Family Outing - Trip to the Beach II

Appa?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yaaaayyyy!” Seeing Minki run around the beach as if it was the best thing in the whole world, you followed him happily with Yongguk by your side.

“He really is the most excited I have ever seen him.” The male spoke with a chuckle, before he glanced at you and took your hand in his. “I am glad I can see you smile like this as well, I was a bit worried you would be still down from what happened earlier.”

“Minki really can make you forget about all the sad things so easily.” You responded and smiled at him. “Seeing him happy like this is the best thing for me.”

“You are right!” Yongguk exclaimed and fastened his pace to pull you with him as well. Soon you were running just as your son was, only for Yongguk to let go of your hand and catch the boy in his arms.

“Waaaah, I got you.” They both laughed out, with Yongguk only stopping a few meters away from the water. “Should we test how warm the water is with our feet?” He asked and carried the boy towards the water. “How about I test it first huh?” He smiled at Minki and took a few more steps until his feet were splashed with water as the waves kept coming in. “Ohhh, it feels a bit cold.” He chuckled and immediately stepped back again. The little boy started to giggle at his expression, so Yongguk playfully scrunched his nose even more, sending you a cheeky wink in the process.

Laughing you shook your head. “I don’t think it’s that cold, you are just a scaredy cat.” You grinned and stepped nearer to the water, letting it splash around your feet, while trying not to look too bothered by the cold.

Minki who seemed to be convinced that the water really was not as cold as Yongguk had made it seem, wiggled in the man’s arm. “Let me down, if eomma can stand in the water I can stand there too.” He exclaimed proudly and Yongguk quickly let him down so he could stand on the sand. “Oh? Is that so? Well then little man show me what you’ve got.”

Minki just shrugged his shoulder’s and boldly took a few steps forward only to shriek at the cold water rushing through his bare legs a few seconds later.

“Aahhhhhh! It’s so cold!” Stumbling back the boy glared at you. “Eomma! You lied!”

Biting your lip, you could not hide your grin and shrugged your shoulders as you stepped back to Minki’s side. “It really did feel colder than I thought, but it was refreshing right?”

Letting your hand glide through his hair you caressed him lovingly. “Eomma is sorry Minki-ah, I promise I won’t do that again.”

 

 

“And then she stepped inside the water and pretended like it was not cold at all!” Minki exclaimed with protest in his voice as he explained Minhyun about your time at the beach. You had come back to the house just a while ago, after having a nice walk along the beach, but your son still was blaming you for letting him step into the cold water. Hearing Minhyun gasp and ask Minki to explain him everything, you knew that the two would be busy for some time, so you made your way to the kitchen to cook some instant ramyeon as your son had requested.

After all you were on a short holiday and for once you gave in to the boy’s wish to eat some instant noodles. Chopping some fresh green onions you had brought with you and putting some eggs inside as well, you cooked a big bowl so it would be enough for all of you.

“Hey, do you need help with that?” Feeling Yongguk’s presence next to you, you smiled instantly.

“Mhh maybe you could get the bowls for all of us? I mean the noodles are nearly finished and there is not much to do anyway.”

“Sure thing!” Yongguk answered you, but instead of walking away he only stepped nearer and pecked your cheek. “Sorry, I had to get that first.”

Your cheeks turning beet red immediately, you did not dare to turn around for a moment, perfectly knowing that the older had a smirk on his face.

“Eomma~~~ I’m hungryyyy!” Minki came running and only stopped right next to you, his eyes growing big. “Why are you so red eomma? It’s not that warm in here.” He watched you a bit suspicious.

“Did you already eat some of the noodles?”

Hearing Yongguk bursting out into laughter right after your son had voiced out his theory, you let out a soft but embarrassed whine, but thankfully got saved by Minhyun who had followed right behind the boy. “Ahh I don’t think your eomma ate the noodles, maybe it’s just red because she has her face right above the pot where the noodles are cooking, look there is lots of steam.”

Mouthing a thank you to your friend, as Minki made his way to the table, where Yongguk had placed the bowls by now, Minhyun just lifted his eyebrow as he looked at you pointedly as if he knew the reason behind your cheeks turning red.

 

 

“Eomma~~” Minki was stomping his foot for the tenth time, the boy getting more and more impatient as you took way too long in his opinion.

Somehow he just was way too cute right now for you to get annoyed by his behaviour, after all you could understand his excitement all too well, as you and your brother had been the same as kids whenever you had come here. “Alright Minki, how about you go out first and choose the perfect place for us? Eomma will follow you in a minute okay? I just want to make sure I have everything so I don’t need to come back here every few minutes. I am sure Yongguk or Minhyun oppa will join you in a second too.”

Seeing the boy tilting his head, he seemed to think about it for a moment, confused if you really meant it, after all you had explained to him several times that he was not allowed to go to the beach on his own and that he had to stay away from the water especially.

Luckily for him, Minhyun came down just then, with just a towel under his arm. “Alright, how about we two head out first? I can help you chose a good place and we already have my towel to sit on too. Do you have everything you need to build the sandcastle?”

Minki nodded excitedly as the two left the house without looking back at you. “I got my shovels and the bucket and some other stuff.”

 

Checking everything you had packed, you sat down for a second to think carefully, but once you were sure you had everything you might need in the next hours, you got up again to look for Yongguk who still had not come down. “Is everything okay?” Knocking on the half open door of the room, the older would stay in, you could see Yongguk flinching slightly, before he turned around swiftly with a crooked smile. “Ah yeah, it’s all good, I just- I just got a call from my mother that’s all.” He scratched his head before he turned around again to place his phone and a small box on his bed before he took a towel for himself.

“you, you will take your phone with you right? Because I think I will leave mine here, I don’t want to be on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter