Lovers On The Top of The Mountain

The Boy Next Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong was watching TV the next day – feeling lazy and down. He did not come out to jog that morning. He felt bad that Dara did not recognize the fact that he is no longer a boy and she refused to hike with him. He was startled when he heard someone knocking at the door. He was surprised to see Dara when he opened the door.

“Good evening Jiyong.”

“Good evening.” He looked down after greeting her.

“I did not see you this morning and was wondering if you got sick or something.”

“Ahh no I just – my alarm did not ring today so I missed waking up early,” he replied.

“Oh I well I thought about the offer you gave me the other day to go on hiking and well can we go hiking together?” his face lit up and he smiled at her widely.

“Of course we should go hiking together!!! Wait let me… let me prepare for it and we can plan it out together tomorrow after jogging so we can list down the things we need to bring…” he was so happy he was panicking. Dara laughed at how cute he looked panicking in front of her.

“No no its okey its not as if we will hike tomorrow and yes we can plan it out together tomorrow okey?” she smiled up to him.

“Yes – yes tomorrow I promise to be at your door by 5AM.”

“Okey see you.” She smiled at him. And he felt like his heart is about to come out of his shirt. It was pounding so hard he cannot breath.

They started trekking at the dawn three days after. They were pretty much alone in the path they’ve chosen and had plenty of chances to talk.

“So what made you come back to the Philippines?” Dara asked first.

“I needed to stay away from my mom she’s really mad about some of the things I got involved in. “

“Ah so you’ve been a very naughty boy,” Dara laughed.

“You can say that hehehe but not bad just naughty,” they both laughed at the thought.

“I’m sure that with your looks you’ve got plenty of girlfriends back in the States.”

“Well I dated a lot I cannot deny that but I never really had a steady girlfriend.”

“Never fell in love before?”

“Yup! NGFSB!!!”

“What’s that?”

“No girlfriend since birth hahahaha…” he gave her naughty smile.

“Ommo ommo you really are a naughty boy…” she continued to laugh. “Well I guess boys like you don’t really…”

“Men like me not boys…”Jiyong corrected Dara who was a bit taken aback by the comment

“Well young men like yourself don’t take relationships that serious at this stage.”

“Not really I have not yet met the person who would convince me that love isn’t that complicated.”

“I don’t believe you, maybe you’ve just been rejected before that’s why you wouldn’t want to take relationships seriously.”

“No not really there were points in my life where girls follow me around but that's in the past. I have not met a woman who I have fallen in love with. Well maybe until…”

“Oh well I am sure you will find her soon enough.”

They reached the top of the mountain and had a lot of photo ops. Dara was so happy to breath the fresh air and see the sun shine in this part of the mountain- it was beautiful.

“Ain’t this beautiful,” she raised both her hands in awe as she looked at the sun starting to shine.

“Sure is…” Jiyong looking at her and not the scene, “nothing compares to this beauty.”

Dara noticed that he was not looking at the view, " Hey eyes in front ( as she pointed at the sun that is rising in front of them)."  

"Ahhh yes - that is beautiful," Jiyong said but for him it was not for the view but for the lady beside him.

They were on their way back and Dara was talking as she was walking. She didn’t see the uneven footing in front of her and she bent her ankle, “Ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter