Getting Sick

Appa?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m so sorry.” You could not believe that you had forgotten about your date with Yongguk, when he was suddenly standing in front of your door. During the last weeks you both had texted a lot and also met up a few more times, and by now you both felt like you knew each other for way longer than it actually was true.

You had Minki on your arms who had been sick since a few days and did not want to be alone. Yongguk could see how sorry you were about forgetting him and just shook his head while he let out a soft chuckle.

“It’s totally fine, don’t worry. It must have been hard to be alone with him like this.” Eyeing the little boy on your shoulder he reached out to pat Minki’s head.

“Hey big boy, I hope you will be all healthy again really soon, okay?” Turning his attention back to you he smiled softly.

“I really hope he will feel better soon, just call me when you have time again?” With that he turned away to leave, but you still felt bad for making him come to your place, so you reached out to stop him.

“Wait, I- do you want to come in? At least have some coffee or tea before you leave again?” You were hoping he would stay, after all you had looked forward to your next date and had missed him too, even though Minki had made you forget about your date.

Smiling brightly when he said yes to coffee, you turned around to go back inside again, before you stopped in the hallway to wait for him to follow you.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t really have time to clean up.”

Yongguk could see what you were talking about, as there were quite a few toys laying around in the living room, while the couch looked like you both had been living there for the last days. Shoving away lots of pillows and a few blankets, you motioned for him to sit down on your couch before you sat beside him.

“Minki, do you want to show Yongguk hyung the book we were looking at just now? I am sure he can continue reading it for you while I prepare some drinks, hmm? What about a nice hot cocoa for you?”

The sick boy’s eyes lightened up at the sound of the sweet treat, so he nodded and reached out to grab the book that was lying under a pillow. Only then you realised that you had not asked Yongguk if it was okay for him to stay alone with Minki for a short while and even read a book for him. However, when you saw the look in Yongguk’s eyes, you knew that the male was more than pleased to spend time with your son like this.

“Thank you.” You still had a smile on your face, as you got up from the couch, while Minki was scooting nearer towards the older man and hold out his book for him.

Yongguk was just smiling back at you and turned towards Minki to pull him onto his lap.

On your way out you could hear the - by now familiar -deep voice reverberating through the room.

Being alone even for a few minutes gave you a moment to relax, knowing that Minki was okay with Yongguk ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter