The Promise

The Boy Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The four year old Sarang ran into the beach as soon as they entered the house. Dara had to ran after her afraid that she just might jump into the water on her own. She spent most of her younger years in Korea but they do come home whenever Dara’s schedule allows it. She still works as an actress but she now has a business of her own and she is juggling her time between her kid and her business. Whenever she feels stressed out she still comes here to see the ocean. Zambales is her second home and she would like her child to feel the same way.

“Nanny Mia please prepare snacks and milk for Sarang.”

“Yes we’ll do what about for you what would you like to have?”

“Nothing for me.”

“Dara no! You look so thin I will prepare something for you too!”

“Okey nanny anything you say!”

Sarang was running along the beach playing with the sand when she finally caught up with her.

“Omma omma crab?” she pointed at the tiny crab in the sand.

“Neh baby crab. You like crab Sarang?”

“Neh omma,” Sarang smiled up to her mom and Dara had to smile she has his smile and as the days pass she is looking more like him in so many ways.

She looked at the beach and the waves as she walked with Sarang holding her tiny hand and wondered how he was doing. She immediately dismissed the thought as soon as the baby looked up to her and asked.

“Omma where appa?”

“Appa is far far away. Wei?”

“I want appa like that ,” she pointed at a father who was holding his baby girl walking along the beach.

“Omma is here, I can also lift you up,” she lifted her up, “see omma can do that to Sarang too you know.”

“Neh omma wonder woman!!!” she raised her hands up as if flying.

“Neh omma wonder woman and Sarang supergirl!!!,” she lifted her up and made her feel like she is flying.

“Omma sarang hungry uyu! (milk in Korean)” Dara finds it so cute whenever she pouts like her father like she’s doing now and she cannot resist but kiss her in the tummy and the baby giggled.

“Uyu it is baby girl come let’s go home now,” as they made their way back to their house.

Just next door –

“Grandma!!!” Jiyong leapt out of the car as soon as he saw his grandma’s house.

“Jiyong welcome back! Why did you not tell me you were coming back!!!”, grandma Lolly hugged him. He was in corporate attire and his grandma had to look at him one more time before hugging him again. He looked so dignified and much more good looking than before.

“Well I wanted to surprise you – its been 4 long years since I last came here and granny you have more white hair now than ever before," he said jokingly.

“Well I am old. But how have you been? I heard you now own a trading company? And your mom said you wanted to open a branch here? Is that the reason why you are wearing a corporate attire?”

“Well yes I had to attend a meeting as soon as arrived in the country. I do have a trading company in the States now but I wanted to branch out into manufacturing garments and Philippines has some of the best sewers in the world so I am expanding here.”

“Does that mean you will be living here?”

“Well I will be staying here more often.”

“Oh I am so happy Jiyong!!!”

“Me too grandma, me too I miss this place,” he looked out on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter