Flabbergasted

Cupid? (EDITING)

The next day, the girls were informed that they would start recording the tracks for their new mini album: WJ Please? All of them were excited, because they can interact with their fans again after 7 months. They were on their way to the studio and they're all talking to each other causing it to be loud, as always.

On the middle row near the window, there was Sojung and Jiyeon talking in low voices, both whispering to each other. They didn't know that Hyunjung was staring at them, curious to why they are talking in hushed voices when normally they are the loudest ones in the group.

Sojung prevents a laugh from escaping to when she asks, "How's your date in the hospital, unnie?"

Jiyeon furrows her eyebrows, but chuckles after thinking that it's one of Sojung's lame jokes again, "What date? and why would I have a date in the hospital of all places?"

"Don't act so innocent, unnie. I saw you." Sojung says, her eyebrows both raising up and down as if she's teasing.

"I don't even have someone to date. If you saw me, I would've seen you first." Jiyeon replied, giggling again. Does she know something?

Sojung turns serious for a second and Jiyeon gulps, afraid that what she's thinking might be true. But then, Sojung flashes her a smirk, and Jiyeon had never felt more nervous before.

"I even have a proof, unnie," Exy states, getting her phone from her pocket as she scrolls through the apps, searching for something.

"Show me then." Jiyeon tries to say smugly, but deep inside she can feel her heart pounding in her ears. Oh god, did she see that? What happens now? Act nonchalant, yeah, act nonchalantly.

"Here, unnie. See?" The former flashes her the phone as she smirks. The photo was blurry at first because of the light passing through the windows of the car, but as Bona squinted her eyes to see the picture clearly, she remembered this.

"How -" She was shocked and speechless. She remembered opening the door that night to let Sojung come in, but how did she take this?

"Can't say anything unnie?" Sojung cut her off. The smirk still plastered in her face that Jiyeon wanted to remove badly.

"But I remembered opening the door for you that night because it was locked." She reasons, her hand starting to shake. There's no use denying it. What will she do?

"How do you think I got all of these when it was locked?" Sojung whispers, swiping on her phone that showed the same photo but with different angles.

Now, Jiyeon was truly speechless, as there was suddenly a bulb that lit inside her head. She realized that Sojung planned it all, the locking of the door to the knocking. , she cursed in her head as her temper was slowly building up.

"Yah! Give me that now!" she shouted, earning the attention of all members that were in the car, their chatters had died down, and their focus was on them, waiting on who's going to pounce first. Jiyeon didn't mind it a bit, not when her feelings might be revealed. She has to delete that photo now before the others can see it.

She tried grabbing the phone but Sojung reacted quickly, shutting her phone off and putting it on her other hand, away from Jiyeon's reach. The latter continued to shout to give her the phone as she tried standing up in the car, but the phone was completely far from her reach as Sojung's laughter continued echoing in the small van.

The others were watching them in amusement, relief evident in their faces thinking that they were only bantering.

Sojung flashes her palm, making Jiyeon stop. "Of course, I was there first unnie. And thank me for being the one who went there and not manager-oppa," she whispers enough for Jiyeon to hear as she stopped laughing and now clutching her stomach which hurts.

Jiyeon thought carefully about what Sojung had said. If their manager was the one who saw that, she would be doomed, she can be kicked out from the group even, and the chance to see Seola everyday was gone like a puff of air, and eventually, she would lose their connection which would break her heart. Exy was right, she should thank her but first they have to talk. She was going to reply but she was still catching her breath, for all the trashing and shouting that she did.

She waited for half a minute to regain her composure but was cut off by the sound of the doors opening as the members got out, still thinking what their leader and Jiyeon had been bantering about. Jiyeon saw Seola staring at her coldly as she got out of the van with Jiyeon only to be left curious as to why she did that.

 


 

They were already recording for 4 hours with most of the members' parts done and they were now eating the food that they ordered for lunch. Hyunjung, Sojung, and Jiyeon were still not done recording for their parts as they sat on the side waiting but with food on their laps as they were also eating. After they were done, the two went sitting together away from the oldest so that she can't hear what they're going to talk about.

Jiyeon sat on the floor, her back against the wall as Sojung sat in front of her. They began talking again with hushed voices, which irritated Hyunjung inside and as the members also saw this, their confusion also grew.

What the heck are they talking about? Speaking with those hushed voices tsk, Hyunjung hissed as she tried concentrating on her parts, but also stealing glances on the two talking at the corner.

"We should talk here quietly, the members will be suspicious if we both go out and be gone for half an hour." Jiyeon stated as she fixed her pants and sat.

"What are we supposed to talk about, unnie?" Sojung questions but already knows what it is that Jiyeon's talking about. She drinks from her bottle, waiting for the older girl to speak.

"About what you showed me earlier, aren't you mad or even disgusted by what you saw?" Jiyeon asked her, afraid that she would say yes. Because she knows that not everyone in Korea isn't open minded to the idea of girls dating girls, and she's afraid that she might tell it to their company.

Sojung sighed, now understanding, "Of course not, unnie. Love can't be stopped just because you are both females, I support you even if you end up with a girl or not. And besides," Sojung laughs a little bit. "We've known each other for years, you should know what my reaction will be."

Bona just stared at her fingers as she inhaled deeply, relaxed that her member approves of her feelings for Hyunjung. "I'm sorry. I was too nervous that it clouded my rationality."

"But I want to ask you, unnie. Since when did you have feelings for Hyunjung-unnie?" Sojung asks, playing with the bottle of water.

"I have feelings for her for 2 years now." Jiyeon replies truthfully, looking at Sojung's reaction.

Sojung can't believe what she heard and agapes, "2 years? That's too long! Does she know?!" her voice raised a bit.

Jiyeon was quick to shush her, "Calm down, you're attracting attention to us."

Sojung's eyes followed where Jiyeon's looking and indeed the attention was on them, even Hyunjung who was practicing her lines. She calmed down then spoke again, "How did you manage to hide it in 2 effing years? Without even no one noticing about it. If I didn't watch the way you reacted when Hyunjung-unnie fainted, I wouldn't have known this by now."

Jiyeon just smiles at her faintly, "Of course I have to hide it from everyone, you do know how people react if they know you like the same gender. And I'm afraid that if Hyunjung-unnie knew this, she will avoid me and our friendship will be broken and even the group will be affected and I don't want that to happen," she explained.

"But how long do you plan on hiding this from her? She deserves to know it. You deserve to have a chance." Sojung asks worriedly, taking Jiyeon's hand on her own. She's worried for her unnie, who knows how much she's hurting already?

But Jiyeon's reply made her astounded, "I'm not hiding it from her, I'm just waiting. Waiting for her to realize what she feels for me. I'm willing to wait for her as long as it takes, as long as I know that she'll come to me in the end. After all, she's my other half."

She smiled brightly at Sojung as she stood up and finally went to the recording room to sing her lines but turned around not forgetting to say something, "And don't forget to send me the pictures! and use banmal (informal language) from now on!" she added, not noticing that Hyunjung was staring at her as she walked away.

 


 

They are now on their van going back to the dorm after a few hours of recording. They were all exhausted and now all of them are sleeping except the two girls at the back who are Jiyeon and Hyunjung.

Somehow before they loaded the van, Sojung had planned something for both of them to end up at the backside and the members all on the front rows. Sojung gave Jiyeon a sly smile when she realized that she planned it.

Because of some things on the back side, the other seats were occupied leaving them no choice to sit side by side with Jiyeon at the side of the window and on her right was Hyunjung. Because of the silence and like an invisible tension between them, she tried making a conversation, "Aren't you tired, unnie? Do you want to sleep?"

Hyunjung replies as she turns off her phone and tucks it in her pocket. "I'm tired but I can't sleep and I don't even know why."

"Do you want to lean on my shoulder? Maybe it'll help you fall asleep," Jiyeon jokes, but deep inside she knows that Hyunjung wouldn't do it. But there's a little hope in her mind that the latter would accept.

So when the older girl says "Sure" and fixes her position so she can lean on Jiyeon, she becomes paralyzed. She was supposed to say something but she heard Hyunjung's low breathing indicating that she fell asleep quickly.

Jiyeon smiles at this as she fixes Hyunjung's position so her face is tucked in the crook of her neck so that she wouldn't be uncomfortable when she wakes up. She turns her body so that she can move closer to Hyunjung and after she's done, she leans her back on the car seat. She wraps her right arm on Hyunjung's waist as she places her head on top of the latter and she slowly shuts her eyes, falling into sleep.

Little did they know, Sojung was awake and as usual, she took pictures again, making sure that her phone was on silent.