First Day

End Game

Wendy’s POV

 

As the lunch bell rang, Wendy began packing up her things when she felt someone tap her shoulder. She turned around to see Seulgi smiling at her.

 

“Thank you for saving me from detention!”

 

Wendy laughed and replied, “It was the least I could do after I knocked you over. Sorry again for that.”

 

Seulgi beamed “It’s okay! Did you bring lunch today? Come sit with me and my friends!”

 

Wendy looked down, “Oh, it’s okay. I don’t want to intrude”

 

“What?! Don’t be silly! I’m supposed to be your tour guide remember.”

 

Before Wendy could say anything, Seulgi was already dragging her to the cafeteria.

 

 

“This is Sooyoung, she's a grade below us. The little one here is Yeri, she’s two years under us and finally, this is my girlfriend Joohyun, though she prefers going by Irene.”

 

“Oh an English name! I actually prefer being called Wendy.”

 

“Wendy! I’m Katie.” The youngest chimed in

 

“Katie?! Since when?” Sooyoung exclaimed

 

“Since I was born in England, duh”

 

Wendy was amused as she watched the two bicker.

 

“Just ignore those two, they’re like Tom and Jerry. Yeri isn’t actually born in England. She just tells people that so they think she’s cool. Nice to meet you and thank you for saving Seulgi from detention earlier” Irene smiled as she extended her hand

 

Wendy quickly shook the hand and stammered, “O-Oh it was nothing!”

 

As the group ate their lunch, Wendy couldn’t help but stare at the loving couple.

 

 

Wendy breathed a sigh of relief as the last bell of the day rang. Her first day was finally over.

 

“Seungwa – I mean Wendy! How did you like your first day?”

 

Wendy turned around to see Seulgi, “It was pretty good, really tired though.”

 

“Yeah, same. I can’t wait to go home and take a nap. Anyways, I’ll catch you later, Irene is waiting for me!”

 

Wendy watched as Seulgi ran down the hallway towards Irene. As she watched the two kiss, she felt a pit grow in her stomach.

 

Seulgi's POV

 

Seulgi woke up earlier than usual today and decided to head to school. She didn’t want to risk getting detention again. Wendy couldn’t save her twice.

 

As she walked into the classroom, she saw that there was only one other person in the room, Wendy. The girl was sitting in the back with earphones plugged in and writing in a book. Seulgi smiled as she walked up to the Canadian, but as she stood in front of the desk, the latter didn’t look up. She then bent down to wave and Wendy nearly fell backwards.

 

“Oh my gosh, you scared me!”

 

“Sorry! I was standing in front of you, but you didnd’t notice me so I waved. What were you doing anyways?”

 

Wendy quickly closed her book and squirmed in her seat, “Nothing really.”

 

Seulgi pouted and replied, “Oh, it’s okay if you don’t want to tell me.”

 

Wendy was quick to answer, “No no no! It’s just…”

 

The girl opened up her notebook to reveal what appeared to look like song lyrics. Seulgi’s eye widened, “You write songs?? Do you also sing?”

 

Wendy looked down at her feet, “Yeah, a little bit. I’m not really good though.”

 

“You should join our music club! We’re actually having a meeting today after school. You should definitely come and show us what you got.”

 

Wendy was silent for a minute before finally agreeing.

 

Seulgi beamed,” Awesome. You won’t regret it.”

 

 

Seulgi couldn’t believe her ears when she heard Wendy singing later that day.

 

“Wow unnie, you’re amazing”

 

Wendy blushed, “Thanks Yerim-ah”

 

Sooyoung clapped, “Yeah unnie, that was great. Seulgi unnie, you should close your mouth before flies get in.”

 

Seulgi hadn’t realized her jaw had dropped and quickly responded, “I can’t believe you told me you weren’t that good, you’re incredible!”

 

Wendy nervously chuckled, “Thanks guys.”

 

Irene spoke up, “You know Wendy, there’s a talent show in three months. You should really consider competing.”

 

Wendy seemed hesitant, but replied, “I’ll think about it. I’ve never sang in front of a large crowd.”

 

Sooyoung and Yeri then cheered for Wendy to sing another song. Seulgi joined the duo in encouraging the blonde. She watched in awe as Wendy belted out a note. The girl’s voice rang through the room and Seulgi almost didn’t notice how her heartbeat matched the fast rhythm – almost.