Ch. 6 - The Best Friend

High School Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weekend ended real quickly and before I knew it, Monday was here and that mean school. It was early morning. The sun is rising and there's a light breezes. Lucky for me, I had my jacket on while walking. As I was entering the courtyard, there was someone yelling in the distance. It sounded like my name was being called so turning around, I'd found my best friend running straight to me.
 

"JENO!"
 

"Oh. Hey there, Jaemin. You're...." My word was cut off when he crushed me in a bear hug. "Can't... breath."
 

"I missed you so much," he said, picking me up and swinging me around. "Being sick ."
 

"Put... me....down," I managed to say.
 

"Sorry," he said, finally putting me down. Fixing my outfit, I noticed everyone around us was watching. Bowing my head, they dismissed our interaction and went back to their normal activity. "Anything new since I was gone,” Jaemin asked, putting an arm around my shoulder as we started to walk into the building toward our class.

I answer, "You'd only missed two days, what could be new?"
 

"Anything can happen," he stated. "Speaking of which, look over there. It's your boy crush. He's coming this way." That’s right! I forgot to tell him!
 

"Actually, Jaemin. I need to tell..."
 

"Wait, he's walking towards us," he said, squeezing my shoulder. "Senpai finally notices you."
 

"Jaemin...."
 

"Seriously, he's actually walking to us." Before I could explain to him, Mark was already standing in front of us.
 

"Hi," Mark greeted.
 

"Hi," I replied.
 

"HELLO," Jaemin shouted, earning an elbow to the rib from me causing him to jump back. "I mean, hello."
 

Mark chuckled. "Nice weather we're having," he said with a smile, staring directly into my eyes.
 

"It is," I answered, returning the smile. "A little bit chilly."

 

“Glad you have your jacket,” he said.

 

“Not letting you borrow this one,” I joked and we both laughed. Jaemin, on the other hand was clueless.

 

"Psshh, what's going on," Jaemin whispered, tugging on my sleeves. "Why is he talking to us?"

 

"You must be Jaemin," Mark said, finally breaking eye contact with me and sticking his hand out. “I’m Mark. Nice to meet you.”

 

“Likewise,” he said, accepting the handshake. “Not to be rude but did something happen?”

 

Mark looks at him before turning to me. "You didn't tell him?"


"Didn't have a chance," I said with a shrug.
 

"Hey, I'm right here. What are you guys talking about," he asked but we both ignored him.
 

"Maybe this would give him a hint," Mark said, standing right in front of me.
 

"What are you...." My question was quickly answered before I could finish my sentence. With a quick peck onto my cheek, gasps were heard and Jaemin wasn't the only one. It came throughout the hallway as everyone was shock that one of the five just planted a wet one on me.
 

"What are you doing," I cried, face heating up. "Everyone is staring."
 

"Good," he said, smiling like a kid that just got some candy. Raising his voice, he continued. "Now everyone knows that you're mine." I tried to fire back but I was so flustered, nothing came out. "Ok, see you at lunch. Bye, Jaemin." With that, he was gone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter