The Boy Next Door

The Boy Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sandara Park,25, a popular Kdrama actress opted to move back temporarily to the Philippines to rest. She bid goodbye to her career saying she is stressed out. She bought a place near the beach several years back and has decided to live there. Zambales (a coastal area in the Philippines) was her first home when her family tried finding other means of earning a living. She knows the place and she loves the beach and she has always kept a house there. She has decided to go back not because she’s stressed out but that she needed to nurse a heartbreak.

“Oh nanny Mia I am glad to be back!!!” she raised her arms and took a deep breath. This is what I need at the moment – she told herself. Away from the camera, the crowd and that person who’s hurt me the most.

“Sandy why don’t you rest a bit and then swim later on, you came in the best time – imagine its summer and it’s great that you can enjoy it here. “Nanny Mia said as she placed a glass of orange juice on the table in the veranda where Dara was sitting.

“Oh my nanny I did not realize that we have a neighbor already? That’s a great looking house they’ve built.”

“Oh it’s owned by an old lady whose retired I think she’s considered it as her retirement home.”

“Well who wouldn’t consider the Philippines a retirement place – the people are great, the food is great and the beach –I’m so happy to be back here.” She smiled.

 

 

 

 

“I’m very happy you chose our country to live in.”

“Nanny Mia what are you saying I’ve spent most of my childhood here so here is where my heart belongs – really!”

“Is that really the reason you are here?”

“Ani I won’t lie I … I needed to stay away.” She bend her head and a tear fell from her eyes – she cannot forget…its just to hard.

“I understand my dear – I understand but what about your career – you love being an actress and a singer.”

“I’ve lost my interest and right now as we speak I would rather sleep all day near the beach than spend a moment in the limelight.”

“Well then welcome back Dara.” Nanny Mia hugged her.

The next few days were spent re-acquainting herself with the place – she wakes up swims or walks along the beach. She reads a lot and spent time to finally see the movies and kdrama she was not able to enjoy while being busy with her career and her life in Korea. It didn’t take long for her to develop a routine that she relaxed her mind and her heart.

“Grandma I’m okey,” young Jiyong (19 year old, half-American half Filipino and one fouth Korean – father’s side) was complaining to his grandma as she tried to wake him up for breakfast.

“What okey you look a mess ! When did you last take a bath? You don’t eat – just drink beer, what okey? Get up! Get up now and have breakfast or I will send you back to the States – you choose!” his grandma stood beside his bed with her hands to her waist.

“Okey okey I will go…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter