Ch. 4 - The Meet Up

High School Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let’s recap what just happen. I was supposed to meet Mark at the end of class. Trying to sneak away instead, only then that I’d got bombarded by Renjun and Donghyuck which happen to be Mark’s friends. Not only did they catch me trying to run, now they are forcing me to go see Mark as they walked with me each one on my sides. Even before I could reach him, they stopped me and started asking weird questions in the middle of the hallway. Thinking it was the end of all that as one person left, I felt relieved as I cleared up some rumors about Jaemin and I but that was not the case. One person on the other hand thought it would be an excellent idea to question me more in a more personal way. So here we are now, still in the middle of the hallway. Renjun standing in front of me, arms on my shoulders as he look into my eyes waiting for me to answer. Who would have thought that he had remembered that day where I was caught in the act.

"So..."

"So what," I asked as I played dumb.

"Really Jeno," he said, dropping his arms. "Why are you making this difficult?"

"I’m not," I answered but earn a stern look from him. Maybe I was. Why did I need to tell him in the first place? "What?"

"Do you like Mark," he asked the question again.

I tried to avoid the question again. "Would you look at the time. I think it's time to go."

He wasn’t having any of it. "Jeno...."

I wasn’t going to back down, though. "The sun is going down...."

"Jeno...” I could tell he was pretty much annoyed now but still, I tried to push my luck.

"I need to head out pretty...."

"Jeno!" He’d finally snapped. I was taken aback. I didn’t think he yelled like that and at me of all people. So shocked in a way, I started to blurt out anything.


"What? I don't know. Maybe," I said, scratching my head. This was hard and he still doesn't look convince. So taking a deep breath, I collected my thought. We stood there for a couple of seconds before I gave him my answer. "Ok, fine. Yes, I like Mark. Happy?"

"Very," he said before giving me a smile and walking away. Annoyed Renjun was gone and happy Renjun was back but wait, that's all. No more question? He was going to leave after all the pressure he put me through?

"Wait! Where are you going," I asked, running up to him.

He answered nonchalantly, "home."

"Really? All those question and you're going to go home? What the point in that," I asked, clearly annoyed now.

He smiles one last time before exiting the hallway. "To make you realize your feeling."

 

"Stupid Renjun. Stupid Donghyuck," I said, kicking the air while facing down. How is he going to leave after asking all those questions. Make me realize my feeling, who do he think he is? It's just a small crush, not something to act on. He couldn't just let me put my feeling aside and just let it die out. So what if he make my face heat up when he was close to me or my heart races

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter