Ch. 2 - The Aftermath

High School Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I should have known. As soon as I walk into class, all eyes were on me. Whispers and pointing was going around as I walk toward my seat. Trying to ignore it, I really don't know what to do as I did not want all these attention. Of course words about my incident would go around but I did not think it was going to be this big so fast. Knowing there's nothing I can do, I took my seat and bury my face into my arms. Class starts in fifteen minutes, might as well sleep it off until then.

"Poke him," I heard someone say. It hasn't been five minute after I put my head down, now the whispers were getting louder. It sounds like it was a desk in front of me.

"What? You do it." It was someone else this time. Were they talking about me?

"But he might be sleeping." Yup! They're definitely talking about me.

"You wanted to talk to him so you wake him up." There goes my little nap.

"Um... can I help you," I asked, slowly raising my head. Regret ran down my face. Of all people, it would be them appearing in front of me. The two beloved students in my class are standing here, wanting to talk to me. Did I mention they were friend with Mark. "Oh, no."

"Great! You're up," angel voiced Donghyuck said, clapping his hands together. "We want you..."

"Please don't hurt me," I interrupted, closing my eyes and bringing my arms up to my face to block for any incoming fists. I peeked out with one eye when I didn't feel any impact.

"Why would we hurt you," smiling boy Renjun asked, tilting his head to the side. Both of them was blinking at me, expecting an answer. Putting my arms down, I noticed everyone was looking at us.

"Didn't... Didn't Mark send you guys?"

They look at each other before letting out a laugh. "Mark told us to not bother you but it's not like we're going to listen to him," Renjun said. He wanted to say something else but the teacher just stepped in. "We'll talk during lunch, okay? Mark would love to see you again." To beat me up personally I believe.

"We'll wait for you," Donghyuck said before they went back to their seats. Oh great! Now how am I supposed to avoid him if his friends are going to be waiting for me. What am I going to do? What did he tell them? It's going to be a pain in the for the next few hours. I'm going sit here in agony until lunch comes around. My favorite time of the school day and now it's ruin. Well, better think of an excuse while I wait.



The time has come and I was dreading it since class started. I was so busy fidgeting, I made a mockery of myself when I was called upon by the teacher. I'd tripped walking up to the board, messed up on all the questions I was given and stumbled on my lines when I was told to read out loud. I still couldn't think of a good enough excuse to bail on them. So when lunch arrives, I saw them getting bombarded with their fans. I knew this was my opportunity to escape. Slowly making my way towards the door, I glance back to see if they notice. They didn't. Grinning to myself, I successfully walk out of the room without them noticing. I'm free!

Or so I thought. Believing I got away, I went straight to the restroom to wash my face. I need to cool off and wash away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter