Progress

Cupid? (EDITING)

 

 

After a few days of non-stop practicing, they were confident to say that they are ready to shoot their album jackets and music video.

The girls were notified that their music video has two locations. One is where they were like on a school of magic, the other one will be shot at night so that they can easily put CGs of the moon, stars and other heavenly bodies, which their group name has been derived from.  

They were now sitting in the dressing room as their designers and makeup artists were fixing their hairstyles and putting makeup on their faces.

They were talking amongst themselves as Bona was on the couch sitting, using her phone. She was the first one to be done and she was already bored. Styling the other members will take a long time so she presses the app that she downloaded a few weeks ago, and starts playing.

She is currently playing ROS, a game that is worldwide known and is similar to Counter Strike as it involves shooting and using a wide range of guns and it is also a multiplayer game. She has her earphones plugged in on her ears as she talks to one of her teammates, Jisoo from Blackpink.

Jisoo is known to be addicted to games as the girl herself has a computer where she plays all night as long as they don't have any schedule. So when Jisoo invited her to play even though she didn't know how, she still agreed because she really wants to befriend the girl because she is kind, and her talents and visuals are just part of the package.

She was laughing and pouting because Jisoo was making fun of her because she always dies in the game. She didn't sense someone staring at her intensely in the mirror as she was focused on keeping herself alive from the game and also talking to Jisoo.

"I thought you know how to play? Why do you always die?" Jisoo teases while still laughing over the phone.

Jiyeon pouts, and was supposed to answer when an enemy shot her character in the back. She hisses and makes her character duck, then switches on her scoop to see where the enemy is. When she spots the other playing crouching behind the tree, she shoots twice on the head. The enemy dies instantly. She chuckles again before answering,"I know how to. It's just that it was so long ago that I played this game." 

Jisoo only laughed in response and they continued playing for an hour until Jiyeon was called that they would start shooting soon.

She sighs and leaves from the game, "I have to go, Jisoo. I'll talk to you later again, bye." 

Jisoo only replies, “Have fun!” before ending the call.

She rises up, and tucks in her phone in her back. She heads to the door, not even feeling anything that someone was throwing daggers at her back. If only staring could kill, she'll be dead a thousand of times now.


They went to the garden of the site as the directors had planned that the beginning of the video would start there. They set up the lightings as Jiyeon went to her position in front of a wall that was completely covered with different colors of flowers.

The music started and Jiyeon’s demeanour changed to fit the feeling of the vibe that their music is about. She starts to lip sync on her lines while giving little gestures here and then. Because she wanted it to be perfect and be done on time, she was successful on her first take. The director clapped, stating that they are moving on to Jiyeon’s next scene. She smiles but it suddenly turns into a frown when the director calls out Hyunjung to the set.

With furrowed eyebrows, she asks, "Why are you here?"

Hyunjung shrugs nonchalantly, internally enjoying watching the nervousness swirling in Jiyeon’s eyes, "The director said to me earlier that I'll be shooting with you, for my scene."

"What would I do then?”  Then the black-haired girl pauses, “Wait, why didn't the director tell me this, but he told you?"

Hyunjung shrugs. “I don't know why the director didn't tell you about this.” She continues, “Regarding your first question, I think you will stand in front of me but slightly on my left and facing the side, not me." 

Before the shooting even started, the director had told Hyunjung of his plan in the video regarding Jiyeon. The director had ordered her to tell Bona and she agreed, but she intentionally didn't tell Bona so that she could see the girl's shocked face. And that is what she's seeing right now, cute.

She continued being serious as the camera had now started rolling, with Jiyeon preventing herself inside as she also kept her cool. Hyunjung's scene was also done in one take.

Jiyeon went away in a hurry when the Director had yelled "Cut!" She can feel her cheeks going warm so in order to distract herself, she immediately took out her phone and pretended texting someone. 

As Hyunjung saw this, she can't help but to frown. What is wrong with her? or me?

Sojung saw their interaction and she gulped hard, feeling a lump on , and looked away.


They moved on their next site where there are ten tables, which indicates that it's a classroom, and all of them are going to be classmates. As they sat on their designated chairs, Bona was doing a little dance on the camera, with Seola watching her at the back, absentmindedly smiling to herself.

The rest of the day was spent on shooting their music video with little breaks within every 2 to 3 hours. By the time they were finished, it was already midnight. They were all exhausted and sleepy when they arrived at their dorm, they all just took a shower quickly and went straight to their beds.


The sound of the floor creaking can be heard slowly as someone is tiptoeing to one of the rooms. The sound of crickets can be faintly heard outside due to some of their windows opened to let the cool wind go through. She slowly went in front of the door and opened it inaudibly and stepped carefully inside. She approached the bed of the peacefully sleeping girl and shook her body that was enough to wake her up..

The girl was ready to fight whoever it was who disturbed her sleep and propped her elbows and opened her eyes. The light on the room was dim but she could clearly see who it was. She stopped whatever foul words that were gonna escape out from .

"What are you doing here, unnie?"

"I can't sleep, can I stay here?"

Bona was at loss for words, she didn't presume that something would happen like this. She was engulfed in a trance and her mind began to wander again. She just returned to reality when Seola snapped her fingers in front of her face, assuming that she's dozing off to sleep for the second time.

"I'll repeat what I had just said, can I sleep here?"

But why here? Why me? She wants to ask but afraid that the older girl will be offended and go back to her room. So she agreed, good thing that they were curtains around her bed, and closed them.

She moved nearer on the side of the wall to give space to Seola so that she could lay down comfortably. She stared on the ceiling, trying her hardest to stop herself from staring at the girl on her side. She could hear Seola's breath and thought the girl had fallen asleep quickly.

Hearing Seola's relaxed breathing, it became a lullaby for her, as she was called into dreamland, again.


The faintly chirping of birds had woke Seola from her slumber. She squinted her eyes as she absorbed her surroundings. Last night's events had flashbacked into her mind, giving her a moment of confusion.

What the? She checked if it was really true and it was.

I normally go to Sojung when I can't sleep, but why did I go to her? It didn't help when her heart was also beating rapidly, more than usual. She put her hand on her chest feeling it.

I swear I'm more weirder than usual, should I go to the doctor?

But she's busy, so she decided that she'll go once her schedule has become more clear.

She rose up, I have to get away from here, this is embarrassing.

She stood up and went straight to her room, she concluded that she'll start getting ready, as this is the second day for shooting their album jackets. She took a quick bath and headed to the kitchen, and started preparing the breakfast for the other members.

The smell of eggs and bacon had the members head straight to the kitchen while rubbing their eyes, as the smell had caused their stomachs to growl. Bona was also awakened by the smell, both Exy and her went to the kitchen, seeing Seola preparing the plates while also flipping the bacon and eggs.

She is truly a wife material, whoever she ends up with is really lucky, they both thought, and their hearts had clenched because of it, but they put it aside.

They went to their seats and started putting food on their plates as they eat quietly, with Seola eating last. Once they were done, they put it on the sink and washed it and made a beeline to the bathroom as another day has come.


After an hour, they were all riding in the van going to their destination. All of them were quiet as they were all still exhausted because of yesterday except Bona who as usual, has many things running in her mind.

They had arrived on their destination after 30 minutes, all of them were half awake going down as they recharged themselves for the past half an hour in the van sleeping besides Bona who was wide-awake the whole ride.

They went straight to the dressing room for their clothes and hairstyles. Bona was the first one to get done as they play rock-paper-scissors on which the winner is the one who goes first, clearly she'd won the game. And now she's sitting in the chair with the stylist fixing her hair.

She brought out her phone and contemplated texting her friend, Jisoo because she didn't have the chance to call her new friend yesterday. And so she started typing:

Jisoo
Good morning!   
Good morning to you too, how was yesterday?
It was fine, I apologize for not contacting you yesterday, I was busy.
No it's completely okay, we're both idols so I understand. Do you wanna play?
Is it the game that we played yesterday? I'm in! 
 Just call me when you're ready. :)

 

After logging in into the game and calling Jisoo, she was playing again. Her face is so serious concentrating on the game but sometimes chuckling whenever she and Jisoo die. Jisoo was complimenting her that she improved a little bit and maybe she was playing yesterday, she can't help her ears  turn red because of the compliment.

This didn't miss on the eyes of Exy as she decided that she'll .

"Your ears have turned red, who are you talking to?"

She also glanced on her phone.

"And for the first time, you are playing. Since when did you play that?"

Thankfully she reacted quickly and muted the call but was still playing.

"I'm talking to Jisoo, and she was teaching me how to play this," she excused.

"Jisoo from Blackpink? When did you guys become friends?"

"About a week ago, she invited me to play with her and I agreed that's why."

She did not sense that their conversation had attracted all of the members attention, especially on Seola who huffed loudly before returning her attention on her phone. They were all done and Bona bid goodbye on the phone to Jisoo.

They shot their individual photos first, their 'classes' were the second and the group photos were the last to be taken.

She was always instructed to be on Seola's side whenever they took photos which had left her confused considering that it was not like this even for their past comebacks. She could only take a deep sigh quietly as she tried to calm her palpitating heart.

They were done after several hours and they are on their way to the second location of shooting. They had arrived after a couple of minutes and once again, they changed their clothes. The sight that welcomed them when they stepped outside was a forest, and a little fog produced by the mist.

They went to their positions as the individual photos were taken, followed by their 'classes', and of course, the group photos can't be left out. They were directed at a lake that they didn't know existed. They were all told to hold hands with Bona and Seola in the middle.

Internally, Bona was more nervous because she had to hold hands with Seola, her palm had started sweating even though it wasn't even hot. She tried to wipe it a few times but it started sweating again in just a matter of seconds.

