Normal

Cupid? (EDITING)

A week has passed and everything seems normal.

Sojung knows that it’s not true, and knows that the other members have not noticed it yet. She observes how Hyunjung acts, how she became more silent and even skipped dinner one night. She releases a sigh, deciding that she should talk to her best friend. But it also seems like Hyunjung isn’t the only one who is acting strange. She also observes Jiyeon  who also acts normal, except for the occasional glances to Hyunjung who doesn't even notice it.

She's at the living room at the moment scrolling through her SNS when suddenly, their manager called. Her members stared at her as she conversed with their manager for a minute. She hung up and stared at all the members, who in turn was also waiting on what she's about to say. 

"We're going to the company, to practice our choreography. We're leaving in 30 minutes, so go change now." Her voice firm as it resonates in the room.

All of them stood up and changed. After half an hour,  they began loading in the van. Jiyeon was curious as to why she ended up at the back with Hyunjung, again.

"Why am I in the back?" She asked, waiting for someone to answer her question.

Yeoreum replied, "Unnie, Sojung-unnie gave us a seating plan and apparently both you and Hyunjung-unnie are in the back." 

"Why do we even have a seating plan? We can just sit wherever we want." Jiyeon inquires, mentally face-palming herself because if the members didn’t have any suspicions, then they absolutely have now.

"Well we can't unnie, she's scary when she gets mad, and she said she decided to have a seating plan because we are so loud." Dayoung chimes in, leaning on Yeoreum’s shoulder.

As Sojung arrived, their loud voices turned into whispers and the leader glanced at her for a bit and smirked implying that she did that for the sake of her. She can only slump at her seat and stare at the window as the van goes. 

She observes in the corner of her eye what Hyunjung is doing. The oldest was also staring outside with earphones plugged in her ears as she bobs her head every once in a while to the music.She didn't realize that she fully turned her head as she continued to watch the scene in front of her. 

Her staring was only cut off when she heard Sojung's not so evil laugh at the row in front of her. She turned to Sojung and glared but it didn't stop her from laughing. Instead, the leader even laughed harder. She could only hiss as she went back on staring to the window. 

They all arrived after five minutes and Sojung's evil laugh was all that she could hear on her mind.

 


 

When they arrived at the company,  they headed straight to the dance studio. They were asked to sit on the floor as they listened to the song that they had recorded last week.  The song had started with Hyunjung's voice and Jiyeon can't help but be locked in the trance as she continued to listen to the song. Their vocals never failed to make the song feel magical and the latter smiles at this, humming throughout the song.

She just only went back to reality when their trainer spoke, "So I will teach you the dance and you should pay attention properly. Now, stand up."

They all stood up as their trainer played the video where dancers can be seen readying their pose as the member's name can be seen on their shirts, meaning that they would follow whatever the one with their names on their shirt doing. 

Hyunjung glanced at Jiyeon who was focused on watching the video with furrowed eyebrows. She unconsciously smiled while she was watching her, not noticing Sojung was watching the both of them, her gaze flicking from one person to the other one.

I hope you realize your feelings for her some day, unnie. 

When the video finished, they were each taught with their own moves. 

 


 

After two hours, it was safe to say that they memorized all of their moves and the only problem was their positions throughout the song. All of them were already sweating as they sat down and watched the video again while drinking on their own water bottles.

Once the choreography video was finished, they started practicing again. They decided to take a break when it was lunch, and their manager had ordered take out and they're currently on the floor, eating silently. 

When they were done, they rested slightly, giving time for Sojung to talk to Hyunjung.

"Hyunjung-unnie, can we talk?" 

The oldest just stares at her best friend, "We're talking right now, what is it?"

Sojung stares on the ground before answering, "I mean, like talk privately."

Hyunjung only nods, already on her feet heading to the door with Sojung behind her. She didn't miss Jiyeon's stare on her as they went out to the washroom. She locks the door behind her and stares at Sojung, waiting for her to speak. "What is it that you want to talk about?" 

Sojung asks hesitantly, knowing that Hyunjung can be a little closed off to her feelings, "Are you okay, unnie?"

Hyunjung’s eyes slightly widened from shock, but she clears to try and compose herself. "Of course I'm okay, why do you ask?"

Sojung sighs before answering, "Well, I've been observing you for the past week. You've skipped dinner one night because you fell asleep, which is unusual, considering that even if you're sleeping, the smell of food is enough to make you get up. And you become silent too when you are supposed to be the energetic one because you're the vitamin of the group."

She's really my best friend, she noticed quickly that something is wrong even if I tried to do it stealthily. But even I don't know what's wrong with me, should I tell her?

She deeply sighed and unconsciously fidgets her fingers, "To be honest, I don't even know what's wrong with me. There's something bothering me but I can't completely pinpoint the problem. There is a heavy weight in the pit of my stomach and I want it to be gone, but I can't remove it. I'm so confused because I don't know what to do about it," Hyunjung feels like she wants to cry but she refrains herself. This will pass.

Sojung felt pity. She wants to tell her that it’s her feelings for Jiyeon that is the mysterious thing that has been bothering her but she knows the confession should come from Jiyeon and not from her. So she hugs Hyunjung and pats her on the back. "Thank you for saying it to me, I'm sorry if I can't do anything to help you, but I hope you'll remember that we will always be here for you, no matter what. Talk to me when you already know your problem okay?"

Hyunjung returns the hug. "Of course, because you're my best friend, you'll be the first one to know."

Bestfriend? Why does it still hurt so much?

She could only smile bitterly, gulping in the lump that is stuck in as she continues to pat Seola’s back to comfort her. 

Hyunjung releases herself from the hug, inhaling lungfuls of air to compose herself, "We must go now, we have to practice again. The time for resting is already done." 

Sojung only smiles back.

They returned and they went to their positions as they got ready to practice, again.