Jealousy

Cupid? (EDITING)

She heard a low beeping of a machine on her left. She slowly opened her eyes and the first thing that she saw was the ceiling, a white ceiling.

She scanned the room, seeing that all the walls were also white. There on the left wall, was a window that is slightly opened allowing some air and light to go to the room. She realized now that she's in the hospital. She winces slightly as she sits up, noticing a big lump spread on the couch on the corner of the room, and the only thing that can be seen was the long hair nearly touching the floor. She placed her legs on the side of the bed as she tried to stand up, slowly walking to the couch to wake up the person who stayed throughout the night. She walked nearer to the couch and was about to shake the person when it stirred and turned around, her face now shown.

Hyunjung took a step back, realizing it was Jiyeon who stayed with her and a memory flashed in her mind that it was also Jiyeon who was shaking her before she passed out. She gazes at her, her chest heaving slightly as her eyes went to her face, those lips that seem like inviting her to kiss them.

Why am I thinking like this? she thought, putting her hand on her heart. Dug dug dug dug, her heart was beating rapidly. Wait, when did I feel like this?

She was still dumbfounded.

But she shakes her head at the thought and decides that it's not important right now because she needs to wake her up to let her know that she's awake already. She reached out her two hands to shake Jiyeon, who grunted in return and turned her back.

"Jiyeon, wake up." She mutters, her voice hoarse from the lack of talking for a few hours.

Just hearing that familiar voice made Jiyeon open her eyes immediately and sat up and turned her face, not knowing that Seola squatted and now their faces were close. They both froze at the proximity of their face, not anyone daring to move. Hyunjung's breath hitches at when she sees that Jiyeon's eyes stared at her lips for a few seconds before meeting her eyes. Both girls didn't back down from eye contact. It lasted for half a minute until Jiyeon averted her gaze and cleared .

"You're awake now unnie, how are you feeling?"

Hyunjung stood up and went to the bed, leaning her back against it. "I'm feeling okay now." She pauses for a second to play with her hands, avoiding meeting Jiyeon's gaze at her. "Why did I pass out?"

"Hmm, the doctor said you passed out because of fatigue and there's also nothing wrong with your health" Jiyeon replies while she was tying her hair. "The doctor also added that you can go home today or tomorrow. Sojung was here yesterday but she went back because manager-oppa told her to, maybe she'll come here later with the others."

Hyunjung who was watching how Jiyeon ties her hair just uttered an Okay.

Jiyeon who was not used to hearing that coming from Hyunjung fixed her hair quickly only to see that Hyunjung was staring at her intently. She gulped, not used to the staring, she once again cleared breaking Hyunjung's trance. "Are you sure you're okay, unnie?"

"Of course, do we have any food? I'm hungry." Hyunjung tries to change the topic, embarrassed at being caught.

"I'll get food downstairs, wait here unnie." Bona quickly says as she wears her slippers as she opens the door and gets out.

Hyunjung sighs, and closes because Jiyeon didn't stay long enough to hear what she has to say. After 5 minutes of waiting, someone hastily opens the door and four people are ushered in. Hyunjung's eyebrows furrowed, thinking they entered the wrong room but recognized it was four of her members wearing disguises. Surprised to see that Seola is now awake, the members squealed as they came closer to her.

"Unnie, are you okay now?" Eunseo said as she hugged Hyunjung.

Hyunjung just laughed, "Of course I'm okay, see these muscles?" she says while showing her arms causing the other members to laugh.

Exy looks at her quizzically, "We saw Jiyeon-unnie walking fast earlier, did something happen?"

Hyunjung who is still embarrassed at what happened a while ago denied, "No nothing happened, why are you asking me?"

Luda spoke up, "We were calling her earlier but she just passed us like she didn't even heard and recognized us at all."

Yeoreum added, "And did you know unnie? She had a blush on her cheeks and she was smiling widely. I swear Jiyeon-unnie might be crazy sometimes."

Hyunjung who was just listening to her members rants thought, do I really have that effect on her? Does she feel something for me? as more questions continue to fill her mind.

She wakes up from her reverie when Exy clapped her hands in front of her face. "Unnie, we were calling you five times already, do you want me to call the doctor? " She said seriously as the others were giggling.

Their laughter was soon stopped when Jiyeon appeared carrying a tray of porridge and bottled milk. "Oh, you guys are here already?" she asked as she put the food on the bedside table.

She just heard her members respond in unison a Ne, unnie as she went to the bathroom to wash her hands so that she'll be the one to feed Hyunjung.

But while washing her hands, she can hear a whining Hyunjung from the outside but it soon turned silent. She wipes her hand and when she went out and the disappointment on her face was evident as she saw Eunseo was already spooning the porridge and feeding it to Hyunjung who was huffing in return.

Her smile fell and her face turned serious as she went to sit on the couch with her arms crossed just watching the two. The three other members were watching the whole scene as they can see that there's a dark aura starting to come out from Jiyeon whose attention is just focused on the two on the bed. They waited ready to stop Jiyeon if she decided to throw a fit in the room. But they didn't expect what happened next. Jiyeon stood up and turned to her members, "I'll just talk to the doctor, can you call manager-oppa? Thanks."

The door closes rather harshly and the members just looked at each other not knowing that they got Hyunjung's attention who was done eating and now drinking the milk.

"What did Jiyeon say?"

"She said that she'll just talk to the doctor and that I should call oppa which I would do now before she gets mad later." Sojung says while beginning to type on her cellphone..

After fifteen minutes, Jiyeon came back, still with the serious expression as she went to the table and got the bag and gave it to Hyunjung who was surprised.

Jiyeon stared at her sharply, "The doctor said that you can be discharged today unnie, here are your clothes. You can change now."

She then turns to Sojung, "What did manager-oppa say?"

"He'll be here in 10 minutes, unnie." Sojung gulped.

"Tell the manager that I'll be waiting for him in the lobby, the doctor said that we'll pay there. Just come out later after you're done, arasso? We'll be waiting there. And don't forget to wear your disguises." She said lastly as she carried her bag and left.

The only ones in the room could only stare at each other and shrug.

 


 

After half an hour, they are now sitting in the van going to their dorm. It was awfully quiet, which they are not used to.

Jiyeon was in the far back with earphones in her ears listening to music as she looked out at the window, staring at the buildings they passed by. While on the front row was Seola, Exy and Eunseo while on the second row was Luda and Yeoreum who were whispering among themselves.

When they arrived at their dorm, the girls got off quickly with Bona trailing behind, still silent as her head was down, not having enough energy to interact with the members.

As they opened the door, the other members who were left yesterday saw that Seola was well, they cheered hugging her one at a time.

They didn't notice that Jiyeon just passed at them and went straight to her room. Their cheering was only stopped when they heard a loud bang from one of the doors.

They all turned to the members that went to the hospital, "What's her problem?"

They could only shrug, but Exy knew why Jiyeon acted like that.

They didn't miss the flash of worry on Seola's eyes as she stared on the door which the noise came from.