning, they were end game.

 

Author's note: Hey guys! Thanks for sticking around till the end. I know some of you came for Seulrene, sorry to disappoint, but I hope you still enjoyed the story.