 Think straight Kim Jiyeon, breathe in and breathe out, just like that, good. You're just gonna hold her hand, nothing more, nothing less.

She repeated this mantra on her head a hundred times but still it ended when she felt that familiar warmth on one of her hands, intertwining their fingers together. Instead of freaking out, she relaxed a little. She wanted to squeeze her hand but didn't, that would be weird for her.

After all, they were both known in the group who never did any skinship to each other but they were not on bad terms. She concluded that maybe the staff had planned this all, that maybe they were observing them together, she just sighed.

She shook her head slightly, to remove that thought in her head and posed to the camera. Couple of shots were taken and they're on their way to third place. They're a little bit drained but all of them were still smiling and laughing lightly on the van.

Some of them were skipping lightly when they got off the car, the sun was setting beautifully as its orange rays filled the sky, the sound of crickets can be heard as night was slowly approaching, marking it as the end of the day.

Their set has little lights as their props and soon, sounds and flashes of cameras clicking can be heard across the set. They were done on the individual photos and 'class' photos were now taken.

Luda, Dawon, Seola, and Bona got called out for the group photo. They sat on the floor as they waited for instructions.

"Bona and Seola, both of you sit on the blocks. Luda and Dawon, just pose on the floor, arasso?"

Several shots and the thing that Bona had dreaded came.

"Bona put your arm on Seola's shoulder and lean on her using your arm."

Bona tried to not overthink about it as she bit her tongue to stop her arm from shaking. Luckily, it worked. She leaned on her trying to think of many things so that it could distract her and not focus on staring on Seola's neck.

She stayed expressionless throughout the whole shooting, already betting that this will be repeated later.

Damn it, I'm right.

The photographer made them stand next to each other in the middle in the group photoshoot. When she saw the pictures, it even looked like they were a family with her looking like the dad and Seola the mom and the members as their children, she blushed at the thought.

Finally, after a long exhausting day, the photographer had announced that they were done for the day and complimented them that they all did a good job. They all thanked the staff in return and headed back on the van.

Bona checked her phone, 8:30. I'll just sleep at midnight, maybe Seola-unnie will go there again or not.

When they'd arrived, the same that happened yesterday repeated. With all of them washing up and heading to their beds. Bona was the last one to shower and it was already 11. Their dorm was now quiet, with two lights now only open, the bathroom and the kitchen.

She turned off the light from the bathroom, and went to the kitchen while drying her hair with a towel to make ramen since her stomach growled. She heated a pot with water  and waited on the table. She put the ramen on when the water was boiling. After 3 minutes, she placed the cooked ramen into the bowl and ate silently on the table while scrolling through her SNS.

After checking her accounts and leaving a few likes and comments here and there, she stood up and washed her bowl. With her hair slightly dry, she went to her bed and just laid down, staring on the ceiling. Hearing faint shufflings, Bona sat up waiting for it, clearly forgetting that she decided earlier that she should wait if by any case, Seola goes again to her room.

She can hear the footsteps now coming closer, Bona almost screamed if Seola's hand wasn't on to stop it on time. She removed her hand while signalling her to keep quiet.

"Unnie, you scared the hell out of me."

"I'm sorry," she chuckled slowly.

Bona can see that she was clearly tired from her eyes so she asked, "What are you doing here, unnie?"

"I had a nightmare and I can't really go back to sleep, can I sleep here like the last time? I don't know why but I'm still scared."

Bona noticed that Seola was shaking slightly, she moved from her spot and gave space to Seola and both of them laid down. She thought that it was gonna be like yesterday, but she was wrong. She felt a tap on her shoulder, she turned her head to look at Seola, "Anything you need, unnie?"

"Can we cuddle?"

This question was enough to make Bona's mind go haywire.

Snap out of it Kim Jiyeon, she's just scared that's why.

She could only nod as she spread her arms. Seola scooted closer and Bona's arm became her pillow, Bona put her other arm on Seola's waist. Seola had put her hand on Bona's waist, making her freeze.

Bona can hear her heartbeat beating faster, echoing in her ears.

Pray that she won't hear your heart beating this fast, Jiyeon.

But Seola can hear something beating faintly.

She wondered, why is her heart beating this fast? Just don't mind Hyunjung, her brain insisted. 

But Seola wanted to hear more of it and so she scooted more close, her warm breath now hitting Bona's neck.

Damn it, stop yourself before you could kiss her and end your friendship, Bona scolded herself.

She tightened her hug on Seola's body and her chin now on top of Seola's head, she smiled but sighed later on, I could get used to this every night, hugging you close to me.

She didn't know that below her, Seola was now getting more confused.

Why am I doing this? I never cuddled with anyone, not even Sojung, she questioned her mind but received no answer.

She could now only close her eyes as she listens to Bona's still fast beating heart with Bona also closing her eyes.

Their hearts beating as one as they both fall into sleep in each other's embrace in the darkness.