Ch. 5 - The Date

High School Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This day came earlier than I expected. I didn't know what I was doing here but here I am, at the mall. Actually, I do know my reason and it was Mark. He texted me the detail last night and ask to meet up an hour past noon. I barely slept a wink last night and because of him, my room is a mess. Clothes everywhere, I stayed up trying to pick out an outfit. I didn’t know if I should go casual or dress up a bit. If only Jaemin wasn't sick, he could have help me out. Speaking of Jaemin, I tried to check up on him this morning but he didn't answer. He must still be asleep. I'll call him later to see how he's doing.

Back to my situation, I didn't find anything I like so I just went with my casual hoodie and jean look. I threw all the clothes off my bed and called it a night. Waking up to this sight, I can only blame myself. I didn’t know why I tried in the first place, now my clothes are scattered all around my room. I need to put these away but I'll do it right after I come back. After getting ready and all, I headed out.

I ended up here earlier than I expected. My mom had to do some errands so she dropped me off before heading off. So here I am, sitting on the bench inside the building while watching people walk around. I rarely come to the mall, only when Jaemin needed something from one of the store. Today though, I feel weird. Maybe it was because Jaemin wasn’t here with me or that I’m actually meeting Mark. It’s also be that I have a feeling that I'm being watched. I felt the moment I arrived, I had eyes on me watching my every moves. Even now while I'm sitting here, I have this feeling but I don't see anything. It could also be that I'm just paranoid but I can't help it.

"Jeno...." Following the direction of the voice, I found Mark lightly jogging towards me. "You came."

"Of course I did," I answered. "Did you think I wasn't going to show up?"

He let out a chuckle. "No offense but I did have a slight feeling you might ghosts me. I did ask you suddenly."

"I wouldn't," I said. "You did promise me food."

"So you're here only for the food?"

"Maybe," I joked and we both laughed.

"Speaking of food, did you eat yet," he asked and I shook my head. "Let's grab a bite first before we shop."

"Sure."

"Do you prefer anything?"

"Not really. Anything is fine."

He stood there, hand under his chin and thought our next course of action. With a snap of the fingers, an idea pops into his head. "Hmm... how about we head to the food court and decide from there."

"Sound like a plan."

 

We ended up all afternoon walking around the mall after eating. Going to multiple stores, we tried on many clothes. It was more like he pick out an outfit and make me try it on, saying it was a better view to see it on a model. I laughed when he called me that but he kept reassuring me that I have a pretty face and I need to give myself more credit. I'd just played it off.

After walking around some more, we took a break. We were parch so we decided to stop at a small café towards the end of the mall. Ordering some drinks, we took a seat in the corner of the shop away from most people after receiving our drinks. The café itself was nice and quiet, blocking all the noised from outside. It was a nice way to end the day. I had to admit, I actually had fun today. We tried on many clothes but didn’t buy any of it, only small items since we’re broke high school students and most of them were overpriced anyway. It didn’t matter. We were enjoying each other presence. In the end, I learned more abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter