The Beginning

Appa?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So how did you get to meet her?” Yongguk knew immediately what Himchan was talking about, and even though he did not feel like talking too much about it, he knew that his friend would not stay quiet till he got at least a decent answer.

“Actually, you know when I was uhm- not that…uh.. well, my mother brought me to church a few times, I met a few older women there and surprisingly in between them there was she, I only got to know her name the second time I met her. you was helping them out that time and well they started talking about her whenever they noticed that I was looking at her. It was fascinating to see her there to be honest. And yeah, I just found her nice and all, so they actually made me ask her out on a date.”

“ohhh, so your mother knows about her?” Himchan was surprised, but at the same time he was relieved that even during this time Yongguk had not shut himself away completely. Even though he did not knew what his friend had done during his break, it was relieving to know that his family had stayed beside him and that the break might have given him a new chance as well.

“Yeah. She does.” Yongguk coughed slightly, clearly remembering his mother’s happy face that he seemed to be interested in someone again. And at the same time, he knew that she would call him soon and ask how it went and if one thing was for sure then that his siblings would do the same as well. “I guess by now everyone of my family knows about her, I just hope they won’t interrogate her the next time they meet.”

 

 

 

 

“Eomma, how do you know if you like someone as a friend or not?”

It should not have been surprising, that Minki had not forgotten about your talk last night and it had been rather unlikely that he would not ask further, but while you were preparing the batter for your Sunday morning pancakes, you had not expected for it to happen so early in the morning.

Minki was sitting at the table, drawing in his favourite coloring book and just a few seconds ago he had looked so concentrated but now he was just staring at you. Turning around you carried the bowl towards the table to face him while talking.

“It’s not always easy to know that Minki-ah. There are many different ways, sometimes you can feel it right the moment you meet someone for the first time, and sometimes it takes a while. There are also people that are friends for a really long time and then their feelings change and they realise that it is different from what they felt before. It’s hard to know how the other person feels as well, feelings and preferences can always change. They can grow, but they can also disappear.” You stopped for a moment, since you realised that it might be too much for your son to understand.

“Hmm let me think, do you remember a few months ago, you didn’t like going to the kindergarten back then, because there was some new kids that you didn’t know, but now that you see them every day, you even started to play with them, right?”

“Yes, they are my friends

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter