Letting Go

The Boy Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dara Dara!!!” Jiyong jumped over the fence to get to Dara.

He hugged her and kissed her as soon as he saw her.

“My mom finally agreed to allow me to stay here I will be staying Dara. We can now be together,” he happily told her.

“And how are we going to live?” Jiyong suddenly realized Dara was not smiling she was just looking at him.

“Why aren’t you happy we can now be together?”

“No Jiyong I want you to go back to the States.”

“Why…what we just had a great time together, what wrong?”

“I can’t be with you knowing you are going to ruin your future for me – your life is in the States, you need to go back there and study.”

“Dara I can study here what is wrong why are you like this?”

“Because as an adult I know that love is not the only thing needed to make a relationship work. How do you expect to feed me? What about career don’t you have any dreams of your own? Do not cling to me like a baby and not realize that life is not all about love. Love won’t bring the food on the table, it will not pay for the rent, nor give you your dreams.”

“No you are everything to me! I don’t need anything else.”

“That is the child in you – you don’t understand that in love you need to be realistic that you cannot have anything thru love alone.”

“Does that mean you don’t love me? You want me to leave? Say that to my face and I will leave you.”

Dara was trembling and her tears were falling but she took a deep breath and looked him in the eye, ”Yes Jiyong I do not love you.”

“Liar, you are lying!!!” Jiyong started crying.

“No I a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter