Worry

Cupid? (EDITING)

16 years ago

Laughter of kids can be heard. They were either running around or playing on the swings in the playground.

On a bench, a kid can be seen sitting while swaying her feet as she her ice cream to prevent it from dripping on her hand and to her floral dress.

She was waiting for her mother who went to talk to someone on the phone.

After a few minutes, her mother came back, with a happy expression as she sat and said, "Jiyeonnie, do you know what a soulmate is?"

Her mother rarely asks her what she thinks of something so she grew more curious. She tilts her head, the ice cream dripping on her side. "What is it, eomma?"

Her mom who was still smiling continued, "A soulmate is someone when the moment you see them, even just by looking at their eyes, you already know that you're going to spend your life time with them. Some can find their soulmates while they are kids. Some do not know that their soulmate is already in front of them but chose to ignore the signs. Some don't even meet their soulmates and even marry the wrong person. Some spend years waiting and searching for them. But even if you spend years waiting for that person, you will understand that everything is worth it in the end. So just wait for your soulmate, arasso? Do not rush things for love can wait even if it tests your patience."

And the little girl nodded in understanding as she was still staring at her mother who was smiling happily as the words were slowly sinking into her mind that will be engraved forever.

Her mother just patted her head and held her little hand as she stood up and went home with her mom.

 


 

On their way to the hospital, Jiyeon keeps fidgeting her fingers on her lap as she stared at the girl on the stretcher who was sleeping peacefully.

After a moment of silence with the sound of the siren that they can only hear, Exy spoke first, "She will be okay, don't worry"

She pats her back, trying to comfort her.

Jiyeon could only nod as her mind went blank again.

 


 

Finally they had already arrived at the hospital, Jiyeon going out first as she looked around, making sure that there were no signs of paparazzi as the medics carried the stretcher with Seola as she and Sojung also rushed inside the hospital.

Sojung and Jiyeon were waiting patiently with their masks on their faces just to make sure that no one would recognize them, not in the hospital.

Good thing that it was almost midnight and there were not many people who were outside in the hallways to walk around.

Their manager came a few minutes later, slightly panting as he ran from the parking lot to the hospital room where they are currently checking up Seola.

As he saw them, he sat beside them as they waited for the doctor to go out.

After half of an hour of waiting outside the hospital room with their manager, the doctor finally went out of the room.

After they saw the doctor, they immediately stood up and waited for what the doctor had to say about Seola's condition.

"Are you the patient's family?" The doctor asks while looking through the chart.

Their manager spoke first, "No, I'm just her manager and these two are her bandmates." He said as he pointed on the two girls behind him.

He continued when the doctor didn't say anything, "I can't call her parents yet unless her condition is worse."

Now, the doctor understands the situation and said, " Her charts are showing that she is only physically tired and stressed and because of that she fainted, she doesn't have any illnesses and appears to be healthy. I think she should stay here for a day or two so that we can monitor her more and she can regain her strength. You can go inside now and I need to warn you that she is sleeping."

Their manager just nodded his head while saying a hushed Thank you to the doctor which he returned with a small smile and at the same time he ushered the girls inside as he closed the door behind him.

He turned to the girls and asked, "How did this happen? Your comeback is gonna be in a month and what if the company knows this? We will be scolded."

When he didn't hear any reply from the two girls, he sighed, his voice now soft, "I'm sorry, I know that it is nobody's fault. We can't prevent this from happening. I'll talk to the company and let them know. I'll handle this okay?"

As the girls nodded their heads, their manager continued, "I will go back to the dorm, Exy would you come with me? Get clothes for Hyunjung to change when she wakes up. Jiyeon you'll stay here while we go back, arasso?"

Jiyeon just replied a low Arasso, oppa as she watched Sojung and their manager make their way out of the door as Sojung spared her a glance with a little smile as she closed the door quietly.

Now with Jiyeon all alone in the room with the sleeping Hyunjung, she was nervous even though the other one is not awake.

She slowly went to the side of the hospital bed and took a seat on the chair on Hyunjung's side. She reached out a shaky hand to hold Seola's right hand and slowly intertwined their fingers, which fit perfectly as if they were molded together in the first place.

Her hands are slightly cold but it's okay, I'll still hold her hand, she thought.

She lets out a breath of relief as she put her chin on the bed and her eyes started to get sleepy as she was still holding the other one's hand as she said, "Get well and wake up soon"

Her eyes slowly closed as she drifted to dreamland.