The Party

End Game

Seulgi’s POV

 

Wendy and Seulgi began spending more time together after school. The two would go to a coffee shop together and stay for hours as Wendy worked on song lyrics and Seulgi did homework. She had been spending less time with Irene and didn’t realize until her girlfriend pulled her aside one day.

 

“Hey, we need to talk.”

 

Seulgi raised an eyebrow, “About what?”

 

“You’ve been spending a lot of time with Wendy lately. It’s like you’ve forgotten all about me.”

 

“What?? Never. It’s just because she’s new around here and her family isn’t around. I didn’t want her to feel lonely. I’m sorry.”

 

Irene’s eyes softened as she pulled Seulgi into a hug and whispered, “Well, how are you going to make it up to me?”

 

Seulgi shivered as she pulled away, “Well, I have a reservation for two at a Korean bbq place this evening. I wasn’t sure who to take.”

 

“Yah, you made a reservation for two just so you didn’t look like a pig eating two portions of beef right?”

 

Seulgi laughed, “Of course not, but if you offered your portion, how could I resist?”

 

Irene smiled at her girlfriend and accepted the dinner date, but she couldn’t help still feeling unsettled.

 

Wendy’s POV

 

Saturday had rolled around and everyone was gathered at Irene’s house. The five had decided on Winnie the pooh onesies. They decided that it would be easier to find each other that way during the party. Sooyoung helped everyone with their makeup and soon they were off.

 

“Whose party is it anyways?” Wendy asked

 

Yeri responded, “Chanyeol. He’s a senior. His younger brother Mark invited me and I said I’d only come if I could bring my unnie’s.” A few minutes later, they arrived at the party and split up. Seulgi and Irene went to go get a drink while Wendy, Sooyoung and Yeri decided to hit the dance floor.

 

Clarity was playing and everyone was singing. Irene and Seulgi came back with solo cups just as the beat dropped. Wendy looked at Seulgi as she sang, "If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?" She then grabbed Sooyoung and they started jumping. The group danced to more songs and Wendy couldn't remember the last time she had so much fun. She then heard the DJ speak into the microphone, "Alright ladies and gents, the next one is Ariana Grande's Greedy."

 

"OH MY GOD." Seulgi yelled as she grabbed Irene and the two started dancing

 

Yeri screamed, “WOOOOO, GO UNNIE.”

 

Wendy couldn’t keep her eyes off Seulgi as she watched the girl’s hips move to the beat of the music. She felt her cheeks heat up and looked away. I need a break. Wendy grabbed Yeri and told her that she needed to go get a drink. Yeri nodded and Wendy made her way to the kitchen.

 

She was opening the cupboards looking for a cup when someone spoke up behind her.

 

“Need one?”

 

Wendy turned to see a boy handing her an empty cup.

 

“Thanks.”

 

Wendy began pouring herself some punch when the boy spoke up again, “Are you enjoying the party?”

 

“Yeah, it’s my first party in Korea.”

 

“Oh really? Well I’m glad that mine was your first.”

 

Wendy looked at the boy curiously, “You’re Chanyeol?”

 

The boy smiled, “The one and only.”

 

“I’m Wendy. We got invited by Mark, well Yeri did and she brought us along.”

 

“Oh Yeri. I know her. Mark talks about her all the time. They’re in the same class. Don’t tell her I told you that.”

 

Wendy smiled, “My lips are sealed.”

 

The two were busy chatting and she forgot how long she had been gone.

 

 

Seulgi’s POV

 

The song had ended and she decided to take a break. She scanned the room and saw Sooyoung and Yeri, but noticed that Wendy was missing. Seulgi ran up to the two, “Hey, where’s Wendy?”

 

“Oh, I think unnie said she was going to get a drink.”

 

Seulgi told the others that she was going to go check on her. She walked to the kitchen and stopped when she saw Wendy with Chanyeol. The two were laughing and Seulgi couldn’t help but feel her heart start to ache.

 

 

Irene’s POV

 

“Hey guys, I’m going to go find Seulgi and Wendy.”

 

Sooyoung and Yeri simply nodded as they continued dancing.

 

Irene weaved her way through the crowd and walked towards the kitchen. She stopped when she saw Seulgi standing in the doorway. She looked at Seulgi then turned her attention to what the girl was staring at: Wendy and Chanyeol. She saw the way Seulgi’s eyes lingered on Wendy. She bit her lip before speaking, “Seulgi, did you find Wendy?”

 

She watched as Seulgi jumped before turning around. Wendy and Chanyeol also looked up.

 

“Oh my gosh, sorry. I came for a drink and got caught up chatting with Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol smiled, “Hey, hope you’re all enjoying the party”

 

Irene put her arm around Seulgi and noticed how Wendy looked at them, “Yeah, thanks for the invite, but I think we’re going to get going soon though.”

 

Seulgi looked at her “Really? now?"

 

“Yeah, I’m not feeling too well.”

 

“Oh okay. Wendy, you can stay with Sooyoung and Yeri. I’m going to take Irene home first. Text me when you guys get home.”

 

Wendy nodded as the two left the party.

 

Seulgi decided to stay over and quickly fell asleep. Irene turned to wrap her arms around Seulgi. She thought about how Seulgi looked at Wendy earlier that night and wrapped her arms tighter around the girl. Even though she was holding her close, Irene could feel Seulgi slipping away.

 

 

In the following weeks, Irene watched as Wendy and Seulgi got closer. Wendy agreed to compete in the talent show and the two had spent most of their time practicing songs together. Seulgi and her still had their usual dates, but they soon started to decrease. Their phone calls and text messages also started diminishing. Irene decided that she had to do something about it and the following day after school, she pulled Wendy aside and told her that they needed to talk. Wendy nodded and the two walked to a nearby café.

 

“What is it unnie?”

 

“Seungwan-ah.”

 

Wendy raised her eyebrows. Irene never called her by her Korean name.

 

“Please let Seulgi come back to me.”

-------

Author's note: I just love Seulrene's Greedy performance